My guide to the AGI Gear Challenge (requires healers and support)

Durathvaul
7 posts Member
edited March 2016
If you are having any trouble beating this challenge lvl 2 and lvl 3, here are some tips and recommended characters to use.

Your Opponent, Savage Opress has somewhere around 180k HP and 2 drones. My team consists of:

1. Phasma (L) for extra hits and armor penetration buff
2. Cad Bane for dps and stun
3. Old Daka for stun and heals
4. Rex for dps (Subdue w/ extra 15% based on enemy health)
5. Talia for heals and armor debuff (Harrowing Assault applies this debuff only in this challenge as far as I've seen).

Challenge lvl 2 and 3 adds shots from the drones directly after Savage uses his Overpower ability which is supercharged to take 100% of your HP while using some of his too. Depending on how round 1 and 2 went, there is no telling who goes first in round 3. If its Cad Bane or Talia, skip his stun and skip her Harrowing Assault until Old Daka comes around. If he is stunned by Old Daka, the armor debuff applies from that. Apply Phasma's Advantage and go to town on Savage until the debuff drops. The beauty of Old Daka is that her basic attack will keep trying to apply a stun. If Old Daka's stun misses the first time she comes up, use Cad Bane's and repeat above. If Cad Bane's stun misses, Use Talia's Harrowing Assault to apply the armor debuff. If Savage resists all of these attempts (which he has done on occasion), the true goal has already been accomplished which is to take him out of rhythm with the drones. Your stuns will drain his turn meter so that the drones will fire BEFORE him giving you a chance to heal or deliver the killing shot. This can be done without ever destroying the drones. Hope this helps.

Link to a video https://youtu.be/m26L15KL5-U
Post edited by Durathvaul on

Replies

• Chosen_One
    96 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Not everyone has REx and Cad bane, my suggestion to the F2Ps are, Phasma(L), Asajj, Dooku, Eeth Koth, and Daka. I've been using this team since I got to lvl 3 and is VERY effective. All players except Phasma can stun, so the chances are greater. Phasma is there for the extra assist and her skill Fusillade can sometimes put debuff on Savage as well.
  • Rex is only there for his extra dps. Anyone that can pound on him will suffice. Dooku is also hard to get without buying packs or grinding the lvl 1 hards on light and dark plus the lvl 6 cantina battle. The main point is getting Savage and the drones out of synch so they don't pick off 2 characters directly after he saps your HP. The stuns may prevent him from attacking even once. Hopefully this will allow others to see who they need and work towards it.
  • Chosen_One wrote: »
    Not everyone has REx and Cad bane, my suggestion to the F2Ps are, Phasma(L), Asajj, Dooku, Eeth Koth, and Daka. I've been using this team since I got to lvl 3 and is VERY effective. All players except Phasma can stun, so the chances are greater. Phasma is there for the extra assist and her skill Fusillade can sometimes put debuff on Savage as well.

Poggle is good too for the challenge, better than eeth koth imo. His basic has a chance to ability block preventing SO to use that crazy overpower skill.
  • Kron
    2 posts Member
    I just kill the droids then kill Savage. heal after he uses overpower. Never lost.
  • Drekulviin
    379 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I use Phasma + Daka + police + ventress + Dooku
    And 95% of the time Savage die before he can throw a hit
    It has become one of the easiest challenge to me , it's not even a challenge anymore !
    I don't even bother about the droids
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    Just as an FYI a FTP version that wins with autoplay:

QGJ (L)
    Eeth Koth
    Assaj
    JC
    Daka

Between Daka/Koth/Assaj they keep Savage stunned. On the rare occasions when he is not JC can heal after his 1hp left AoE. I think Dooku is fine as a replacement for Koth but the latter has a more reliable stun while Dooku has the nice counter on the final Savage AoE.

• Darling_Ventress
    376 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    This thread makes heavy assumptions that the player is well equipped with a strong FULL team of Healers and Support. From my experience, a full team would be a cakewalk. I started out with just 2 mid-level toons - Talia and JC - and barely made it past the 1st tier. It became a delicate balance of spreading my attacks between Savage and the drones at the right time.

For tier 2 I added a strong Ventress to make a 3 member team, and still never got through without properly timing my attacks. I discovered that it was fatal to attack Savage first. He always led with the OP bash and drained everyone. Then the drones picked them off immediately after.

