Underrated G13/Relic Characters?

124Next

Replies

• Options
    Jbnf wrote: »
    bb2ectuuu9ye.jpg
    You can check other toons who apply Ten Down without stating it in their kits but this should be sufficient proof that yes, Ten Down is irresistible. It's why in any video of a CLS team in PvP against JKR or Bastila-led Jedi, every time Chewie assists and his attack hits, he applies Ten Down, even if the target has Ten Up.

Oh cheers I didn't know that, tried finding that info, but well I didn't.

Anyway, I have soloed several CLS squads with Dooku, a couple of them full g12. Obviously Dooku couldn't solo an optimal CLS squad even at g12, but then I do believe I said Dooku could solo most g12 CLS squads, if that Implied that Dooku could solo any g12 CLS squads then that came off wrong and I'm sorry for that. But seriously, a r7 Dooku has no problems surviving that burst dps at the start. Dooku being stunned isn't a huge problem since he's so fast that the stuns pass rather quickly, and as soon as dooku gets to go just once, it's all downhill for CLS from that point. As for 3p0, he **** up that whole thing and I learned that the hard way. Often if I'm unsure if Dooku can solo a team on his own, I'll bring in another random toon for 2v5 and it almost always goes perfectly.

Soloing full g12 Bossk teams usually isn't a problem either, as long as you watch out for the thermal detonators. Again bringing in some other random Yahoo helps in the situations where I'm unsure.

Even with my r7 Maul I can get easy solo wins against full g12 squads, but have to pick the battles much more carefully, only works against select squads that plays to his leadership, he can't take on most t3-2 squads alone like Dooku can.

But now, I'll leave his thread(for real, until I get some video or at least screenshot proof. Maybe I'll make a thread on Dooku later. He is a seriously underestimated toon. His rework gave him the kit he needed, and g13 and relics did the rest. He's by far my most versatile and used toon. You all would be doing yourself a disservice by not gearing him to g13 at least. He really gets tanky, more so than almost any other attackers, he's no longer the squishy low dmg toon that made his awesome counters nearly useless. He's actually good now.

Actually **** yes I'm doing a Dooku thread in a couple of days. :)
  • Options
    Actually I'm seeing pretty much exactly the same with my r7 Dooku. He is a beast from hell. In GA I use him mainly to solo entire g12 teams. Seriously.

Edit: Dooku is in fact by far one of the best toons in the game at r7. I thought people were catching up on this by now.

I can't find any Dooku solo in your GAC history.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Treeburner
    773 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    120k (80k hp 40k protec) combined health and protection is the tankiest r7 dooku on swgoh.gg .

Han shoots first for 30k which isn't hard at g12 ,leaving dooku stunned.
    Now dooku is on 80k health 10k protection.

Han or CLS to go next judging by Ur dooku's speed, TMR and gains from CLS lead.
    If Han goes next it's two hits of 25-30k plus 0-2 exposes for 0-8k and one assist from chewie of 25k + 20maxhp DMG from unique ,which at 80k health is 16k damage for a combined total of 91-109k damage leaving dooku with nothing from the 80k health and 10k protection he had left.

If CLS goes after the Han shoots first it might be 30k less DMG ,either way the tankiest r7 dooku would either be dead or just about to die.
  • Options
    Dryff wrote: »
    In any case, if they have to use a CLS team to take down Dooku, I would consider that a win. The way to look at it would be...what complete teams can a G13 Dooku beat by himself? I would think he can solo a full OR team, Ewoks (Logray's daze is the only concern), Clones?, BH, Imperial Troopers, NS, Empire, Phoenix, Qi'ra/Smugglers...

How is he against Geos?

OR has the daze on Mission as well, and any counters while Dooku has his buff will get Zaalbar taunting? NS he might not have the health steal to counter plague, and with empire Thrawn will walk over him.
  • Options
    Sure Treeburner, me not having picked up that Tenacity down is irresistible surely means that I'm "really bad at this game". I mean even I can't know literally everything. But whatever, thanks for clearing it up anyway. Now I know, and I am a wee bit more powerful for it. For the record I consider myself "good" at this game, and I am in fact quite knowledgeable. Only played for a year though and, again, you can't learn everything at once. No matter. My point still stands, Dooku is great(thanks for chiming in Ephran) and I saved my Dooku for offense this TW. If all goes well, as it usually does, there will be time for play and potential failures. If I don't get too much wiggle room I might have to bring in a second for 2v5, or choose a squad that I KNOW I can beat solo. Territory War is sacred, and you just don't **** up in TW. That's how we keep our swagger. We have like over 95% win rate :) Had to mention that I'm a little proud of my guild.

