Legendary Events Like GAS and Malak

I read some of the complaints about the legendary events elsewhere on the forum.

My suggestion/improvement/feedback is: let those that get the character in the first round earn them at 7*. This honors those that spent a great deal of time and money for the character. Then, the next time the event comes back, players unlock them at 6*, again honoring their commitment to get him the second time. The third time onward only awards 5* unlock. This would promote not only sales, but the general feeling that a player has made a wise investment if they go through the effort of unlocking the first time.

Just a thought.

Replies

• ScummerAntilles
    77 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    I think it's more important to just let them be 7* first go. It can be 7* every subsequent time.

But right now, second round FTP and lower level spenders can just wait, spend and gear more wisely, hoard, and end up maxing these toons at the same time.

That is exactly what this timing of GAS second round is. People who spent to get an advantage ended up being foolish. First and second round completions are on a completely even playing field as long as their GET management is similar.

Most people who got it first round don't have him at 7*, and second rounders got the same information to start hoarding their GET as first rounders.

And that is completely absurd. Makes the smart thing to either not spend, or just not spend on events.
  • The biggest problem with events is EA and their need to require RIDICULOUS requirements, that they fail to mention when you are spending money to be competitive. Let me give you an example.

The GAS event currently has seen me change mods an have over 2000 attempts in P2. All have failed. After spending all of that money on gearing and zetaing my squad, I don’t even have a chance at this event. 2000 attempts in 3 days. Where is the “fun” in that? Isn’t that why we play? To have fun? And maybe at least have a chance to advance?

No, there are major problems with the game. EA needs to hold itself accountable for their “No Win Scenario”. I assume they want me to spend even MORE money so maybe I’ll get by P2, 3 months from now when the event returns. Seems to be corporate greed. Quite frankly, since they have no published corporate phone number and their CS is the biggest joke in the industry, do any of you have any ideas about how to get a refund? The refund is based on not receiving what I paid for.

No one ever comments on my posts like this, but someone should. I feel screwed over and want EA, in the United States to recognize my grievance and respond.
  • The GAS event currently has seen me change mods an have over 2000 attempts in P2.
    2000 attempts in 2 days would mean an average of 43.2 seconds per attempt, assuming you played non-stop - no eating, sleeping or bio breaks.
  • The biggest problem with events is EA and their need to require RIDICULOUS requirements, that they fail to mention when you are spending money to be competitive. Let me give you an example.

The GAS event currently has seen me change mods an have over 2000 attempts in P2. All have failed. After spending all of that money on gearing and zetaing my squad, I don’t even have a chance at this event. 2000 attempts in 3 days. Where is the “fun” in that? Isn’t that why we play? To have fun? And maybe at least have a chance to advance?

No, there are major problems with the game. EA needs to hold itself accountable for their “No Win Scenario”. I assume they want me to spend even MORE money so maybe I’ll get by P2, 3 months from now when the event returns. Seems to be corporate greed. Quite frankly, since they have no published corporate phone number and their CS is the biggest joke in the industry, do any of you have any ideas about how to get a refund? The refund is based on not receiving what I paid for.

No one ever comments on my posts like this, but someone should. I feel screwed over and want EA, in the United States to recognize my grievance and respond.

Maybe share your team, preferably via a .gg link, and ask for advice?
  • Nevermind. Found you. You're woefully undergeared for this event. It looks like you got exactly what you paid for: a chance to try the event and pray for good RNG.

The requirements and recommended gear/GP/mod/zeta levels are clearly stated in the game.

Also, I see you've pulled this stunt (claiming you didn't get what you paid for and demand a refund) before, during the Chewbacca event). So I'm going to wish you luck in finding happiness and see myself out.
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    I read some of the complaints about the legendary events elsewhere on the forum.

My suggestion/improvement/feedback is: let those that get the character in the first round earn them at 7*. This honors those that spent a great deal of time and money for the character. Then, the next time the event comes back, players unlock them at 6*, again honoring their commitment to get him the second time. The third time onward only awards 5* unlock. This would promote not only sales, but the general feeling that a player has made a wise investment if they go through the effort of unlocking the first time.

Just a thought.

Not bad.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Jh If so undergeared, then why have many others accomplished this feat with less than me? This whole thing appears to be just a money grab from EA. If you don’t see that, then money isn’t a problem for you. I value my money and this investment did not pay off. And at the same time in no way was enjoyable. I play games for fun.

Thank you for your opinion.
  • Peas, I just was expecting a chance. You know? 2nd time around and getting past this was my focus. Everyone in my guild got past this but me. I’m stronger than most. I wasted 24 out of 72 hours playing, trying to get past P2. It just ended. I’m still on P2.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Peas, I just was expecting a chance. You know? 2nd time around and getting past this was my focus. Everyone in my guild got past this but me. I’m stronger than most. I wasted 24 out of 72 hours playing, trying to get past P2. It just ended. I’m still on P2.

You're having almost no G13 characters while they are recommended for the event, and almost none of your toons is having full golden 5 dot mods let alone 6 E dot. I'm way below your GP and have way more than double the amount of your 6 dot mods and i'm not even thinking about to have a chance in the event. If that is what you call preparation you're not taking it very serious, regardless of fun.

People offered to help you out and giving you advice if you just put your .gg in here. You decided to complain even more, right now you're just makeing it sound that you're missing the "h" in your name. And you got exactly what you paid for: an undergeared, not good modded team that isn't able to complete the event without extreme luck. And your exaggeration with over 2.000 attempts doesn't help either. Next time you better should listen to those who're willing to help you out, it's no shame to accept it.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Jh If so undergeared, then why have many others accomplished this feat with less than me? This whole thing appears to be just a money grab from EA. If you don’t see that, then money isn’t a problem for you. I value my money and this investment did not pay off. And at the same time in no way was enjoyable. I play games for fun.

Thank you for your opinion.

Being undergeared does not make the event impossible. It makes it exactly what you described: RNG dependant. If you had asked on the forums whether your team would be able to complete the event you would have been told that you'd need to be lucky. And probably would have saved some money. Maybe next time instead of going in blind and then blaming everyone except yourself for your failure you'll actually do some prep work so you know what to expect.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member

Just a thought.

Intriguing, altho this would be a pretty big exclusivity increase, and more importantly imo, a massive increase (bc saved) in GET for the early unlockers. Not saying it’s unworkable, and it’s one of the better ideas I’ve seen here
    Maybe End Game isn't for you