Beware of buying 4x and 8x Chronium packs

Prev1
Hi all, would like to bring to the attention of a bug currently found in the 4x and 8x Chronium packs...that is if you are getting double character or shards in the same packs, some of the characters shards are not being tallied correctly.

There are a number of us who have been emailing, reporting the issues and directed back to this forum by the customer service without a proper explanation.

As a paying customer who has dumped significant money into this game, it feels like fraud to me...so becareful when anyone is deciding to purchase these packs.

More elaborate info can be found at

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/1624/character-shards-from-chromium-packs-are-not-awarded-correctly/p1

Replies

• Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Thanks for sharing here.

Hopefully it will be resolved soon.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • just bringing some awareness to the community :p
  • Good information. I always advise people buy crystals only, can't go wrong with that...
  • SlyWalker wrote: »
    Hi all, would like to bring to the attention of a bug currently found in the 4x and 8x Chronium packs...that is if you are getting double character or shards in the same packs, some of the characters shards are not being tallied correctly.

There are a number of us who have been emailing, reporting the issues and directed back to this forum by the customer service without a proper explanation.

As a paying customer who has dumped significant money into this game, it feels like fraud to me...so becareful when anyone is deciding to purchase these packs.

More elaborate info can be found at

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/1624/character-shards-from-chromium-packs-are-not-awarded-correctly/p1

I reported this to Google Play Team.. Will prolly have an answer within next 24-48hrs

I estimated the content not rewarded to be between 15% and 20% for 8x bundles and even up between 25% to 40% in the 4x bundles

If we keep getting insulting answers from EA and CG, like I mentioned in a previous post on the other link, Google can refund u back up to the last 10 purchases
  • Thanks for making everyone aware of this. I also only advise people to purchase crystals.
  • I think it would help if those affected provided screenshots as further proof of the bug in duplicate characters/shards. Though admission of the bug shows they are aware of it. Hopefully they will address this in a timely manner.

Thanks for the heads up. Will be more cautious now.
  • Daeghaa
    95 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I had no idea. Specially because I don't count shards. No clue what to do if that have happened to me...

Maybe I shouldn't get more.
  • You can actually see the bug in action in this guy's video. He gets Royal Guard tokens twice, but both times his total goes up to the same number (24/25).
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8gYtQZ65gI&t=1m21s
  • JoJoMo_007
    114 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    This has happened to me before. Once for sure and i think twice. I have no screenshots or videos of it tho.
  • Im surprised there has yet to be an answer regarding the bug considering there is this forum post along with the other post regarding it on the "bug and issues" forum. I want to buy packs but i've already been burned too many times.
  • yes that video is exactly the proof....and its not a visual bug i can confirm
  • After seeing this post something similar happened to me. However for me it was only a visual bug. The reward stated i received 12 royal guard shards, the total for royal guard didnt move but then i noticed i had 12 extra shards for captain phasma. A similar thing also happened with clone trooper shards but my character page has updated total on bariss offee instead
  • Jabberwocky
    1809 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Razz_Nomar wrote: »
    After seeing this post something similar happened to me. However for me it was only a visual bug. The reward stated i received 12 royal guard shards, the total for royal guard didnt move but then i noticed i had 12 extra shards for captain phasma. A similar thing also happened with clone trooper shards but my character page has updated total on bariss offee instead

I found the same thing today, I got dropped 2x Qui Gon shard packs and it didn't count right when tallying on the second drop but the total appeared correct on the character .
    2qvzgiq.png

I started with 20/25, it dropped another 20 in two packets, mis-counted the second drop yet the total is correct, he unlocked at 25 and left me with the balance of 15 towards the next promotion.

29botbo.png
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Lol they aren't going to rush to fix this because it catches people out and lower players progression rate, and forcing people to buy more. It was reported as a bug on launch day and we are now 4 weeks in, but they've still had time to nerf/buff characters. I know I reported it 3 days after launch when I got double Maul shards but only got one lot, submitted a ticket enquiring and haven't got a reply, in a month. So yeah, don't buy currently, as it's a scam in disguise.
  • i have 14/100 shards 6* DM lying around...can't imagine how much i might have lost.
  • yeah I noticed this after I heard about it, but not sure how many shards I may have missed out on in the first $200 I spent on gems. so guess I must try and resist buying more packs as I know I've already given them free money with no expectation that they'll bothe to retroactively give us our shards we paid for :(
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Nope where is ewok to tell you how horrible all of you are for complaining?? The EA tos says they can!!!

