Kit Reveal - Developer Insight

UNIT NAME: Resistance Hero Finn
ALIGNMENT: Light
CATEGORIES: Light Side, Attacker, Resistance
Supportive Attacker whose Inspiration empowers his allies on the battlefield

ABILITIES:

Basic: Mending Fire
3doen1rx1ajs.gif

Final Text: Deal Special damage to target enemy, and the weakest Resistance ally recovers 10% Health and Protection. If Resistance Hero Finn is not Inspired, reduce the cooldown of Strength of Will by 1.

Special 1: Strength of Will (Cooldown 4)
z1pmotpnyg4z.gif

FINAL TEXT: Resistance Hero Finn becomes Inspired, and then deals Special damage twice to target enemy, which can't be evaded. Swap Turn Meter with another Resistance ally. This attack has +10% Defense Penetration and +5% Critical Damage for each Inspired ally.

Inspired: Resistance characters gain bonuses when they are Inspired; this effect expires after receiving 3 critical hits

Special 2: Rallying Call (Cooldown 4)
hs41bk4m8cjy.gif

FINAL TEXT: Dispel debuffs from all allies, deal Special damage to all enemies, and Rally all Resistance allies.

Rally: Rallied characters act based on their role.
  • Tanks Taunt and gain Critical Hit Immunity for 2 turns
  • Attackers assist
  • Healers and Supports restore 15% Health and Protection to all allies

Unique 1: Spark of Resistance
FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) All Resistance allies have +100% counter chance, +50% Defense, and +50% Tenacity while Resistance Hero Finn is Inspired. Additionally, while Resistance Hero Finn is Inspired, when an ally is prevented from using an ability during their turn, they recover 40% Health and Protection and gain 40% Turn Meter.

Replies

• Its a little bit confusing, how do Inspire and Rally work ?
  • Can you define " when an ally is prevented from using an ability during their turn"? Does this only occur if the character has ability block? What about fear?
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    > Additionally, while Resistance Hero Finn is Inspired, when an ally is prevented from using an ability during their turn, they recover 40% Health and Protection and gain 40% Turn Meter.

You sure you don’t want to make it when a “Resistance ally is prevented...”
  • Strubz wrote: »
    Can you define " when an ally is prevented from using an ability during their turn"? Does this only occur if the character has ability block? What about fear?

They can still use their basic ability with ability block, so not that.

Stunned allies was the first thing that I thought of.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    Strubz wrote: »
    Can you define " when an ally is prevented from using an ability during their turn"? Does this only occur if the character has ability block? What about fear?

Also fear

Soft counter to Darth Revan’s insanity
  • It's even got his very awkward looking body movements... nice touch.
    Ally Code 285-115-111
  • TEST THIS KIT PLEASE. Smh
  • He got a purse, awesome. Says "best with Resistance" in the Insights, then shows synergy with Kenobi.....I'm confused.
  • GJO
    172 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    > Additionally, while Resistance Hero Finn is Inspired, when an ally is prevented from using an ability during their turn, they recover 40% Health and Protection and gain 40% Turn Meter.

If he goes fast enough, he can make it on sith empire teams with slow DR.... nerf incoming?
  • Ultra wrote: »

Incoming Resistance Hero Finn Changes
    started by CG_SBCrumb

Also fear

Maybe but doesn’t fear make you lose a turn? It doesn’t prevent you from using an ability does it?
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator

I just realized what big counter to First Order this is since they rely on stuns

Comparing his kit to the two new FO kits, I think we are going to get a repeat of The Last Jedi, where Resistance will be a far superior faction and FO will be meh / non-meta
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Varaben wrote: »

Also fear

Maybe but doesn’t fear make you lose a turn? It doesn’t prevent you from using an ability does it?
    When you cannot use an ability during your turn, you miss a turn

Skipping a turn due to stun or fear will give you 40% Health, Protection and Turn Meter

Not being able to use any abilities due to fracture will not since you never get a turn
  • Varaben wrote: »

Also fear

Copied from Fallen Bastila's kit

"Fear: Miss the next turn, can't use abilities, and can't evade."

It pretty explicitly states that you can't use abilities. I think only this and stun prevent all abilities from being used.
  • He got a purse, awesome. Says "best with Resistance" in the Insights, then shows synergy with Kenobi.....I'm confused.

It's a satchel.
  • Resistance allies get bonuses but we won't tell you what they are
  • Boba_The_Fetter
    3393 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    What's wrong with Finns face? It looks terrible

It's a satchel.

Indiana Jones wears one
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    edited December 2019
    slmcmr wrote: »
    Resistance allies get bonuses but we won't tell you what they are
    Its like prepared

Each resistance ally will get a different bonus when they have this status

EDIT: But that bonus will be written in those character's respective kits
  • Hey CG did you test this one? Or are you going to release and nerf right after because isn't WAI? 😂😂😂😂😂😂
    slmcmr wrote: »
    Resistance allies get bonuses but we won't tell you what they are
    Its like prepared

Each resistance ally will get a different bonus when they have this status

EDIT: But that bonus will be written in those character's respective kits

Finn’s bonus is applied to all characters, and since he’s the only one that can get inspired at the moment seems like this is the only ability that matters:
    Unique 1: Spark of Resistance
    FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) All Resistance allies have +100% counter chance, +50% Defense, and +50% Tenacity while Resistance Hero Finn is Inspired. Additionally, while Resistance Hero Finn is Inspired, when an ally is prevented from using an ability during their turn, they recover 40% Health and Protection and gain 40% Turn Meter.
  • Firebrigade
    852 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Chima wrote: »
    Hey CG did you test this one? Or are you going to release and nerf right after because isn't WAI? 😂😂😂😂😂😂

You can already see exactly where they’re going to nerf:

Additionally, while Resistance Hero Finn is Inspired, when an ally is prevented from using an ability during their turn, they recover 40% Health and Protection and gain 40% Turn Meter.
  • mmp13vq2wacs.jpg
    Yeah, this makes sense...
    Why is Finn allowed to have Synergy with Kenobi, while Hux can't have Synergy with Sith?
  • Wow, a second Finn, I guess you ran out of Han Solo or original ideas in general. Why not rework the existent character instead of creating a second one. CG, you're so cash oriented it's disgusting.

It's a satchel.

It's not a purse! It's European!
    -Jerry Seinfeld
  • How the hell does this synergize at all with General Kenobi? This has to be a typo
  • Gaius2107 wrote: »
    mmp13vq2wacs.jpg
    Yeah, this makes sense...
    Why is Finn allowed to have Synergy with Kenobi, while Hux can't have Synergy with Sith?

Because reasons. The reason being "oops!"
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • How the hell does this synergize at all with General Kenobi? This has to be a typo

Probably because GK is a tank, and taunting with crit immunity is nasty.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m