Post-Hyperdrive Bundle Purchase Arena Focus Guidance

After deciding to purchase the hyper drive bundle to accelerate my progress and to catch up on "8-12 months" of grinding, I'm at a bit of a loss on where to go in terms of a solid squad arena focus. Currently, like everyone in the top 150 of my December 2019 shard, I run a bastilla main supported by what strong Jedi I own from the bundle purchase and I'm close to 6*ing each of my 5 jedi + adding a zeta to bast.
I plan to take my Phoenix squad to 7* (4/5 are 6 currently) then finish the GMY event to 7* as he is in my squad currently and finally B-line it to JKR as, from researching the game and current meta, he seems to be very powerful and honestly just because IMO his picture looks amazing with the blue surrounding his profile picture indicating he is at G13 and with a relic. I would love to then work on DR and also Malak to create a sith empire squad as that is what I believe I want the most in end game but I know this will all take some time.
For the most part, I feel as I'm following guides too much while also trying to sprinkle in what I enjoy unlocking and gearing which I feel like is spreading me thin and not allowing me to be efficient enough to keep up with other hyperdrive purchasers which seem to be my whole shard. I'm wondering if, given the shard being absolute dominated by jedi teams, that I should work on a counter arena team (night sisters it seems? plus they're already 5* given the bundle) which will help me rise in arena rankings giving crystals to helps farm towards the DR/malak/sith empire team I currently believe I want to to my goal by the end of 2020.
All while focusing on characters, I have to, of course, figure out ships since I'm starting to run into a brick wall around rank 20+ with all them running hyperdrive-allotted 5* ships

TL;DR - Go after what my entire shard runs (bast lead until JKR unlocked for jedi team) which TBH I kind of want after using them for a little bit now, go after a counter to that team (Night sisters (?) first as they're 5* minus zombie), or b-line after a relatively end-game meta team such as DR/Malak or Shaak Ti/clones (already 5* again given the hyperdrive purchase)

Replies

• Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    I get the feeling of not wanting to follow the same cookie cutter plan as everyone else, but Phoenix and JKR are both important squads you'll want to get done right away. Especially Phoenix - they aren't very useful in the late game, so it's best to get them strong enough for Thrawn/EP now while you can still get some use out of them. Fortunately you don't need to get them super geared - g9 should be enough.

Shooting straight for Darth Revan after JKR might be a bit over-ambitious. DR teams need two things to shine: Darth Malak and LOT of speed, which you likely don't have the mods for yet. The light side half of Malak's event will also be brutally difficult with early-game mods, unless you've had absolutely insane luck farming them.

Honestly I'd probably just focus on getting those done and then see what's what. By then at least one of the new Galactic Legends will probably be available, so that might end up being the fastest way to the top of the arena.

u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jack1210
    771 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Your overall plan is good, but like Jarvind says, maybe Sith Empire is somewhat ambitious. That said you definitely could go for them and not regret it. Since you're at 85 I strongly recommend going for Geo's One of the best ftp teams out there and they have good fleet synergy. AND they'll get you padme.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    You could also use Jedi revan as the fifth Jedi to unlock GMY. Bastila, Jolee, Kanaan, ezra, Revan would easily finish that event
  • Options
    jkray622 wrote: »
    You could also use Jedi revan as the fifth Jedi to unlock GMY. Bastila, Jolee, Kanaan, ezra, Revan would easily finish that event

I mean.. JKR would easily solo the event at g8-10 I bet. Not saying to ignore him, but you can easily sub a different Jedi in that is quicker to acquire. Best option would be JKA with a cantina and normal node, but any of the in-store jedi (yes they suck, but so does the bulk of GW shipments) would be a nice quick farm
  • Options
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    Your overall plan is good, but like Jarvind says, maybe Sith Empire is somewhat ambitious. That said you definitely could go for them and not regret it. Since you're at 85 I strongly recommend going for Geo's One of the best ftp teams out there and they have good fleet synergy. AND they'll get you padme.

Thanks for the suggestions. That alongside the Nightsisters and a clone army with Rex/Shaak lead is one of the more out there squads I considered since they seem to be relatively viable and occasionally quite difficult to handle if not properly prepared. The bugs are all remaining to be unlocked still so that would be a totally fresh grind which will either come a while down the road after GMY and JKR farming or delay it significantly, but it is def something I'm considering as I seem to be having a world of trouble also in the fleet arena still against players with the same ships and levels as me via the hyperdrive purchase.
  • Options
    I’d recommend against going ns to counter Jedi as, in my experience, they don’t. The zeta on bastila’s leadership gives a huge tenacity boost, which will make plague nearly useless since it will almost never apply until you’ve worn through the bonus protection from Bastila.
  • CEG9876
    355 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Put minimal gear on Phoenix, get them G8/G9 max and use some omegas on them. Might take longer but they suck overall. I would focus every thing on farming Empire to G9-10 then getting R2, farm Old Ben, Leia. Farm Boy Luke and I can’t remember the fifth but you need those to get CLS, he will be the first meta to add. Then go for the other metas. This will get you R2 and CLS which is still used heavily.