Let's make a deal.

Dear beloved CG,

Here's a suggestion to exorcise the parasiting ghost who dug himself into the game's root systems last Halloween (probably foreseeing the menace what the Revans brought) causing the ongoing fight with bugs, unintentional interactions, crashes, etcetera. You might think calling the Ghostbusters would resolve the issue... however we all now a reboot is barely a working solution, so don't get your hopes up. Thus in these dark times it might worth to use a drastic solution, even if it is to bargain with the demons within. We know we always demand. Hell, the player base's bare reason for existence is to drain the content of the game, requiring more and more working content. You might be right, it is our fault for having all these bugs, we use the game all day all night, our hunger for content prevents the ghost in the shell to disappear. Therefore, here's my solution:

We will all stop the moaning, crying, demanding, blahblahblah for 1 day... (you cannot ask for more, we would be drowning in our own desire to moan), in exchange, you shut down the game for 24h, making an emergency 24h shift with the developers, looking and resolving the bugs and until the ghost is gone, you won't release any new content. If might be hard for us to suffocate under the hunger of content-need, but we are all ready to make that sacrifice in exchange to have the game we love in a working condition. 'Cos let's admit, we are looking at all-time rock bottom son.

We love the game, we don't want it to slowely disintegrate.

Your's faithfully,
"I just wanna play god d*mmit!"

Replies

• Welcoming the idea of wanting to help, however, No.
    No for a plethora of reasons.
  • I wouldnt trust them to fix the problems with a week long shut down
  • You clearly have no idea how any of this works. It's annoying seeing posts like this when there are people with legitimately good ideas that are never seen
  • Somebody doesn't know how programming works.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Somebody doesn't know how programming works.

So nobody of us do either as only the devs know it. Maybe he's right, maybe not. However i would totally be in this solution if it works, one day in exchange for way less bugs is a very great deal. Highly unlikely but would be absolutely worth it if (and i say IF) it works.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • The part I agree with is: stop releasing new anything until the major bugs are worked out of the existing.
    Right now it seems that every new thing just compounds the “old” un-fixed bugs.
  • How are they going to fix anything if they won't let their thousands of free beta testers play for a week?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*