You know what really upsets me? (GAC Signup rant)

Replies

• mesa176750
    663 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Baby_Yoda wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Another person blaming CG for their incompetence.

I swear someones gonna blame CG for their wife divorcing them or something

So a flawed mechanic is the ultimate fault of the player? TW has a feature where you can join and leave up to the start of the event. Why not GC?

Also isn’t it a bug in CG’s game that makes this a problem? Before the bug you could join TW and GAC, and make changes to your mods/ gear, etc without worry up until actual start of either event.

So CG’s lack of in game mechanics and inability/unwillingness to fix a pretty serious bug is the fault of...the player’s? Hmmm

Kinda different. Since he didn't even want to join.

Its like someone trying to gear up a character and then they accidentally click the bottom button and go to a different character that they accidentally geared

I wanted to join, but because of CG's method to hotfix the signup abuse that other players have used, I'm put into a situation where I can't fix. We have had plenty more GA sign ups that didn't have this method than not. Sorry you don't want to sympathize with my mistake, but I feel that me bringing attention to this problem will promote some action on CGs part. I even gave two suggestions on how they could do that.

Edit: I'm just upset because now the zeta I just added and the mods I reorganized won't be usable for this GA match, and honestly that's all I want to do, but I'm stuck waiting for a week now with subpar mods. What about people that swap mods for raids or TB and then forgot to swap back, but then realize it's too late to swap because they already signed up for the GA. Its such a fault in their programming that they can't offer a way to reset my roster like I can in TW, or at the very least give me a pop up like they do when I'm about to zeta a character asking if I really want to do that. Both of these options should be easy to add to their game, and CG needs to change this.
  • Stick wrote: »
    XKurareX wrote: »
    Bad mechanic.

Could easily do a join/unjoin button. The customer is always right.

First that’s a McDonald’s mantra not a fact. The customer is an **** more often than not, just look at this forum and my own posts for further details. And also do you spend money on this game ? Cause if you don’t you aren’t even qualified to call yourself a customer. Explain to me how easy it is to add the leave / join button. I want to see the actual professional steps needed to add the feature. I don’t understand how easy it is so explain how to do it.

Same as TW?

That’s not steps. That’s not how things get done
  • XKurareX wrote: »
    Bad mechanic.

@XKurareX
    No they ain’t.
    Don’t swap mods and you won’t have an issue. Mod swapping is optional
    Bad mechanic.

First that’s a McDonald’s mantra not a fact. The customer is an **** more often than not, just look at this forum and my own posts for further details. And also do you spend money on this game ? Cause if you don’t you aren’t even qualified to call yourself a customer. Explain to me how easy it is to add the leave / join button. I want to see the actual professional steps needed to add the feature. I don’t understand how easy it is so explain how to do it.

Same as TW?

That's pointing to an existing model in the game, not a line of code.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • XKurareX wrote: »
    Bad mechanic.

@XKurareX
    No they ain’t.

I don't care about the customer being always right being a good idea or not, but criticizing someone for mod swapping is a dumb thing to say. Some times it will make the big difference for a successful TB run or not, and I promise you that mod swapping will be next to required for the geo LSTB. Fact is that if a mistake is made that can easily be fixed by adding a back-out and resign up option (like CG already has for TW) it should be added to the game.
    Bad mechanic.

Same as TW?

Line of code or model is irrelevant. Saying something else has that option doesn’t mean they can copy and paste. Light side and dark side battles have the option for a 6th slot. But raids don’t because they can’t copy and paste that option in
  • mesa176750 wrote: »
    Bad mechanic.

@XKurareX
    No they ain’t.

I don't care about the customer being always right being a good idea or not, but criticizing someone for mod swapping is a dumb thing to say. Some times it will make the big difference for a successful TB run or not, and I promise you that mod swapping will be next to required for the geo LSTB. Fact is that if a mistake is made that can easily be fixed by adding a back-out and resign up option (like CG already has for TW) it should be added to the game.

Well you’re the authority on dumb things to say judging by this thread so I’ll take your word for it.
    The exact same thing happened to me dude. I have a revan with no mods now , and I don’t get upset with a program that has clear and defined rules and protocols. I get **** at myself for smoking too much weed and forgetting my mods were messed up. It’s your fault. Just like it is my fault.
    You make a mistake and then blame the game , when the game works this way and that’s known and been explained to the community. It’s your fault.

