3v3 isn't the same with relics

2Next

Replies

• VeNeNo wrote: »
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    Agree. Previously it was fun. Not anymore :/ especially again with broken characters like GAS.
    lol, GAS event has been around a second time , so if you dont have him it means you do not want to have him.

Wanted him. Hard farm. 2nd run too early. Maybe at the 3rd time.
  • Starl0rd wrote: »
    Starl0rd wrote: »
    Tier1, 4.8mil gp...... I have 13 g13 toons, not the most and not the least. My strategy has been to basically save 12 strong teams for offense..... this is overkill but the name of the game is counters. Use the squad load outs, build yourself some goto offense squads, and fill your defense with what you have left. Assume your going to need to go offense heavy to win and your chance of winning will go up considerably. 3v3 requires much more thinking and strategy than 5v5 simply because the synergy is a lot different for 3 toons than 5..... more counters come into play.

Morale of the story is, play offense and win by out scoring your opponent... assume your gonna get full cleared and make smart attack choices, use undersized squads where you can, etc. hope this helps but I’m over the whole broken matchmaking thing, strategy wins

Appreciate the time to respond...I do go offense heavy with my teams. I currently have 34 g13 toons, my opponents typically have around the same. My typical defense uses 15 g13, to put it in perspective. My opponents tend to get hung up on one of mine as much as I get hung up on one of theirs. Prior to relics, you could take down g12's with g11's.... i'm finding that relic 5+ are not the same.

I mean, whatever, I enjoy 3v3 GA, probably was my favorite part of the game prior to relics. It's just a different type of 3v3 now. If your counter loses to bad RNG (which happens to anyone), you can really be screwed.

True counters dont need rng. If you bring traya sion DN to fight geos you actually cant lose even if you are purposefully trying to lose. Same with wampa vs phx, nest vs ewoks... etc etc

3v3 or 5v5? Agreed on the former. Have proof of the latter not being true :smiley: Granted, GBA needs to be relic'd against G12 Traya (and they need to take out DN before they hit anyone else, and they had really great mods). Also, Phoenix running Sabine and Ezra can beat Wampa if she gets in enough armor shreds and zEzra is modded with high offense / CC / CD.

Hard to discuss with those that really think this game is all skill / no rng...
    Hard to discuss with those that think everything that goes wrong is "bad RNG" and never them screwing up.
    Everyone is aware, especially at higher GP's, that there are true counters and there are those match-ups that involve RNG. Not worth wasting your time engaging.
    RNG is always present in every singe battle. The question is to what extent you can maximize the potential for beneficial outcomes and mitigate the potential for detrimental outcomes through roster management, squad selection, modding and choices in battle.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Tier1, 4.8mil gp...... I have 13 g13 toons, not the most and not the least. My strategy has been to basically save 12 strong teams for offense..... this is overkill but the name of the game is counters. Use the squad load outs, build yourself some goto offense squads, and fill your defense with what you have left. Assume your going to need to go offense heavy to win and your chance of winning will go up considerably. 3v3 requires much more thinking and strategy than 5v5 simply because the synergy is a lot different for 3 toons than 5..... more counters come into play.

Morale of the story is, play offense and win by out scoring your opponent... assume your gonna get full cleared and make smart attack choices, use undersized squads where you can, etc. hope this helps but I’m over the whole broken matchmaking thing, strategy wins

Appreciate the time to respond...I do go offense heavy with my teams. I currently have 34 g13 toons, my opponents typically have around the same. My typical defense uses 15 g13, to put it in perspective. My opponents tend to get hung up on one of mine as much as I get hung up on one of theirs. Prior to relics, you could take down g12's with g11's.... i'm finding that relic 5+ are not the same.

I mean, whatever, I enjoy 3v3 GA, probably was my favorite part of the game prior to relics. It's just a different type of 3v3 now. If your counter loses to bad RNG (which happens to anyone), you can really be screwed.

True counters dont need rng. If you bring traya sion DN to fight geos you actually cant lose even if you are purposefully trying to lose. Same with wampa vs phx, nest vs ewoks... etc etc

3v3 or 5v5? Agreed on the former. Have proof of the latter not being true :smiley: Granted, GBA needs to be relic'd against G12 Traya (and they need to take out DN before they hit anyone else, and they had really great mods). Also, Phoenix running Sabine and Ezra can beat Wampa if she gets in enough armor shreds and zEzra is modded with high offense / CC / CD.

Hard to discuss with those that really think this game is all skill / no rng...
    Hard to discuss with those that think everything that goes wrong is "bad RNG" and never them screwing up.
    Everyone is aware, especially at higher GP's, that there are true counters and there are those match-ups that involve RNG. Not worth wasting your time engaging.
    RNG is always present in every singe battle. The question is to what extent you can maximize the potential for beneficial outcomes and mitigate the potential for detrimental outcomes through roster management, squad selection, modding and choices in battle.

Thanks professor...however you're welcome to quote me stating or implying everything that goes wrong I've blamed on "bad RNG"...

Now let's assume I know what I'm speaking of and while I don't claim to be perfect, I know counters, kill order, etc. My roster is larger than most, and I've played this game for 3+ years. The topic flew right over your big head. You're welcome to bring something fresh to the conversation if you have anything, otherwise no need to waste your time.