Anyway, I'll see if I can record the battle, should be an easy task with this new phone I guess. Worst case scenario you get screens for now. Maybe I'll do one on Maul also, it's relevant to the thread. He's good for soloing most kitchen sink teams that play to his leadership and kit. Together with r5 Savage, I can 2v5 most Gei teams also, depending on gear and mods. Weaker Geo teams in the 50-70k range Maul can take care of by his lonesome.

Anyway vids/screens will come as the TW is underway.

But enough solo talk for now, this thread was about underrated g13 characters. And Dooku really is one of them. Of my 13 g13s, only Grievous, Traya, Dooku, and Maul are relic level 7. Now, I'm not stupid, and it's apparent that Dooku is up at Traya's level. He regularly outdoes GG for damage in raids, and Traya too, when I ran Trio + Dooku in HAAT. And these three are all monsters. Maul, as expected, did not become as awesome at r7 as many other toons. However, the thing with Maul is that he often seems useless, but then bam, everything lines up, and Maul has his golden kill-spree moment. He's also alot tankier.

Anyway my point here is that I have no problem telling the difference between great toons, good toons, mediocre toons, what have you. Dooku really does fall into the great category.

Oh and to stay true to the topic, I'd like to mention Sith Assassin again. Took her to r5 and she's a bit of a monster. Huge crits that ignore protection as long as she's stealthed. Had lots of fun with Traya led trio, with Dooku and Assassin. It's actually a pretty good team if you set it up right. Could use some more speed on Assassin though she's only 299 or thereabouts. When I get her to 315+ it's gonna be even more fun. She's also great with Maul lead. She doesn't have to be incredibly fast to go first because of Maul's lead, and her first move will be to grant even more TM to the team. The tm boost is larger than usual also, as she'll have advantage, another buff she turns into party-wide TM.

And before anyone says it, yes, Malak completely negates Maul's and Assassin's TM mechanics. But then again if someone has to use their DR/Malak squad to take out a Maul squad, then that's a win lol. She's still as good as ever for anything else.
  • Options
    Dryff wrote: »
    In any case, if they have to use a CLS team to take down Dooku, I would consider that a win. The way to look at it would be...what complete teams can a G13 Dooku beat by himself? I would think he can solo a full OR team, Ewoks (Logray's daze is the only concern), Clones?, BH, Imperial Troopers, NS, Empire, Phoenix, Qi'ra/Smugglers...

How is he against Geos?

OR has the daze on Mission as well, and any counters while Dooku has his buff will get Zaalbar taunting? NS he might not have the health steal to counter plague, and with empire Thrawn will walk over him.

Obviously he can't solo all teams, and daze is the devil to Dooku. I actually did try Dooku 1v5 against OR without really thinking it through, always had an easy time with OR teams, and didn't think.about the daze. Needless to say it went south pretty fast lol.

Plenty other g12 teams that just can't do **** against r7 Dooku. Between the counters, tankiness(almost tank-tankiness) and the neverending barrage of debuffs, Dooku really does become a one man army. Well a group of 5 is hardly an army. Task force? Platoon? Whatever he's a one man something and he's worth the investment.
  • Options
    So what are some underrated reliced characters? :/
  • Options
    Ok let’s get on with then op and drop this Dooku ****... I’d like to see a r7 rest trooper.
  • Options
    Dooku is great, Dooku sucks. Let's move past it and talk about others. I saw some one running scoundrels in an old shard at #53, R7 Nest and Vandor and R5 L3. Curious to hear from anyone who has relic'd those last twp, cuz they seem like they would be very tough to handle.
  • Options
    Underrated or Underestimated? Go in with G12 and FOX nukes one of them with his basic. Hits haaaaard.

cihgansqv0u1.png
  • Options
    Update - 18 defences and counting.
  • Options
    So I relic’d Holdo in preparation for resistance content and she is actually really good at that level. Not the best tank obviously but her aoe daze is nice and she’s relatively tanky. I use her with relic 3 Finn lead (no zeta) and they can clear a lot of mid level teams in 3v3. Finn damage ramps up and they can both heal each other. Throw in a Finn zeta and gear up Poe and you’ve got a solid start to a second resistance team. I’m not doing Poe yet but he’s got a ship so hopefully that comes in handy.
  • Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Update - 18 defences and counting.

