PSA: Free Lando for iOS

Replies

• Jedirusmos
    33 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    So, here is the point > @EA_Jesse >
    Let's assume a user has 2 or more Apple IDs allowing him to obtain several redeem codes from you.
    These IDs might be used with the same Game Center account meaning possibility to get 15 Lando shards several times for the same game account.
    As you understand such feature allows to get 7* Lando within 1-2 hours.
    Is it bug, exploit? Will such activities be treated as violation? Might it lead to further ban or other sanctions by CG/EA??
  • Thank you EA, CG!! much appreciated guys :)
  • Another way is to open your Twitter App and do a search for 'eastarwars Lando Calrissian". This will find the tweet from @EAStarWars that allows you to redeem Lando.
  • Jedirusmos wrote: »
    Let's assume a user has 2 or more Apple IDs allowing him to obtain several redeem codes from you.
    These IDs might be used with the same Game Center account meaning possibility to get 15 Lando shards several times for the same game account.
    Is it bug, exploit? Will such activities be treated as violation? Might it lead to further ban or other sanctions by CG/EA??

I tried. It didn't work. I got a different code, but when I tried to redeem it, it said that the maximum number of redemptions for this account has been reached. Or something along those lines.
  • VIII
    495 posts Member
    VIII wrote: »
    Follow me on Twitter it will be easier
    35kq4c6.png
    Here's the link , go to my Twitter page and click on the link

[SöD]
  • Thanks CG/EA. Good promo.

Lando might be interesting if the upcoming changes extend games. He's one of the few toons that needs 3-4 rounds before he really starts to shine. And even if he isn't able to catch on in the new meta a combo of Boba/Lando/IG-88/Sid/Vader/Maul AoE team can be pretty hilarious to use as GW fodder.
  • Mittens wrote: »
    Jedirusmos wrote: »

I tried. It didn't work. I got a different code, but when I tried to redeem it, it said that the maximum number of redemptions for this account has been reached. Or something along those lines.

I know players which got 15 shards several times already.
    That's why I'm asking CG/EA representative to make this clear.
    While we consider it as a loop hole, Devs might consider it as exploit. More or less situation was with Vader earlier.
  • Jedirusmos wrote: »
    Mittens wrote: »

While we consider it as a loop hole, Devs might consider it as exploit. More or less situation was with Vader earlier.

Tried it too, it didn't work. Wife and I have different Apple ID's, Game Center as you described, no go.

The players you know must be employing magic.

• Nice promo! I was thinking about farming for him soon anyway, so this makes it easier to try him out first. I wonder if us iOS owners will be getting an exclusive scoundrel event soon?
  • CatoNines wrote: »
    Mittens wrote: »

Tried it too, it didn't work. Wife and I have different Apple ID's, Game Center as you described, no go.

The players you know must be employing magic.

Hokey religions or magic weapons are no match for a good blaster!
    ps. Got my Lando shards! Now he is 82/65 and waiting to see how the update changes things.
  • StarSon
    7409 posts Member
    Thanks for the heads up :smile: Guess I need to start following that account on Twitter?
  • Cool. Didn't have him on that account. Now I do. :)
  • morcsea
    164 posts Member
    I waited an hour or so.

Not sure if it was a coincidence or not but I upgraded some gear and Yoda and then the splash page popped up on screen and the inbox had the message too.

I had to do this because I waited a few minutes and nothing showed up. After upgrading one gear with one of my chars it popped 2* Lando :-)
  • Predian
    615 posts Member
    15 shards. Thank you
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Hmm. It said my code was redeemed but nothing showed up in game.
  • Looks like the Scoundrel event will work like the Droid event for Android users and you'll get Lando so in the end, it'll work out....
  • Argh what a frustrating process! I put the Twitter app on both my phone and iPad, but clicking on the pic of the tweet in this thread would only open the tweet in a new page of the browser. There was a "open in app" button for the Twitter app, but it wouldn't work! Not in safari or chrome!

The solution for me was going to the Twitter app and searching "@eastarwars lando" then scrolling till I found the tweet.

The links in this thread absolutely did not work for me.
    Barris irl imo idk
  • StarSon
    7409 posts Member
    pabrimmer wrote: »
    The solution for me was going to the Twitter app and searching "@eastarwars lando" then scrolling till I found the tweet.

The links in this thread absolutely did not work for me.

Right, you have to find the tweet within the Twitter app on your iDevice, because it will eventually take you to the App Store to redeem a code.
  • StarSon wrote: »
    Right, you have to find the tweet within the Twitter app on your iDevice, because it will eventually take you to the App Store to redeem a code.

Yep, the frustration was that people make it sound like tapping the pic of the tweet in this thread would take you to the tweet in the app, but it won't. At least not for me!

Barris irl imo idk
  • reizse wrote: »
    1. use your iphone/ipad. this won't work any other way.
    2. install the twitter app
    3. open this forum thread on your iphone/ipad
    4. click on the twitter PICTURE in the first post of this thread (not the link)
    5. click redeem on the next screen that shows up in twitter itunes
    6. open swgoh
    7. bingo
    8. delete twitter app (unless you want to keep it)
    [/quote]

Quoting so people can see this.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Maybe @mooimachicken could edit his initial post to add the steps above. Granted it would require people to read the post but at least it would be at the top.
  • scuba wrote: »
    Maybe @mooimachicken could edit his initial post to add the steps above. Granted it would require people to read the post but at least it would be at the top.

I like this idea especially if he gave credit to the guy who made it.
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Just got my 15 shards. Thanks EA!
  • I just redeemed him... Thanks for the guy that help and his patience. Still no Lando in game... I tried to re redeem and it says no more codes...

Will he just appear at one point ? I tried a phone restart... But nothing
  • Op trolling and sending hack links via Twitter
  • Mateosius wrote: »
    I just redeemed him... Thanks for the guy that help and his patience. Still no Lando in game... I tried to re redeem and it says no more codes...

It takes about 5 minutes for him to show up in the mail.
  • chainsaw wrote: »
    While I'm not complaining about a free 2 star Lando, couldn't they have made this a bit easier to find and redeem.

It was so easy on Google play

I thought it was iOS only? Where's it on google?
  • morcsea
    164 posts Member
    Mateosius wrote: »
    I just redeemed him... Thanks for the guy that help and his patience. Still no Lando in game... I tried to re redeem and it says no more codes...

I may take a little while. As other suggested I upgraded one of my chars gears and I got Lando. In any case if you don't want to do the gear upgrade just wait. Some said it can take an hour or so.
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Mateosius wrote: »

It took around 90 minutes for mine to show up in game.