You are upset that you messed up and then you feel the need to ask for things to be changed. Grand arena works fine. Could there be improvements ? Hell ya. Would being able to exit once entered be better ? Totally. But that doesn’t make the fact that it was your fault , any different. You messed it up.
    Bad mechanic.

@XKurareX
    No they ain’t.

That’s not the point. Swapping mods might be helpful in certain cases. But by no means is it required.
    Making it optional. Therefore it’s up to a player to swap mods at their own risk. And keep track of it
    Bad mechanic.

Same as TW?

Line of code or model is irrelevant. Saying something else has that option doesn’t mean they can copy and paste. Light side and dark side battles have the option for a 6th slot. But raids don’t because they can’t copy and paste that option in

The copy and paste comment was a joke.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    Bad mechanic.

@XKurareX
    No they ain’t.

Well you’re the authority on dumb things to say judging by this thread so I’ll take your word for it.
    The exact same thing happened to me dude. I have a revan with no mods now , and I don’t get upset with a program that has clear and defined rules and protocols. I get **** at myself for smoking too much weed and forgetting my mods were messed up. It’s your fault. Just like it is my fault.
    You make a mistake and then blame the game , when the game works this way and that’s known and been explained to the community. It’s your fault.

You are upset that you messed up and then you feel the need to ask for things to be changed. Grand arena works fine. Could there be improvements ? Hell ya. Would being able to exit once entered be better ? Totally. But that doesn’t make the fact that it was your fault , any different. You messed it up.

I'm sure you'll be **** off when you lose a match because of your mods and you would have been really happy to just have had the chance to back our and rejoin the GA so your mods would be updated. If you just want to take that every time you mess up, then fine, but I'm making a stink about it so that CG can think about doing something about it. If you don't want them to change a broken model, idk why you even bother commenting.
  • It’s not broken and yes I will be mad but I’ll be mad at myself. Do you get mad at the cop when you’re the one who was speeding ? The rules are in place already. And I’m commenting for the same reason you are. Accept the person who I want to inform is you. You have a broken way of thinking. Which is “ I do nothing wrong , fix the game because it’s not fair to me “
    It’s not broken and yes I will be mad but I’ll be mad at myself. Do you get mad at the cop when you’re the one who was speeding ? The rules are in place already. And I’m commenting for the same reason you are. Accept the person who I want to inform is you. You have a broken way of thinking. Which is “ I do nothing wrong , fix the game because it’s not fair to me “

First off, there are outdated laws that should be reformed and so while I don't get mad at the laws, I get mad at the governing body. Did you know that there was a state where it was ok to murder people of a particular religion due to an old law? Should that law be rewritten or should people just let murder happen?? Your analogy falls apart.

And if you prefer the way the game is now, you shouldn't comment because then it will just bring more attention to my thread and I assure you that more people agree with the idea of adding a back out and rejoin option to GA than those that disagree with it.
  • Completely agree with the OP, the UI is full of problems & is anything but User Friendly.
    Stick wrote: »
    Bad mechanic.

Same as TW?

Oh ya just cut and paste.

Personally, I would copy and paste. Cutting would break TW.
    It’s not broken and yes I will be mad but I’ll be mad at myself. Do you get mad at the cop when you’re the one who was speeding ? The rules are in place already. And I’m commenting for the same reason you are. Accept the person who I want to inform is you. You have a broken way of thinking. Which is “ I do nothing wrong , fix the game because it’s not fair to me “

First off, there are outdated laws that should be reformed and so while I don't get mad at the laws, I get mad at the governing body. Did you know that there was a state where it was ok to murder people of a particular religion due to an old law? Should that law be rewritten or should people just let murder happen?? Your analogy falls apart.

And if you prefer the way the game is now, you shouldn't comment because then it will just bring more attention to my thread and I assure you that more people agree with the idea of adding a back out and rejoin option to GA than those that disagree with it.

Well it’s a public forum so I’m going to continue to comment. I’m sorry that all you wanted to hear was echoes of your own opinion instead of having a discussion. And it doesn’t bother me that when taken to an extreme, my analogy falls apart.
    Bad mechanic.

