Should I 7* RG?

J7000
2059 posts Member
So I just 6*ed RG and not sure I wanna farm that seventh star as there are other toons and gear to farm for the level cap and I'm retired from my dolphin status so not wanting to keep pumping crystal refreshes or spending crystals on shipments.

Anyone think this is a mistake?

Replies

• I just keep hitting his two nodes a day, his second node has farmable gear anyway
  • Quicksilver
    1175 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    just farm him slowly, hes worth getting to 7* for sure, dont use any crystal refreshes or buy from shipments if you dont need to, just do the hard node, get a shard here and there, enjoy him at 6* and use him at 6* but keep grinding him in the background to get to 7*, eventually you'll get there. I know long farms can be intimidating but the best thing to do is just dive in and work at it, it'll take a lot longer if you put it off, trust me im farming grievous and anakin and ima gun di, I know how this goes lol
  • Its just 2 nodes. Do it daily. 6 attempts. Finish him off. He will be good in the new meta.
  • RG is by far the best tank in the game with Poe at a distant second. Poe is good for slower high damage teams like droids and AoE groups, RG for everything else pretty much. If you plan on running a tank, RG is the way to go. As for stars, there is only about 300 power difference between 6 and 7* as his gear does not go that high.
  • bbmiLo
    378 posts Member
    Just spend 84 energy to average 2 shards a day. a 7* RG is always better than 6*. He is on all the top teams on my server, with the usual QGJ, Rey, GS. IMO the best defense in the game, instant taunt that doesn't need a turn and no cool down, high health. The only team that one needs RNG to beat.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Yeah, I guess I'll do his nodes but no more refreshes. :/
  • I got him to 5* and stopped doing node refreshes. He's already a beast at 5* but I want to cache my resources before the update, especially crystals. I do buy him the the shard shop as well.
    Sinister Alliance (Leader) - accepting waitlist members - PM for information
  • Psychor
    35 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    He's amazing. Worked him into my arena team with some other changes. Finished #1 yesterday and I'm not on a new server/shard.
  • When I put my 7* RG on my arena defense team I drop many more slots compared to having my Poe in there. Just my personal experience is all. I'd prob 7* him anyways.
  • J7000 wrote: »
    Yeah, I guess I'll do his nodes but no more refreshes. :/

+1
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • I use him at 5* and he really changed the whole structure of my team.

Definately go for 7*. You know you want to.
  • JoJoMo_007 wrote: »
    When I put my 7* RG on my arena defense team I drop many more slots compared to having my Poe in there. Just my personal experience is all. I'd prob 7* him anyways.

Your comment is a bit confusing. When you put your 7* RG you drop slots but you'll probably 7* him? I thought you already have him at 7*?
    829-416-931
  • Ciel_6
    178 posts Member
    JoJoMo_007 wrote: »
    When I put my 7* RG on my arena defense team I drop many more slots compared to having my Poe in there. Just my personal experience is all. I'd prob 7* him anyways.

Your comment is a bit confusing. When you put your 7* RG you drop slots but you'll probably 7* him? I thought you already have him at 7*?

Did you beat Hero of Canton today?