That’s quite impressive, are you able to share your FOX stats and mod sets please?

• Options
    Sure, caveat though, these are at R4 which I took him to after joining TW.

CD x 4, Health x2
    CD triangle, Offense cross, Health circle
    +101 speed
    64k health
    6.2k physical damage
    Only the arrow, circle and square are sliced to 6E.
  • Options
    @Varaben Holdo has some of the highest defensive stats for a tank in the game so seems like a solid choice that people will underestimate.
  • Options
    @Varaben Holdo has some of the highest defensive stats for a tank in the game so seems like a solid choice that people will underestimate.

Curious as to who the others are, you find this info on swgoh.gg right?
  • Options
    Yup. She's 5th highest health and 9th highest protection, pre modding. Not too shabby.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Holdo has always been great, people just don't gear her because she's not explicitly required for anything and they don't like the character.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Yup. She's 5th highest health and 9th highest protection, pre modding. Not too shabby.

Ya not too bad. I'm thinking the toons with really high base defense would be sneaky good once relic'd. Once relics and 6e kick in some toons are looking at some very high defense
  • Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Holdo has always been great, people just don't gear her because she's not explicitly required for anything and they don't like the character.

Her armor is garbage until g13 though. Super duper squishy whether she’s got the protection/health. Armor is a big problem that only gets fixed with the relic.
  • Options
    I am making the bad assumption Holdo will get a Resistance ship.

But hey, I'm making the bad admission that I thought CLS was going to get an xwing
  • Options
    These girls have brought pure joy and entertainment to me. q5ql7q6odzla.jpeg

Wow, that’s an impressive set of sisters, very jealous
  • Options
    Richfxxx wrote: »

Can it take 1st in Arena?
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    Richfxxx wrote: »

Can it take 1st in Arena?

Not against UP.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    Dooku is great, Dooku sucks. Let's move past it and talk about others. I saw some one running scoundrels in an old shard at #53, R7 Nest and Vandor and R5 L3. Curious to hear from anyone who has relic'd those last twp, cuz they seem like they would be very tough to handle.

The scoundrels are really flying under the radar. A Q'ra, Vandor, L3, Zaal, Ordo team will almost always catch players in GAC by surprise. R7 Ordo just one shots all kinds of targets while players have to deal with the excessive taunts and revive mechanics. Go in without a very specific counter to that team and the fight will end poorly in seconds.

I agree with the Nest and Dooku suggestions as well.
  • Options
    My first R7 character is one that very few people max out, but is surprisingly amazing.

Young Han

My YH has 9148 Offense, with his unique, he constantly stacks 10% more offense and assists his allies constantly too. I also run with a R5 L3-37 who has stacking health which makes her unstoppable
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Also, tenacity down negates any modding for tenacity on a 1v5 R7 Dooku vs CLS team. So the stuns will stick. (85% of the time)

Every Guard assist from Chewie will reapply it so he can do his fancy lightsaber twirl and cleanse himself all he wants.

Note - at this point I'm just playing devil's advocate. Not trying to antagonize.

Right, but that tenacity down debuff has to first pass a tenacity check to land. And did you miss the part about me saying he one hits toons on counter? He hardly ever gets to do his double tap in these situations. He crits for 40k+ on his basic when he counters. Twice. Hits that ignore protection. Only daze will really stop this, and there's no daze on that team.

I'm tired of repeating myself so I think I'll retire from this discussion.

Tenacity down is irresistible.

In any case I know from first-hand experience that Dooku can do what I say he can. I suppose I'll get back to this thread with video-proof next GA, or maybe tomorrow if this TW presents a fitting candidate.

Waiting to see the video. I like the idea of g13 dooku. But not sure yet.
    >:)So what? I want Krell!