Same as TW?

Oh ya just cut and paste.

Personally, I would copy and paste. Cutting would break TW.

Well it’s a public forum so I’m going to continue to comment. I’m sorry that all you wanted to hear was echoes of your own opinion instead of having a discussion. And it doesn’t bother me that when taken to an extreme, my analogy falls apart.

Well thanks for the traffic, my problem, which is your problem as well, will get more attention thanks to your repeated comments and it will garner attention to getting fixed. Have a nice day.
    Bad mechanic.

@XKurareX
    No they ain’t.

I'm sure you'll be **** off when you lose a match because of your mods and you would have been really happy to just have had the chance to back our and rejoin the GA so your mods would be updated. If you just want to take that every time you mess up, then fine, but I'm making a stink about it so that CG can think about doing something about it. If you don't want them to change a broken model, idk why you even bother commenting.

Where is this unwritten rule that you can’t say anything contrary to another’s opinion? Why have commenting if all you want is support and echoes of your opinion?
    Framing it like it’s broken only serves your argument of poisoning the well. Anyone can comment their opinion. By your own logic why bother to respond to him?
  • GJO
    172 posts Member
    Bad mechanic.

@XKurareX
    No they ain’t.

@Kyno get the trolls back to the cave, please.
    Bad mechanic.

@XKurareX
    No they ain’t.

Where is this unwritten rule that you can’t say anything contrary to another’s opinion? Why have commenting if all you want is support and echoes of your opinion?
    Framing it like it’s broken only serves your argument of poisoning the well. Anyone can comment their opinion. By your own logic why bother to respond to him?

Me responding generates traffic, so I don't care if I respond. I also don't care if you do comment here, because it helps spread my complaint more, because I'm sure most of the player base agrees that this should be added. If this were added, would you complain? I know you wouldn't.

Also, I accept the blame that I messed up, but does that mean I shouldn't try to raise the concern to CG and try and fix the issue? CG really could fix this easily.
  • Who’s trolling ?
  • I just want to understand, you guys keep strawmanning the argument to "you messed up when you signed up for GA before you wanted to sign up. You are dumb for making this mistake." Instead I want you to give me a reasonable understanding as to why CG shouldn't make it a priority to add a back out and rejoin option. If it makes you feel better, I'll accept that I messed up and I'm mad at myself for pushing that button. But I'm also mad at CG because they haven't given me a way to back out, and CG also didn't find a superior method to fix their exploitation bug (which is the real reason that the roster lock happens when you join instead of the old way where it locked at the end of the join period)
  • GJO wrote: »
    Bad mechanic.

@XKurareX
    No they ain’t.

@Kyno get the trolls back to the cave, please.

@GJO you're the “troll” in this situation.
    Bad mechanic.

@XKurareX
    No they ain’t.

Me responding generates traffic, so I don't care if I respond. I also don't care if you do comment here, because it helps spread my complaint more, because I'm sure most of the player base agrees that this should be added. If this were added, would you complain? I know you wouldn't.

Also, I accept the blame that I messed up, but does that mean I shouldn't try to raise the concern to CG and try and fix the issue? CG really could fix this easily.

If you like the traffic? Why raise an issue then?
    It’s not about liking the change or not. It’s about necessary or not. Which it isn’t.
    I just want to understand, you guys keep strawmanning the argument to "you messed up when you signed up for GA before you wanted to sign up. You are dumb for making this mistake." Instead I want you to give me a reasonable understanding as to why CG shouldn't make it a priority to add a back out and rejoin option. If it makes you feel better, I'll accept that I messed up and I'm mad at myself for pushing that button. But I'm also mad at CG because they haven't given me a way to back out, and CG also didn't find a superior method to fix their exploitation bug (which is the real reason that the roster lock happens when you join instead of the old way where it locked at the end of the join period)

You want to talk about strawmanning? You told me I had dumb criticism for my view of mod swapping that I said to someone else. You started on the defense of that. Meaning I never changed your statements. Therefore it’s not a strawman fallacy.
    The strawmanning comes in because I said that you shouldn’t change mods and there will be no problem. Not that you’re dumb
    The reason they don’t need to make it a priority is that the issue is user error. And can be fixed by the player. It’s not a technical problem
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Another person blaming CG for their incompetence.

