Bossk in 3v3 GAC working as intended?

Hey all,

Just took a team of Geos (12+ ZZGBA with G11 Spy and G11 Sun Fac) against a team of BH: G11 (no Zeta) Jengo lead, with G12 Boba and G13, R4 ZZBoskk. Of course Bossk threw up his taunt early, which I expected, so I started the process of whittling down his protection with the multiple geo assists. All good so far, but when I started hitting his health bar, all of a sudden, I noticed it kept refilling during my turn. I know he's got a good amount of health steal, but he wasn't counter-attacking and it was filling as the bugs assisted each other. This was happening before the BH payout. I read through his kit as well as Jango's but I can't figure out what was causing it. Any thoughts? Mainly just curious! I threw this round of GAC to make sure I got my shiny BB-8 portrait in game, so it's all academic at this point. Thanks!

Replies

• Look at Bossk’s level 8 On the Hunt leader ability.
  • Thanks for the reply! That's what I initially thought, too, but in this case Bossk is NOT the leader. Jango is. Leader abilities only count when that character is in the leader slot, right?
  • Yes, if Bossk was leader this would make sense. @GunnerFCm You're positive Jango was lead? On Bossk's allies turn post-contract (I know you said it was pre-contract, just figuring out what even happened.) he'll regen.
  • Yup. Double and triple checked to make sure. Jango lead!
  • If Bossk wasn’t lead (I missed that part in your original post), his payout had to have been activated so he regens on his turn and other BH turns.
  • GunnerFCm wrote: »
    Yup. Double and triple checked to make sure. Jango lead!

I'm stumped, I know bossk's kit a bit better but I don't think either Fett has any team healing tactics. Some bug related to Bossk's leader and/or contract.
  • If Bossk wasn’t lead (I missed that part in your original post), his payout had to have been activated so he regens on his turn and other BH turns.

Apparently it was pre-payout.
  • Yup. Pre-payout and Jango lead! I gave up once the payout activated because I knew it was futile at that point. Again, super not concerned about it, but i might submit a bug report if it turns out this isn't WAI. Thanks for all your input so far and keep it coming!
  • Only thing I can think of is that every time you saw him do this he was using his second special to gain taunt/frenzy as well as 50% (I think) health.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • GunnerFCm
    154 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Oh, that's interesting. So Sun Fac dispels on basic, yeah? And Bossk passively regains taunt through Trandoshan Rage if the weakest enemy has protection (which my Geos did.) But that doesn't mean that he should regain health from predator instincts as well, right? Because the order of events is definitely a Geo hits, calls in everyone to assist, which causes Sun Fac to dispel Bossk's taunt, which then gets reapplied by Trandoshan Rage. I don't see anywhere in the text that this should also proc his health regen, but maybe I'm misreading it... Or maybe it IS a bug?

For clarity, his health regen in this instance was happening in the middle of the geo assists, so definitely NOT on his or either Fetts' turn.
  • Maybe if you link your swgoh.GG we can see the match?
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    Maybe if you link your swgoh.GG we can see the match?

gg does not carry video of matches.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Also, in the GAC that is currently going on. The round just ended 90 minutes ago and (I think) all 3 rounds have to happen before it uploads to swgoh.gg.
  • Surprise mechanics
  • GunnerFCm wrote: »
    Oh, that's interesting. So Sun Fac dispels on basic, yeah? And Bossk passively regains taunt through Trandoshan Rage if the weakest enemy has protection (which my Geos did.) But that doesn't mean that he should regain health from predator instincts as well, right? Because the order of events is definitely a Geo hits, calls in everyone to assist, which causes Sun Fac to dispel Bossk's taunt, which then gets reapplied by Trandoshan Rage. I don't see anywhere in the text that this should also proc his health regen, but maybe I'm misreading it... Or maybe it IS a bug?

For clarity, his health regen in this instance was happening in the middle of the geo assists, so definitely NOT on his or either Fetts' turn.

I’m thinking there might be a visual thing there, whether it is a bug or not, I don’t know, depends on the order of operations, and I am not claiming to be an expert. When he loses and regains the taunt from Trandoshan rage, he is also losing and regaining the +50% Defense and Max Health.

So while taunting It may be playing out that he is at 90% of (let’s call it 100k base health for easy math) his 150k Health for 135k health.

Sun Fac hits and dispels taunt, which also pulls the added defense and Max health. So he might be dropping to 100k base max health (essentially also losing that additional 35k he had in the process) instead of dropping to 90% of that 100k.

Then reapplying Taunt and +50% defense and max health again to go back to 150k max health. That would explain the visual appearance of healing, at least (and in truth, if it is removing max health without simultaneously reducing current health to the equivalent percentage before reapplying the bonuses...)

Seems possible?
  • @TheJEFFtm hmm... I like it as an explanation!

I'm going to go ahead and submit a bug report and link this thread. Thanks for all of your thoughts on the matter, everyone! Much appreciated.