Ravens1113 wrote: »
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    DuneFlint wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Not QoL

What would you call it?

QOL are things that make it easier to play without changing the balance/mechanics of the game. Things like mod loadouts that make it easier to save/move mods but don't affect the cost. Or the buff compression ui changes. What you're asking for is a cost reduction of arena.

Asking for a # attempts left display while you're on CD is a QOL request.

I see QoL as a means to improve the game and make life better lol

You define QoL differently than CG then.

This is what they did in the last QoL update in March:
    • Combat Buff UI Overhaul
    • Revamped Description Pop-Up
    • Unique Only Toggle for Saved Squads / Mod Loadouts
    • Saved Squad Shortcut
    • Cantina Home Raid Icon
    • Expanded Ability Description
    • Pre-Battle Screen Info
    • Better Gear Find Flow
    • Territory War/Grand Arena Capacity Indicators
    • Node Simming Slider
    • Leader Slot Default
    • Performance Optimization

The QoL update from February 2018 is very similar with the notable addition of GW simming.

Notice that none of it has to do with number of refreshes, costs to refresh, shard locations, etc. All of that is part of the game play and economy balance. QoL should make life better, but not through changes to the economy of the game. There are other avenues for those changes.

But how exactly is it changing the economy though? I get that you get refreshed for the day at the end of all attempts. The other is with remaining refreshes you get the timer reset, not attempts. I don’t see how it would kill the balance of the game or economy.

I don't have the data to argue on if it would kill the economy, but it would have an effect of some sort. If I'm at 1/5 and need 2 more fights to reach my payout rank, then spent 50 Crystal's to reset the attack cd and also end up at 5/5 attempts cg would go from getting 100 Crystal's out of me to only getting 50. So it would effect the economy by leaving me with 50 more Crystal's then I would ha e had without your proposed change.

The only situation that would happen in would be 15 minutes before payout. Otherwise you wouldn’t spend the crystals anyway and would just wait for the cool down and save yourself 50 crystals anyway.

I just think the change on economy is negligible and wouldn’t be a massive swing other than to give you more value for your crystals. Same number of resets allowed per day. Same cool down, etc.

How would that work 15min for pay-out though?
    I'm not trying to be a ... here, i just don't see in which situation this QoL would actually benefit me.

The 15 minute thing was dunes example. About not spending an extra 50 crystals.

The whole idea with this is that you get more value for your crystals. Rather than waiting an hour (between battle time and cool down time) to reset your attempts.

Right now it’s spend 50 crystals after your first fight, now you get to fight immediately and you’re at 4/5. With that change you are now at 5/5 again. Just gives you extra value for your crystals. Nothing major, no back breaking economy swing. Just a simple tweak to give more value for crystals

this is why it wouldn't happen and would mess with arena economy (to reference earlier replies)
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    Not QoL

What would you call it?

QOL are things that make it easier to play without changing the balance/mechanics of the game. Things like mod loadouts that make it easier to save/move mods but don't affect the cost. Or the buff compression ui changes. What you're asking for is a cost reduction of arena.

• Saved Squad Shortcut
    • Cantina Home Raid Icon
    • Pre-Battle Screen Info
    • Better Gear Find Flow
    • Node Simming Slider
    • Leader Slot Default

The QoL update from February 2018 is very similar with the notable addition of GW simming.

Notice that none of it has to do with number of refreshes, costs to refresh, shard locations, etc. All of that is part of the game play and economy balance. QoL should make life better, but not through changes to the economy of the game. There are other avenues for those changes.

But how exactly is it changing the economy though? I get that you get refreshed for the day at the end of all attempts. The other is with remaining refreshes you get the timer reset, not attempts. I don’t see how it would kill the balance of the game or economy.

I don't have the data to argue on if it would kill the economy, but it would have an effect of some sort. If I'm at 1/5 and need 2 more fights to reach my payout rank, then spent 50 Crystal's to reset the attack cd and also end up at 5/5 attempts cg would go from getting 100 Crystal's out of me to only getting 50. So it would effect the economy by leaving me with 50 more Crystal's then I would ha e had without your proposed change.

The only situation that would happen in would be 15 minutes before payout. Otherwise you wouldn’t spend the crystals anyway and would just wait for the cool down and save yourself 50 crystals anyway.

I just think the change on economy is negligible and wouldn’t be a massive swing other than to give you more value for your crystals. Same number of resets allowed per day. Same cool down, etc.

I'm not trying to be a ... here, i just don't see in which situation this QoL would actually benefit me.

The whole idea with this is that you get more value for your crystals. Rather than waiting an hour (between battle time and cool down time) to reset your attempts.

Right now it’s spend 50 crystals after your first fight, now you get to fight immediately and you’re at 4/5. With that change you are now at 5/5 again. Just gives you extra value for your crystals. Nothing major, no back breaking economy swing. Just a simple tweak to give more value for crystals

this is why it wouldn't happen and would mess with arena economy (to reference earlier replies)

It’s not that big a difference though. It’s like buying a candy bar on sale for 97 cents that used to be 99 cents
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Not QoL

What would you call it?

• Saved Squad Shortcut
    • Cantina Home Raid Icon
    • Pre-Battle Screen Info
    • Better Gear Find Flow
    • Node Simming Slider
    • Leader Slot Default

It’s not that big a difference though. It’s like buying a candy bar on sale for 97 cents that used to be 99 cents

Much bigger than just that. Today, the first 5 refresh is 50. Second is 100. And it keeps going up. So to keep that going, they would have to increase the cost of the timer refresh. The first would be 50, but then probably 75, then 100, 150, etc etc. It would end up costing much more when all you want is a quick power jump.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Not QoL

What would you call it?

• Saved Squad Shortcut
    • Cantina Home Raid Icon
    • Pre-Battle Screen Info
    • Better Gear Find Flow
    • Node Simming Slider
    • Leader Slot Default

How would that benefit me though, in what scenario would that be usefull?
    I get that being at 5/5 again after i refreshed the cool down timer nets you up to 4 extra attemps for the same price resetting the cool down timer is now, but in what scenario would that be usefull/beneficial?
    If you need more than 5 attemps you'll need to refresh for 50 crystals anyway and if you refresh right after your last attempt the total cool down time is exactly the same as if you refreshed after you 1st/2nd/3rd/4th attempt with your proposed suggestion with only difference being i would have 4, 3, 2, 1 less attempts left respectively after my 6th attempt.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Not QoL

What would you call it?

• Saved Squad Shortcut
    • Cantina Home Raid Icon
    • Pre-Battle Screen Info
    • Better Gear Find Flow
    • Node Simming Slider
    • Leader Slot Default

No, I gave you an example of how they would change their income from me. You decided to say it would only apply in the last 15minutes. My point was you would affect the economy. We don't have the data to know by how much. They deal in much larger numbers. If they have 300k players, what percentage of those players does it affect? 10%? 1%? If it's even just 1%, that means 150k fewer Crystal's removed from the economy. Is that a daily affect? If so my math has it as a value of $38,000 a year based off the price of a vault. Sure for a company making millions that might be chump change. But it is an economic impact. So it's not a QoL change. That's really all I was trying to say.