I swear someones gonna blame CG for their wife divorcing them or something

So a flawed mechanic is the ultimate fault of the player? TW has a feature where you can join and leave up to the start of the event. Why not GC?

Also isn’t it a bug in CG’s game that makes this a problem? Before the bug you could join TW and GAC, and make changes to your mods/ gear, etc without worry up until actual start of either event.

So CG’s lack of in game mechanics and inability/unwillingness to fix a pretty serious bug is the fault of...the player’s? Hmmm

Yeah, definitely players fault.

I did exactly what bulldog mentioned and missed a whole week of gac because I was waiting to do upgrades before signing up and missed it. Guess who's fault that was? MINE! I was very upset, and still am. Would love to blame someone else, but clicking or not clicking buttons is on us.

Could they make it easier on us? Sure. But that's irrelevant to the fact that we are responsible for our own actions.
    Bad mechanic.

@XKurareX
    No they ain’t.

It's one thing to think it would be nice if they changed things to prevent players from making mistakes.

It's totally different to say it's CGs fault that the mistakes are made.
  • It never ceases to amaze me the **** that come on here apologizing for CG. The whole lock your roster when you click join was a hot fix for a bug that was supposed to be temporary. This is the kind of thing that halted my Whaley ways right after the GA$ event.
    They are not going to change their predatory monetization ways nor are they going to prioritize fixing bugs. It is what it is, they continue to make money so I don’t blame them. The folks that come on here and defend them however are beyond me.
  • JMFT wrote: »
    It never ceases to amaze me the **** that come on here apologizing for CG. The whole lock your roster when you click join was a hot fix for a bug that was supposed to be temporary. This is the kind of thing that halted my Whaley ways right after the GA$ event.
    They are not going to change their predatory monetization ways nor are they going to prioritize fixing bugs. It is what it is, they continue to make money so I don’t blame them. The folks that come on here and defend them however are beyond me.
    @JMFT
    It amazes me that people still think that everything they say is right. Not everything is capital games fault. So why don’t you try and take responsibility. Is everything that goes wrong their fault? If so why play?
    Not agreeing with criticism doesn’t align me with capital games. Merely against the critic.
    Is this forum supposed to be simply hatred you and people like you have for capital games?
  • I don’t hate CG, I think they have a sound business model. More power to them, I’m annoyed with people like you who for whatever reason trash people that make valid criticism. I voted with my wallet and went free to play. You do what you feel is right and enjoy the game how you see fit.
    But your point of view is ridiculous to me, mostly because I can’t tell if your trolling or are truly stunted in your way of thinking.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Bad mechanic.

@XKurareX
    No they ain’t.

I comment because I dont want them spending their time changing something that doesnt need changing. Pay attention, learn from your mistake and move on.

I'd rather they spend their time creating new content for me to play and enjoy. Backing in and out of GAC or TW is not the content I am looking for.

I don’t hate CG, I think they have a sound business model. More power to them, I’m annoyed with people like you who for whatever reason trash people that make valid criticism. I voted with my wallet and went free to play. You do what you feel is right and enjoy the game how you see fit.
    But your point of view is ridiculous to me, mostly because I can’t tell if your trolling or are truly stunted in your way of thinking.

How can I “trash” them if their opinion is valid?
    In what way is my way of thinking stunted? Because it doesn’t agree with your thinking which is “ the world is out to get me”
    Get sympathy somewhere else.
    You have a problem with what I say? Argue against it or prove me wrong. Don’t try and attack my character to make me seem like I’m wrong.
    This is the kind of thing that halted my Whaley ways right after the GA$ event.
    They are not going to change their predatory monetization ways nor are they going to prioritize fixing bugs.

Wow so you stopped spending after the last big thing that was out ? Really showing your restraint there bud. So what did you stop being “Whaley” over ? Hux & sith trooper? Wow you showed them.

You all just want to hear your own opinion back in your ear. If I don’t echo your little issues then I’m defending the game , which is silly because I’m defending free thinking people and trying to cut down complainers. This instance it defend them.

This discussion has been closed.