Hitting one drone first seems to divert Savage from doing the bash so that my team has a chance to take out one drone. Then they do some damage to Savage before he bashes them. Since one drone is down, they have an opportunity to heal before getting hit. While the team has some health back they pick away at Savage and knock out the other drone until the next bash. Or it may be that you need to kill both drones first, I can't remember exactly the order in which I did it. This repeats until Savage is defeated.

Beginners do not have the advantage of a full team, so a precise tactical formula for winning is necessary, not just brute force attacks on Savage.
  • wrilley
    390 posts Member
    Stun for Savage and Mace challenges make them incredibly easy.

Kill off the droids so they don't get a chance to fire right after a Savage pound and you should be able to get a heal off before he does a regular attack without worrying about getting picked off at 1hp by the droids. He doesn't hit very hard so even 1 JC heal is usually enough before you go back to pounding away at him.
  • I would like to add something relatively important for the challenge. The armor debuff doesn't come from the harrowing assault. Every time Savage gets any debuff (stun, dot, speed...) he will get the armor debuff that also makes him take 10k damage (Tier 3) after each time he gets damaged (including dot from harrowing). Also, if you kill a droid, you get healed a nice chunk (25%-ish? Haven't measured)

For this, I think that dooku is superior to eeth koth and other stunners in here. Not only can he stun, but his multi-attack will deal 20k (due to the debuff, plus counters if applies). Because this damage seems to be kind of hardcoded, and not based on the attacker, it's probable that it's better to bring under-starred fast debuffers than high dps characters.

My current team (and my suggestion as F2P, again, basic unlocked would be enough, i usually don't even get attacked) would be:
    Phasma (L) (multiattack + debuff)
    Daka (stuns + heal)
    Talia
    Dooku (can probably be replaced by JC for heals instead of higher stun/dps chance)
    Asajj (can be replaced by JC, eeth or any other char that can debuff/heal)

My strategy against Savage: focus on stunning the droids. If you stun one (or both), leave the stunned alone, change to the other and focus on stunning/debuffing savage. If the droids dont get stunned simply kill them. If he doesn't get stunned and uses his aoe, kill then the droids or heal with daka/talia, and continue from then.
  • TSWPandaman
    81 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Well i have another team i'd like to propose, which is completely f2p. You can auto it, but you're not 100% sure to win if you do so.
    That is : QGJ (lead) 5 stars, g8
    Talia (great debuff applier) 4stars, g7
    JC 7* g8
    Chief Chirpa 5*, g8
    Elder ewok 2*, g8.

QGJ will kill one of the droids (dunno why but he keeps targeting them), and JC will nearly kill the other one. You need any other charac to hit the remaining droid. + with QGJ lead +23 speed, Even if you don't kill both droid, JC will heal right after Savage's attack, depending on the number of turns you've fought before (how long have the round 1/2 last).
    If both go down, you have won, because JC's heal is greater than Savage's damage.
    Chief chirpa and elder because having 3 people to hit the debuffed savage makes it faster.
    And again, sorry for my english ^_^
  • I think the one tactic that is greatly under utilized is Teabo.

Once stealthed them his basic attack subtracts turn-meter. It doesn't matter what your team is as long as you do not let him get killed from the droids. Cakewalk all the challenges like this.

Went from hard to joke utilizing this.
  • Maybe because Teebo is a tank and cannot be used in the AGI challenge. You're speaking of the tank challenge with windu i think
  • Stalker203X
    1 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    My team was build on the way
    Dooku(L) - leader just because someone have to be leader, Ability block and Stun basic, Stun (sometimes on 2)
    - 3*, Lvl 52, G4

GM Tarkin - TM reset, damage can rival to many attackers
    - 4*, Lvl 57, G6

Hera - important, Buff w revive, Assist, Expose on basic! = ridiculous dmg - 17k on T2,37-38k on T3
    - 3*, Lvl 45, G6

Bastila Shan - Ability block basic!, Assist with buffs,
    - 2*, Lvl 42, G4

Talia - can be replaced by JC (then use Bastila as leader), TM reset, heal
    - 3*, Lvl 46, G4

That Expose makes it really easy because Savage will be healthiest one for 98% of round.
    Ability blocks make sure he will not use Overpower.
    You can ignore Droids, by themselves they aren´t threat.

Tarkin can be replaced by any other dmg dealer.
    Before i had Dooku i was running double heal Talia+JC, but then RNG sometimes f** me up and he resisted ability block, which was like 50% chance to insta lost.

I rarely lost this event since i use Hera+Bastila.