You know what really upsets me? (GAC Signup rant)

Prev134
The fact that they make the roster lock happen when you click join on GAC and there is no way to back out.

I was trying to wait until the end of the TW tomorrow because I'll be able to add a zeta to a character, and mod the clone squad. I thought I clicked on the small TW icon on the right side of the screen, but I guess I fat fingered it and hit the GA button, and I just clicked what I thought was the view TW button but I realized a half second too late I was in the GAC screen and I already clicked "join".

Thanks CG, you need to either add the back out button to your GAC so I can back out and remod my squads, or you need to have a "are you sure you want to lock your roster for the GA" screen pop up. Here's to another week of crap results in the GA.

Replies

• Options
    Those screens are completely different, how is that CG’s fault?
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Options
    I just did the exact same thing! **** to find out now it’s 3v3 with no way to swap mods
  • Options
    Those screens are completely different, how is that CG’s fault?

Sometimes you just act mindlessly as you are going from one screen to another. You get into a rhythm when you go from one screen to another. Fact is that I did mess up because I wasn't actively concentrating on exactly which screen I was on (I just look for the green button and press it to view where things are at) and now I can't undo it like I can with TW sign up. I understand the need to lock when you sign up, it's to prevent cheating. But you need to have some kind of failsafe so that when accidents happen you can undo it.
  • Options
    KoolKent wrote: »
    I just did the exact same thing! **** to find out now it’s 3v3 with no way to swap mods

Crap, that just made it even worse. I know CG said that they wanted to do 3v3 soon, but I didn't know it was this GA!!
  • Options
    its 3vs3?Didnt even notice,but whatever,on most fights we underdog anyway,so no big deal.
  • plindboe
    281 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Did the same thing, lol. One presses the button without thinking due to muscle memory. It can be difficult to change a behaviour when it has become more or less automatic.

I never really move mods around for different events, so it's not a big issue for me. But can see how it could ruin GAC for people who move mods around. Last GAC I was up against a player stronger than me, and he hadn't put a defense down, so his teams were random. I noticed that some of his characters lacked mods, so it's likely that he just gave up on GAC due to accidentally joining at the wrong time.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    KoolKent wrote: »

Crap, that just made it even worse. I know CG said that they wanted to do 3v3 soon, but I didn't know it was this GA!!

Sometimes you need to slow down and read. Life lessons.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    its 3vs3?Didnt even notice,but whatever,on most fights we underdog anyway,so no big deal.

In every battle you were an underdog their was a favourite. It will always balance out.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    3v3 sucks
  • Options
    I did the same thing. I actually didn’t even know GA was up. There is no room on the right side to display the icon (maybe if we could get that pack advertisement off there...). I went into GAC curious to see if it listed a date for the next GA. I just clicked through out of habit and I joined before I even realized it was active.

Yes, it’s my own fault, but it should be designed not to put users in a position where it is so easy to mess up, and in multiple ways. Several people have missed joining altogether because they were waiting for that extra gear level/zeta/etc and got distracted and didn’t get back into the game to use that zeta and join in time.
  • Options
    Another person blaming CG for their incompetence.

I swear someones gonna blame CG for their wife divorcing them or something
  • Options
    Baby_Yoda wrote: »

So a flawed mechanic is the ultimate fault of the player? TW has a feature where you can join and leave up to the start of the event. Why not GC?

Also isn’t it a bug in CG’s game that makes this a problem? Before the bug you could join TW and GAC, and make changes to your mods/ gear, etc without worry up until actual start of either event.

So CG’s lack of in game mechanics and inability/unwillingness to fix a pretty serious bug is the fault of...the player’s? Hmmm
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

So a flawed mechanic is the ultimate fault of the player? TW has a feature where you can join and leave up to the start of the event. Why not GC?

Also isn’t it a bug in CG’s game that makes this a problem? Before the bug you could join TW and GAC, and make changes to your mods/ gear, etc without worry up until actual start of either event.

So CG’s lack of in game mechanics and inability/unwillingness to fix a pretty serious bug is the fault of...the player’s? Hmmm

Kinda different. Since he didn't even want to join.

Its like someone trying to gear up a character and then they accidentally click the bottom button and go to a different character that they accidentally geared
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options

Flawed mechanic or not, you know how the mechanic works just gotta pay more attention and accept your own responsibility.
  • Options
    Bad mechanic.

Could easily do a join/unjoin button. The customer is always right.
  • Options

Yes, it's people's own fault, but it's so easy to slip up. It's more akin to CG having placed a banana peel on the sidewalk and people slipping on it. Sure, you can point out that these people should have looked where they were going, but CG has set up a situation where it's very easy to trip up.
  • Options
    I did the same thing. I actually didn’t even know GA was up. There is no room on the right side to display the icon (maybe if we could get that pack advertisement off there...).

? What's taking up the space 4th space on your screen then?
    y2hdyzo5c1rp.jpg
  • Options
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Time to get my trapped in carbonite portrait. 3 vs 3 is lame. Where else do I care about my best 3 person team, I don't.....

That's what I'm thinking of doing too.
  • Options

If their garbage coding actually worked as intended and the roster photo was taken after the signup clock hit 0 we would not have this thread.

How is this problem not the fault of the devs???
  • Options
    There's an easy fix: don't click it. There you go. Is it really that hard NOT clicking a button? You know it locks your roster immediately already, so you should have known to be careful. I knew, so I was very careful with not joining before I knew I was 100% ready. I'm not saying it's great that they don't have a "leave" button, but you can't blame CG for your own slip-ups.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    There's an easy fix: don't click it. There you go. Is it really that hard NOT clicking a button? You know it locks your roster immediately already, so you should have known to be careful. I knew, so I was very careful with not joining before I knew I was 100% ready. I'm not saying it's great that they don't have a "leave" button, but you can't blame CG for your own slip-ups.

you new here? lol

idk what was so bad about the old system. just bc it apparently takes cg's one computer a long time to take snapshots means we now have to make sure we do everything before signing up and risk something going wrong and missing gac? or sign up immed to be sure and then realize you didn't add a bunch of stuff like hux's abilities? asking for a friend
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    XKurareX wrote: »
    The customer is always right.

Wrong.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Surprise Mechanic!!!
  • Options
    Bad mechanic.

First that’s a McDonald’s mantra not a fact. The customer is an **** more often than not, just look at this forum and my own posts for further details. And also do you spend money on this game ? Cause if you don’t you aren’t even qualified to call yourself a customer. Explain to me how easy it is to add the leave / join button. I want to see the actual professional steps needed to add the feature. I don’t understand how easy it is so explain how to do it.
  • Options
    Stick wrote: »
    Bad mechanic.

First that’s a McDonald’s mantra not a fact. The customer is an **** more often than not, just look at this forum and my own posts for further details. And also do you spend money on this game ? Cause if you don’t you aren’t even qualified to call yourself a customer. Explain to me how easy it is to add the leave / join button. I want to see the actual professional steps needed to add the feature. I don’t understand how easy it is so explain how to do it.

Same as TW?
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    I did the same thing last night. I don't understand why I can't leave and rejoin like I can do with TW since there is still time for the algorithm to do matchmaking. I am missing some key mods and need to put them back on, but now I can't...
  • Options
    Bad mechanic.

Same as TW?

Oh ya just cut and paste.
  • Options
    Bad mechanic.

Same as TW?

Oh ya just cut and paste.

Personally, I would copy and paste. Cutting would break TW.
This discussion has been closed.