PSA: Free Lando for iOS

Replies

• EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Was this sponsored by Apple like the Google Droid event or did EA just decide to give something to iOS users and not Android users?
  • Khayman
    850 posts Member
    Free character always works for me
  • VIII
    495 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Follow me on Twitter it will be easier
    35kq4c6.png
    Here's the link , go to my Twitter page and click on the link

[SöD]

For anyone who still can't get him
  • Annastrasza
    1766 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    reizse wrote: »
    1. use your iphone/ipad. this won't work any other way.
    2. install the twitter app
    3. open this forum thread on your iphone/ipad
    4. click on the twitter PICTURE in the first post of this thread (not the link)
    5. click redeem on the next screen that shows up in twitter itunes
    6. open swgoh
    7. bingo
    8. delete twitter app (unless you want to keep it)

When I click the link in Twitter, I launches iTunes but there is no redeem button but button to open SWGoH.

What am I missing?

• VIII
    495 posts Member
    @Annastrasza
    Follow me on Twitter it will be easier
    35kq4c6.png
    Here's the link , go to my Twitter page and click on the link

[SöD]

For anyone who still can't get him

• reizse wrote: »
    6. open swgoh
    7. bingo

When I click the link in Twitter, I launches iTunes but there is no redeem button but button to open SWGoH.

What am I missing?
    Ok I am a dumazz.
    I had to click the Twitter app and not open Twitter via safari.
    Redeemed code...now the wait.

• chainsaw wrote: »
    While I'm not complaining about a free 2 star Lando, couldn't they have made this a bit easier to find and redeem.

It was so easy on Google play

I thought it was iOS only? Where's it on google?

It's not on Google. He was referring to how easy it was for the Google Play event and difficulty of this for Apple users.

BTW congrats to all you ios players I'm glad Apple/EA stepped up and gave you something.
  • For those having problems accessing twitter's post from Safari instead of the App, You can RT on safari and then open it on your Twitter account from the app to redeem Lando

Hope it helps
  • Thanks for the heads up! Would never have known! 2 star sucks but it's better than 0 stars aka no free char!
  • Mith
    15 posts Member
    reizse wrote: »
    6. open swgoh
    7. bingo

What am I missing?
    Ok I am a dumazz.
    I had to click the Twitter app and not open Twitter via safari.
    Redeemed code...now the wait.

Heh, you are not alone, had the same issue this morning. Congrats everyone!
  • I got my Lando about an hour ago. But he will probably sit there at level 1 because I don't have the resources to level/gear/star him...
  • If you make lots of Apple ID accounts and redeem the code on each 1 you can get unlimited shards, lmao
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    If you make lots of Apple ID accounts and redeem the code on each 1 you can get unlimited shards, lmao

Can and Should are too completely different things. Ask people who exploited to get vader shards if it was "worth it".
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Thanks guys! it worked!
    Whoo-hooo! Free Lando for some instant GW Fodder until he farms up a bit!
    [LWI] | 298-352-583
  • I clicked on the link, and the EA website gives me a four oh four this is not the page you're looking for message.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • CaptainRex wrote: »
    I clicked on the link, and the EA website gives me a four oh four this is not the page you're looking for message.

Try this link

• Anubis
    200 posts Member
    EM650 wrote: »
    Was this sponsored by Apple like the Google Droid event or did EA just decide to give something to iOS users and not Android users?

It can't have been sponsored by Apple because it went through EA promotion channels. Jesse probably told them that the forums didn't appreciate platform-specific events and they gave iOS a consolation prize. Still, I'm not complaining because I like Lando and I hadn't unlocked him yet. I hope that they have learned their lesson about OS parity, though!
  • Success! Thanks for the tips. I'm a long-time Twitter user for work, but never thought about following @EAStarWars. Fixed that.
  • Op needs special hugs for making this happen.

OP I love u...if I was single I would have taken u out for ice cream and candy date.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Op needs special hugs.

:o

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Odd, the link I posted disappeared.
  • I can't find the link anywhere. I found one on Reddit and it says the tweet has been deleted
  • Hopefully it helped a few before it went dark.
  • Anubis
    200 posts Member
    I was just able to open the tweet on the twitter iPhone app by clicking on twitter.com/eastarwars/status/712056966068080640 (gives a 404 on desktop). Is everyone sure that it doesn't work anymore?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    I can't find the link anywhere. I found one on Reddit and it says the tweet has been deleted

"Everybody get inside. There's a **** coming - and this one could get ugly."

"I hate ****, it's warm, it stinks and sticks to everything."
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Fantazy
    553 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I just saw this thread and cannot get anythng to load frmo the 6 instrucitions I followed. too many search results on twitter... the link doesnt open up the twitter app on my phone...

such fail. why didnt they offer it within the game????

as far as I know this tweet no longer exists. double u t f "This tweet has been deleted".
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

"Everybody get inside. There's a **** coming - and this one could get ugly."

"I hate ****, it's warm, it stinks and sticks to everything."

Lol! So true
  • So much for the last until June 1st. Looks like it's over now. God ****, couldn't get it.
  • Sucks, I saw this morning and didn't have time come back and it's gone. Why do a few have to ruin it for everyone...