Pay to Win

Prev1
Who else feels this pay to win practice needs to end? With this game it seems you need to be a Whale to really play and enjoy this game. Looking at the reviews from Apple AppStore on this game a lot of people few the same way. Will EA do something about this it seem not. EA seems to only care about money. Why have an app review if the Dev/Studio Team won’t do anything about these concerns. uwfc597izegw.png
i5ne88dt1855.png
dvlin3938y5y.png
ir5qoz9pnzgp.png
bfvunh4q52u4.png

Replies

• Options
    So a 4.7 out of 5 rating and 2 pay to win reviews is your evidence of this terrible p2w game?

I will agree that CG produces a game designed to make a profit first and foremost. Its their job, its what they get paid to do. However, paying buys you a time advantage in this game, but you can get everything available for free with time and patience. Personally, some of the other copycat games are far worse p2w games, but hide it with some free gifts and constant "massive discounts".
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options
    I brought up the same complaint at my local gas station. Even showed them the bad reviews people posted on Yelp saying their gas was too expensive...

They said they run a business and need to charge me for gas.

Most likely CG is trying to make money too.

Although, I agree with u... It would be better if Disney was so cool that they said yo, we are rich enough, let's make a game and make it free and just have a cool game to keep our fans happy but that didnt happen. So it is what it is.
  • Options
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    I brought up the same complaint at my local gas station. Even showed them the bad reviews people posted on Yelp saying their gas was too expensive...

Although, I agree with u... It would be better if Disney was so cool that they said yo, we are rich enough, let's make a game and make it free and just have a cool game to keep our fans happy but that didnt happen. So it is what it is.

Gotta leave your house for gasoline.

CG should be held accountable for using AI induced mind tricks on addictive personalities who have the ability to drop a mortgage payment on the new flavor from their pocket.

I see this argument against mobile games often, but tell me, does the government limit how many lottery tickets you can buy? Do retailers limit how much merchandise you can buy online? Is (insert retailer here) bad for allowing someone to just buy millions of dollars worth of goods on their website?
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options
    Well what did you expect?

To get all the characters G13 R7 in 2 days?

Smh
  • Options
    @Bishop2480

EA doesn’t run this game on a daily basis.
    They have reviews because that is part of the AppStore. Not them directly
    Most of the review you posted have nothing to do with paying to win
  • Options
    A lot of those reviews are easy to disagree with..:
    Trouble downloading the game? Millions of us didn’t have that problem.
    One reviewer is railing against a turn based system?!
    Get outta here...
  • Options
    I'm curious about this "win" condition. If I reach it what do I get?
    Asking for a friend
  • Baby_Yoda
    1435 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Chmilk2 wrote: »
    I'm curious about this "win" condition. If I reach it what do I get?
    Asking for a friend

500 Crystal's a day

And really that's literally it man.

$5000 investment for like $2 crystals a day
  • Options
    I assure you that I would be at the top of my shard had I never quit. I spent $60 the 1st few months. I'd have the super fast maxed out DR team and rock in negotiator already.

If I can make back to closing out tonight's rank on an early server at 60-75 with CLS after a year and a half off as F2P, I seriously doubt P2P makes up 74 points of rank as compared to the 1.5 years off I took.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options

CG should be held accountable for using AI induced mind tricks on addictive personalities who have the ability to drop a mortgage payment on the new flavor from their pocket.

America doesn’t like to limit corporations. They’re too money hungry.

If you can change the American mindset and then court system, then maybe you could hold them accountable.

Also I’m sure if you look in the TOS there’s probably something about it.
  • Options
    On the right side of the main screen there are now 4 circles button. 2 of them are packs. Awesome
  • Options
    On the right side of the main screen there are now 4 circles button. 2 of them are packs. Awesome
    Do you honestly find one or two small circles at the side of the screen that you have absolutely zero obligations to do anything with more annoying than a pop up ad every minute that you can skip after staring at it for at least 15 seconds while doing nothing?
  • Options
    Really all you had to do was have half a brain when arena was relatively f2p e.g. Wiggs or QGJ meta, and ride the metas on arena crystals. This game is very f2p with some foresight and hoarding.
  • Options
    @Bishop2480

The easiest way to experience what it would be like if the devs stopped caring about money is to delete the app.

Without paying customers, there is no game.
  • Options
    This is one of the best ftp games in my opinion. While technically p2w if you want to finish 1st in arena. You can easily place top 100 in arena, top 20 in fleet arena and consistently in the top tier of Grand arena by playing smart and not spending a dime. You can gear up your favourite toons to the highest level with a bit of patience. You can join strong guilds and reap the rewards. While you may not get the next OP toon immediately when if comes out, you can usually get it the second time it comes around.
  • Delvorin
    139 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Falco3 wrote: »
    This is one of the best ftp games in my opinion. While technically p2w if you want to finish 1st in arena. You can easily place top 100 in arena, top 20 in fleet arena and consistently in the top tier of Grand arena by playing smart and not spending a dime. You can gear up your favourite toons to the highest level with a bit of patience. You can join strong guilds and reap the rewards. While you may not get the next OP toon immediately when if comes out, you can usually get it the second time it comes around.

I agree but it's more than possible to get 1st in both arenas consistently as f2p. A lot of f2p finish first both arenas, myself included. There might be periods you don't get to be 1st or even top 5 when new metas first come out, but eventually, if you planned to get things 2nd time around, you can get back there easily enough. I will say, a lot of it also has to do with communication with shard mates. I think this is as important as what squads and fleets you use. Joining a discord server with shard mates helps you climb as you avoid each other when it's close to your payouts and, at least people in my arena shards are helpful sharing info and strategies. Plenty f2p even get stuff first time around, though I've never been able to do that myself.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options
    New year, same forums
  • Mosca
    14 posts Member
    Options
    Wait a minute, are you saying CG makes this game to earn money? Shame on them.
  • Options

I see this argument against mobile games often, but tell me, does the government limit how many lottery tickets you can buy? Do retailers limit how much merchandise you can buy online? Is (insert retailer here) bad for allowing someone to just buy millions of dollars worth of goods on their website?

Gotta leave your house for lotto.

So what? Is there some special reason you think getting off your backside and physically moving somewhere matters? Maybe you should actually get a discount for having to do that or alternatively CG/EA should charge more for allowing you to play from bed.

• Options
    Define "win" in a game that does not have a win condition.
    Still not a he.
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Define "win" in a game that does not have a win condition.

R7 86
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options

Gotta approve your purchases by entering your password

Both are conscious decisions. The merchant is not to be blamed for the buyer’s lack of self control
  • Options
    Oh no, this game functions like every other freemium game on the market! What ever will we do??? Let's all jump ship to another freemium game that does the exact same thing! Or maybe just pay money up front for a game!

If you're not having fun, stop playing. Buying things in this game won't make it more enjoyable, it just speeds up your progress. If you make poor decisions, that progress isn't going to make the game any more fun than it already is because of poor decisions.
  • Options

Ah, so its only bad if you can spend beyond your means from the comfort of your home. Are you also protesting all of the retail companies that sell online?
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    R7 86
    In that case, while paying can speed your progress, you can totally win F2P if you make that R7 86 your priority.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    giphy.gif