Seriously this is a problem thank you all for speaking up! And I don't buy many of these so have not seen it before so great warning
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • There is a thread under "Bugs and Issues". I suggest leaving comments there, as well as any evidence such as pictures, videos, etc. so that they understand what is actually happening.

Link: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/1624/character-shards-from-chromium-packs-are-not-awarded-correctly/p1
  • moddom wrote: »
    There is a thread under "Bugs and Issues". I suggest leaving comments there, as well as any evidence such as pictures, videos, etc. so that they understand what is actually happening.

Link: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/1624/character-shards-from-chromium-packs-are-not-awarded-correctly/p1

Yeah, but the point of it here as well though is not many go and check bugs and issues unless they've found a bug/issue, so by having it here it's a warning before people buy, rather than a bug report after.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    +1
  • moddom wrote: »
    There is a thread under "Bugs and Issues". I suggest leaving comments there, as well as any evidence such as pictures, videos, etc. so that they understand what is actually happening.

Yeah, but the point of it here as well though is not many go and check bugs and issues unless they've found a bug/issue, so by having it here it's a warning before people buy, rather than a bug report after.

Just giving another place of reference, 2 places are better than one :)
  • Otar
    252 posts Member
    Why we as players, feel the need to warn other potential players about bugs, cheats and the many, many inconsistencies the game have? While the company EA/CG does the opposite and try to hide it at all costs, instead of doing something about it? Or even admiting the problem exists in the first place?
  • Yup started this thread so that we can raise some awareness on the issue thats all. As well as to give players headsup before they part with their money.
  • Vampire_X wrote: »
    Nope where is ewok to tell you how horrible all of you are for complaining?? The EA tos says they can!!!

Seriously this is a problem thank you all for speaking up! And I don't buy many of these so have not seen it before so great warning

This is a straw man. There's nothing in the TOS that says they can just not give you what you're buying. Complain about the Barriss nerf somewhere else.
    it's a scam in disguise.

As opposed to...A scam that tells you its a scam? lol :p
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    +2

-1 ewok support

Net gain +1 for meetra
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Have I missed an acknowledgment by EA yet?
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Keaven wrote: »
    Have I missed an acknowledgment by EA yet?

On the thread under "bugs and issues" there was just a comment from someone from ea
  • Here's what I just posted in the other thread:

Ok. I think the explanation is what someone suggested above and we are not, in fact, getting hosed. The packs are "opened" before you click through them, and the first time it displays a character it shows you the total number of shards calculated from the last reveal. I just ran a test and will post the results below. But I actually think this may not be a display bug or an actual bug at all. I'd appreciate @EA_Jesse continuing to investigate, but for now, I'll apologize for kicking up a hornet's nest over something that might not be a flaw at all.

Here's my test results. Before buying an 8 pack I had 3/15 IG-86 shards. I actually got three IG-86 pulls in the 8pack (that kinda sucks, but I also got Old Ben, so yay!). The first one was for 12 shards and I saw the animation that now showed the total going to 29/15 shards. I subsequently pulled IG-86 as a character twice. Each time it was converted to 7 additional shards. Each time the animation showed the total going to 29/15 shards. When I checked IG-86 after opening the pack, lo and behold, he had 29/15 shards. And that's the correct amount. Here's the math:

3 (shards before opening) + 12 (shards for shard pull) + 7 (shards from character pull) + 7 (shards from character pull) = 29 total shards for IG-86.

I have screenshots of all of this, but I'm a complete **** when it comes to uploading that kind of stuff.

• So basically we are not getting screwed by the packs? I'm sitting on crystals waiting for this to be resolved haha, but it looks like you figured it out @brrrdt