Imperial Trooper Squad help

I currently have 7* Starck, Stormtrooper, Magmatrooper, a 6* Veers, a 4* Snowtrooper, and a 3* Shoretrooper. I currently use all of the above except snowtrooper. I was wondering what the best possible squad to use is, and what troops I should pursue. I see lots of people using the range trooper and the death trooper. Would either of those be worth farming for? I’m currently using a lot of energy for snowtrooper and veers farming.

Replies

• My Troopers are zVeers lead, Shore, Death, Starck, and Snow. When nodded correctly, Snow’s AoE can be murderous. If I had Range, I’d replace Death with Range.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Range is not critical, but very very good. Death is also great, although I tend to use him more on a thrawn team.

It kinda depends on what you're using them for, but the core is always veers lead and a fast starck. Snow is usually the main damage dealer if you can get his aoe going off over and over.

Magma is probably the most underrated. Also, with Thrawn he can be used as a guaranteed win over Traya/Sion.

Strictly speaking an IT squad, the best is probably Veers Starck Range Snow and Shore. But again, magma and death can be solid subs.
  • I run zVeers, zStarck, Range, Shore, Snow and love it. They can solidly punch above their own GP by a significant margin when modded well.

Veers and Starck modded for pure speed. Snow for offense and crit chance. Range for offense and tenacity. Shore straight up health and protection. Outside of Veers and Starck you don't need *much* speed, because you'll usually have your first kill from their first two moves. Once that happens is usually game over in less than 30 seconds.

Granted, "much speed" doesn't mean no speed. I have Starck at around +115, Veers at +100 and the other three between +60-80.
  • Sanderzas
    581 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    I run veers stark snow, range and death

I mod stark for pure speed, I make sure that deathtrooper will come right after him (speed deathtrooper = (speed stark + 20)/0.9 - 20) the 20 comes from the leadership
    Then range should take a turn so he has to be 1 speed less then deathtrooper.

After that veers and snow will take a turn and you will get your first kill

veers and snow need to have as much damage as possible (death and range also, but their speed is more important) Try to give everyone a crit damage triangle and as much crit damage sets as possible
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    There is no 1 best IT squad, different enemy teams require different set-ups.
    In my opinion Veers and Starck are mandatory. I personally always use Range as well, the other 2 slots are dependent on which team i'm fighting and which toons i need on other teams.
    So ideally you want them all, but veers, starck, range, shore and snow is probably the most versatile set up.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    Range is not critical, but very very good. Death is also great, although I tend to use him more on a thrawn team.

It kinda depends on what you're using them for, but the core is always veers lead and a fast starck. Snow is usually the main damage dealer if you can get his aoe going off over and over.

Magma is probably the most underrated. Also, with Thrawn he can be used as a guaranteed win over Traya/Sion.

Strictly speaking an IT squad, the best is probably Veers Starck Range Snow and Shore. But again, magma and death can be solid subs.

Wait magma helps counter Traya?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Thrawn + Magma. Absolutely.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Thrawn + Magma. Absolutely.

Caveat though that Sion needs his zeta or it doesn't work. Don't use it against a Sion without his zeta.
  • MomoTheNinja
    102 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    For my troopers I go zVeers lead, zStark, Range, Snow, Death. Turn order is Stark (give buffs), Death (dispel/cool down increase), Veers (mass attack), range (give buffs), snow. Turn meter can get messed up if Veers attack kills the enemy, but if that happens it doesn't matter anyway cause the TM train is rolling. Before I had Range I used Shore in his place, but I find with the retribution and protection of Range gives, I don't need a tank.

Edit: Shore is still useful, I find especially in 3v3 I'm often hurting for a tank to spare on offense or defence and shore is great because of the pre-taunt, healing and crit immunity.