Kit Reveal: Resistance Hero Finn

2Next

Replies

• I can see this Finn actually doing well in a CLS squad (provided you keep C3PO or R2 in there for the Resistance bonuses)
  • How the hell does this synergize at all with General Kenobi? This has to be a typo

Because of Kenobis annoying unique taunt mechanic and Finns zeta. If Kenobi gets stunned Finns Zeta is going to recover 40% of his health and protection.

Finns Zeta
    "when an ALLY is prevented from using an ability during their turn, they recover 40% Health and Protection and gain 40% Turn Meter."

The Zeta effect isn't restricted to only Resistance characters.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Meech wrote: »
    How the hell does this synergize at all with General Kenobi? This has to be a typo

Because of Kenobis annoying unique taunt mechanic and Finns zeta. If Kenobi gets stunned Finns Zeta is going to recover 40% of his health and protection.

Finns Zeta
    "when an ALLY is prevented from using an ability during their turn, they recover 40% Health and Protection and gain 40% Turn Meter."

No. That synergises with any tank in the game. Kenobi specifically because of the inspire status buff. Since Kenobi gives critical hit immunity, resistance allies will not lose inspired as easily. It will make a lot more sense when we get more Resistance toons with inspired mechanics
  • I can see how to rally the team. How to inspire others is not clear. Unless, that skill comes from another- new Poe?
  • Will there be a Resistance Hero Poe?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    Strubz wrote: »
    Can you define " when an ally is prevented from using an ability during their turn"? Does this only occur if the character has ability block? What about fear?

They can still use their basic ability with ability block, so not that.

Stunned allies was the first thing that I thought of.
    I just realized what big counter to First Order this is since they rely on stuns

Comparing his kit to the two new FO kits, I think we are going to get a repeat of The Last Jedi, where Resistance will be a far superior faction and FO will be meh / non-meta

Hux still stops the tm gain and Kylo inflicts healing immunity. Looks like they are meant to counter each other, depending on tactics and mods.
  • Krjstoff
    633 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    WTH is Miles Morales from Into the Spider-Verse doing in this game with a blaster?

Is this some sort of weird cross over between SWGOH and MSF?!
  • Please oh god please enough. WE HAVE ENOUGH TOONS. No more Kinder Surprise please EA. Grow a conscious.
  • If only we couldimpeach u guys. Would bring peace and fatter wallets to the galaxy
  • Of course we needed a 2nd Finn, a 3rd Kylo, a 3rd Rey.....
  • I don't believe it's possible to think of a dumber name for a toon than this.....
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    I don't believe it's possible to think of a dumber name for a toon than this.....

URo'ru'R'R'h'r'hr'h'r'o'rrgh'r'rrr'rg'h''oorrhOr'rgh' grunts....and then flashes sign language....which maybe inappropriate for younger audiences.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I don't believe it's possible to think of a dumber name for a toon than this.....

URo'ru'R'R'h'r'hr'h'r'o'rrgh'r'rrr'rg'h''oorrhOr'rgh' grunts....and then flashes sign language....which maybe inappropriate for younger audiences.

But at least that's his name as opposed to a couple of lame adjectives at the start. "Tusken who Attacked Luke U*"
  • I can see how to rally the team. How to inspire others is not clear. Unless, that skill comes from another- new Poe?

Inspire’s bonus from Finn’s unique doesn’t depend on other characters being Inspired to work, it only requires Finn to be Inspired.

Finn gets inspired >> Finn gives the team some bonuses.

That happens regardless of whether they’re inspired or not.
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    I can see how to rally the team. How to inspire others is not clear. Unless, that skill comes from another- new Poe?

Inspire’s bonus from Finn’s unique doesn’t depend on other characters being Inspired to work, it only requires Finn to be Inspired.

Finn gets inspired >> Finn gives the team some bonuses.

That happens regardless of whether they’re inspired or not.

Inspiring.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

URo'ru'R'R'h'r'hr'h'r'o'rrgh'r'rrr'rg'h''oorrhOr'rgh' grunts....and then flashes gang signs....which maybe inappropriate for younger audiences.

fixt lol
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • next up from CG undead Phasma but even slower w/ FO buff ADHD featuring gibberish to counter 3po translate and disenheartened to counter inspired, tired, wired, minced and liared
  • I think if we're going to that naming convention, CG should rename him to "Malak All UR Abilities R Belong To Us"
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Wow, a second Finn, I guess you ran out of Han Solo or original ideas in general. Why not rework the existent character instead of creating a second one. CG, you're so cash oriented it's disgusting.

Ummm you know there are like a bunch of Han's and Luke's and Leia's right?? This is par for the course.
  • It's nice to get toons for the characters at different stages in the story, and it seems fitting most of the time. A lot of the FO / Resistance toons have been in the game from day 1, it's good to get some new blood!
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    That’s what Rose calls him in The Last Jedi, and tells Finn that he’s known as Resistance Hero Finn among the resistance when they first encounter each other
  • Should have named him “BIg Deal” Finn
  • The old Finn has leader skill while in the movie he only teamed with Rey, Veterans and lead nothing.
    And now he is co-general with Poe and doesn't have a leader skill.
    Totally makes sens...
  • The old Finn has leader skill while in the movie he only teamed with Rey, Veterans and lead nothing.
    Totally makes sens...

Great point.
    Like Hux having leader ability (now!), new Sith trooper having sinergy with First Order.... and don’t forget Qi’ra having a lead ability and Enfys Nest not having it....
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    The old Finn has leader skill while in the movie he only teamed with Rey, Veterans and lead nothing.
    Totally makes sens...
    None of the TFA characters are leaders when TFA was released but they needed some leaders to support the faction. Four years ago, I think the only resistance toons we had were Resistance Trooper, Resistance Pilot, stick Rey, Finn, Poe

Given this list, Finn and Poe are the safest choice to give leader ability to back then using only TFA as a basis
  • PukeCrywalker
    77 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Meech wrote: »
    How the hell does this synergize at all with General Kenobi? This has to be a typo

Finns Zeta

Wrong, he's simply a place holder as we've seen them use Kenobi before cuz he's the most versatile tank in the game atm.. Who you think they were going to include in the suggested toons list? Holdo? Royal Guard?
  • He got a purse, awesome. Says "best with Resistance" in the Insights, then shows synergy with Kenobi.....I'm confused.

Kenobi=placeholder

I mean come one guys, Kenobi and R2 have both been used for placeholders before..