Grand Arena 3 vs 3 - The Malak issue and possible new solutions

So when 3 vs 3 was last in Grand Arena, if someone had Malak and you did not, you lost. It seems very doubtful CG has done anything to address this. Sure, Malak has come back so more people "should" have him, but the mast majority of people, will NOT. Potentially with Relics this might be an even worse issue than before.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=iGgl4lZnmiI

Possible new solutions not CG related:

Geos - Doubt it

Clones - Doubt it

Nuke - Don't see how it can work there will not be enough debuffs, plus you need at least 4 toons on this team for it to work

GAS - ? Again mass majority don't have him, we're looking for a solution hopefully most would have, and not even sure it would work anyway

Padme - Pad, GK, Ani? Seems this might be the only hope, but a small one at that

Anything else?

Replies

• Get him to 50 health and hit him with savage
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Stick wrote: »
    Get him to 50 health and hit him with savage

What other 2 characters are you doing that with? Remember when he hits 50% health he gets that bonus turn and won’t stay there for long.
  • Stick wrote: »

What other 2 characters are you doing that with? Remember when he hits 50% health he gets that bonus turn and won’t stay there for long.

If it's a solo Malak, you could use a team like KRU, Kylo and Savage. Should be pretty easy to stun lock him with the tenacity down on the basic with the two-turn unresistable KRU stun and the Kylo stun. Plus, even if he gets a bonus turn, he'll steal like 1 HP from KRU.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Same complaints as before. This game is balanced for 5v5 and not 3v3. There is no other game mode where we can practice or run 3v3 and just dropping 3v3 on us like this is very messed up in my opinion.

With gear 13 and relics this could potentially make things even worse than before, but hard to know till we see it...
  • Personally I used DR Badstilla and Thrawn, thrawn keeps him fractured so he doesn't get his bonus drains as you burn him down
  • You forgot that thrawn exists
  • Baby_Yoda wrote: »
    You forgot that thrawn exists

You forget that most people can't outrun the enemy DR w/ their Thrawn and Thrawn will never have the chance to fracture because he'll be feared and then CBM will be on him and he won't be able to fracture.

Against a slower DR, Thrawn will be very helpful though.
  • Yeah thrawn was around long ago, and never worked, hence the numerous complaints for months about how broken Malak is in 3 vs 3
  • Padme ahsoka ani. It's like a regular padme vs DR match, but gk 3p0, and SiT hk are already out of the way.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    Padme ahsoka ani. It's like a regular padme vs DR match, but gk 3p0, and SiT hk are already out of the way.
    Ideally you don't want GK out of the picture while DR and BSF are stil alive. That trio could go terribly wrong.
  • Everyone is talking about Malak, but I’m equally worried of how it will be to face a high reliced GAS. I figure it might be even harder since I don’t have GAS myself. Either way it will be fun to ginally have the 3v3 format again. Time to try out new strategies and some new comps
  • Vertigo wrote: »
    Baby_Yoda wrote: »

You forget that most people can't outrun the enemy DR w/ their Thrawn and Thrawn will never have the chance to fracture because he'll be feared and then CBM will be on him and he won't be able to fracture.

Use a fast JKR lead and Thrawn only needs to outspeed BSF. Mark DR to increase his cooldowns, then fracture him. Doesn't matter if he goes between JKR and Thrawn since he can only use his basic. The difficult part is to keep Thrawn alive long enough to fracture Malak after DR and BSF are down.

Are we talking Malak used with darth revan and bastilla ? That’s really the question

Fracture , isolate , annihilate, stun, healthblock, savage & Kylo unmasked are all options in certain cases with darth Malak under 3V3
  • Yeah thrawn was around long ago, and never worked, hence the numerous complaints for months about how broken Malak is in 3 vs 3

Did we have a 3V3 grand arena with Malak already ? I don’t recall that. If we did the game & world didn’t end so I guess it will be ok

He said 50 health not 50% health. :)
  • ssj4tim
    135 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Vertigo wrote: »
    Baby_Yoda wrote: »

Easy to avoid, you can out run DR with your own DR, if their Badstilla is faster than your thrawn then you can just dump the CBM off by instead making his first move the TM swap and he loses the CBM, then use fracture, it works quite well really.
  • Or if ur ballin use GAS
  • Now that people have had a chance to get hosed by the trio, did anyone actually have any success and with what?