New Characters We Need!!

Hi,
I was just thinking about characters that should be in this game and I am sure that we need Sabé, Captain Panaka, Captain Typho, and Jar-Jar Binks. This would open up many new possibilities for the game. There could be a galactic republic team centered around Padmé with these new characters. Plus, I have seen many people on reddit and in the suggestion forum asking for a gungan group of people and I think that is a great idea. Also, I think that Admiral Holdo should be a fleet commander after more resistance ships are added. She commanded the Capital Ship in The Last Jedi, and they even talked about her evasive maneuvers in The Rise of Skywalker. I want to know what you guys think about this and I want to grow this discussion so our voices will be heard and seen by the developers. Thank you! Please respond with feedback and which of these characters you would like to see!

Replies

• Jar jar is the only one I know out of those.

They said no tho.

But Mandalorian and Baby Yoda content has hope!
  • 6r6hds4nbcwe.jpg

4 posts on the topic today, plus several others over the past few days, ought to ensure your ideas are implemented.
  • MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    First, any Naboo squad had to include Cordé. In addition to whatever else they do, they can give her a sacrifice-save ability similar to Fives, but only protecting Padme.

Next?

A'Sharad Hett, Sharad Hett, and K'Sheek.

Use them to make the Tuskens a viable faction. Make them like Resistance under JTR - a squad that builds slow to become almost unstoppable after a while. Since PvP doesn't allow you that much time, they'll be far from meta, but done right they can give us a reliable 4/4 in Dark Side Geo TB (since the Tuskens aren't in demand in the platoons) and maybe do some good damage in raids.

We need more clones for LS GeoTB. We've got to have some toons that will get 4/4 when everyone is Relic 5+ (at least on day 1 & 2).

And, yes, we need more Cap ships, and I hope Holdo becomes a fleet commander, but we need TONS more ships, so I hope they're already working on this and I'd be interested in non-obvious suggestions for fleet.

In particular, there's the Ginnivex Fan Blade. That ship oozes cool.

• That’s a really good idea with the Cordé thing and I agree with the whole needing more tuskens thing.
  • OP you should stop posting the exact same thing multiple times daily.
  • Hondo or bust!
  • Oh, hey folks. I didn't see that comment because I was already typing up my response. Didn't mean to feed a repetitive thread.
  • Oh, hey folks. I didn't see that comment because I was already typing up my response. Didn't mean to feed a repetitive thread.

Your profile pic makes you look very civilized.

And u fit that profile pic well. Lol.
  • we need another Han.
  • Panaka is the only one out of those that would make any sense, but they already blew the chance at a Naboo faction it feels like.
  • Hando from clone wars and rebels would be a good addition as well.
  • I think that Holdo would be great as a fleet commander and she definitely deserves it. Plus Jar Jar and the Naboo team would be really good. And a whole gungan faction would be really cool.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Cant wait to get Hando and his Falcon 😂
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • I agree we need new characters like this, but can they first add Jedi Luke Skywalker, they literally have every other important Jedi
  • We need more characters that no one has ever heard of, with way more power than any of the characters from the GOOD movies.
  • HankShank wrote: »
    We need more characters that no one has ever heard of, with way more power than any of the characters from the GOOD movies.
    I wish you wouldn’t go around **** on everyone to make yourself feel better. You are what people call a troll and and ****.

• Wimma
    152 posts Member
    We need a break from new characters we have no hope of gearing any time soon, just for them to sit in our roster and be completely useless as they're not G12.
    How about some content to use the 50+ toons that aren't geared high and serve no other purpose in the game than platoon fodder?
  • How about some content to use the 50+ toons that aren't geared high and serve no other purpose in the game than platoon fodder?

That's why I proposed a game mode similar to GW, but playable only 1x/week. They choose a faction with a ton of toons (rebels, GalRep) or a couple related factions that together have a bunch of toons (Empire + Sith; Droids + Jawas).

Then they design a battle sequence where it goes from easy to hard, you can only use toons from the chosen faction, and you can only use each toon once.

They set it up so that if and only if you have every single toon in the roster, you can complete the entire event. They also tailor the last couple battles to have particular weaknesses so that if you use the "correct" squad, you can do them at g11.5 to g12.3, somewhere in there. However if you use the "wrong" squad you need multiple relic toons b/c you can't exploit the weakness.

Then you let people play. Obviously if you have a bunch of low-gear toons, you can try to use them to get through the easy battles at the beginning. So long as all the right toons to exploit weaknesses are high gear and you don't use them early, you can get all the way through the last battle.

If you do this, then ALL your toons are useful, and gearing a toon up to g8 makes them viable in the early nodes as long as 1 or 2 toons are g9/10 or as long as a bunch of g8 toons have the right synergy.

There's some strategy to it. There's some encouragement to slap some gear on your little-used toons. It also addresses the problem that the game tends to have a lot to do that has to be done TODAY or little to do on off days. There's not much content that you can just schedule for whenever you have leisure time.

So, more content when you want it. No press to make busy days busier. You get to use ALL your toons. If you're an older player, then the mid-rounds are a good place to experiment with unusual toon combinations. Maybe you do just a little bit of early theory-crafting (though obviously much TC is specific to a certain enemy and this can't reproduce that). There are puzzle elements in figuring out the weaknesses of your opponents near the end (or if you're not into puzzles you can just watch youtube videos for spoilers).

This seems like the kind of thing that would be Freuding LOVED by gamers. and it can be "future proofed" by having some of the early rounds require 3-toon only squads, and as the faction gets new toons, they can simply open up a single slot in a single node per new toon released. Meanwhile, they add a single enemy toon on that node at the same time. The challenge stays quite similar, but you're shuffling toons around to find ways to promote an older toon to a higher gear tier so you can use them on the next node up... that way the new toon that you don't have geared yet can be sacrificed in the easiest node until you have a chance to give them gear.

The whole system is also an obvious win for CG because it encourages people to literally collect all the toons from a large faction or all of a large group of toons spread over a couple medium or smaller factions. It constantly encourages you to drop some gear on an older toon when a new toon gets released so you don't lose ground and fail to qualify/win that last battle.

Really, I don't see why they haven't done something like this already.
  • Wimma
    152 posts Member
    Yep, faction specific content would be great (please don't say omega battles are!).
    Actual content you can play, rotate it each week with some decent rewards (tuned to faction needs). I'm sure new end game content that only 10% can actually play (LS Geo anyone?) is fun for those, but why not something that doesn't just make more and more characters obsolete? So many characters in the game, sadly most aren't worth levelling and/or gearing.