Who chose GG ship over GK?

Prev1
disbeliever
781 posts Member
edited January 2020
How many chose to stop starring GK negotiator and farm GG ship?

What was your thinking for doing it? Better ship? Better in arena?

Replies

• Which ones better?

• I only farmed GG. Im close to 7*
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Went for 7* Negotiator because its required for LS TB

Initially, I was hoarding GET2 until Malevolence was released but I was struggling in fleet arena and due to the delays, it was possible to unlock Malevolence and Negotiator both at 5 stars (I would've had enough GET2 to either take 1 to 7 stars or both to 5 stars) and realized that I should go all in on Negotiator once the datamine showed the fleet requirements and special missions needed Negotiator
  • Got 7* malevolence. Great ship. Been climbing to rank 1 (whenever i have time to climb) since unlock at 5*.

It's a great ship. But it's bugged in dsgtb at the moment. You can't actually use it (massive **** cg?)
  • CosmicJ wrote: »
    Got 7* malevolence. Great ship. Been climbing to rank 1 (whenever i have time to climb) since unlock at 5*.

It's a great ship. But it's bugged in dsgtb at the moment. You can't actually use it (massive **** cg?)

Better than Negotiator?
  • I haven't used negotiator. But sure why not. ;)
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Mal requires less pilot gear.

Neg needed for TB.

Each beats the other no problem.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Incredibly easy to beat GG with Rebels. Not so much GK.
  • Simply love Grievous. Will always choose characters I like over characters that may work better. Far less burn out that way.
  • ThisYeezy wrote: »
    Simply love Grievous. Will always choose characters I like over characters that may work better. Far less burn out that way.

Coz Grievous is the best! ;)
  • MasterOneHit
    170 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Negotiator is better than the malevolence. Malevolence is complete trash on D. Negotiator at least puts up a fight.
  • CosmicJ wrote: »
    ThisYeezy wrote: »
    Simply love Grievous. Will always choose characters I like over characters that may work better. Far less burn out that way.

Nuh-uh! Kenobi rules, Grievous drools!!! :p
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Negotiator is better than the malevolence. Malevolence is complete trash on D. Negotiator at least puts up a fight.

I'm sure this is true. I do wonder if a farmable Hyena will change the equation at all though.
  • We're at the point where enough people have 7* both of them to realize one isn't that much better than the other. I went Negotiator and am thrilled I did. Mine is only 5* but I can beat 7* of any capital ship because my pilots are good. The Malevolence fleets in my shard also finish first every time, so I doubt they are complaining.

Farm the one you like best or the one you have the best pilots for.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    In fleet, all being equal, GK easily beats GG, as does GG easily beat GK. It’s a pretty good balanced meta. I really hope they balance new Resistance/Jedi and FO/Sith metas.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • I went for Negotiator, but that was predicated on the decision to invest in Padme as a DR counter since I didn't have the mods to win mirror matches with SE. GR pilots are (mostly) in the Padme squad, so it just made the most sense to use the least amount of resources for both arenas.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    I went for Malevolence. Super fun to play. Doesn't hold any better than GK ship, but does hold better than AA. Beats everything with relative ease. Too bad CG is bad at their jobs and I couldn't use it in TB this last time.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    CosmicJ wrote: »
    ThisYeezy wrote: »

Nuh-uh! Kenobi rules, Grievous drools!!! :p

Kenobi roughs them up, Grievous coughs it up you mean ;)
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Kenobi over Grievous, Ep3. It always works out when you pick the movie winner, right? Mace > Jango, DV > CLS, Dathcha > R2, etc.
  • Only went for the Malevolence and I love it. 40 shards away from 7*. At the time my decision to go with the Mal was made it was an easy one as my GG was r7 and GK was g9; though they are both r7 now. I didn’t start running them until my Vulture was at 6*, 7 now. Hyena is at 5* and replaced my HT pretty early on. I’m running droids as the starting 3 and Geonosians as the reinforcements. I’ve been quite happy with the results so far. The only cap ship that gives me any issues is the Negotiator, and I think that’s more related to the pilots on the other side, and the AI will usually try to take out IG2k pretty early.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    Can a weak Sep fleet with a 5* Mal still beat GK with R7 Ships?

5* Malevolence, yes. Weak fleet? Probably not, but maybe.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Weak fleet= 5* Hyena + 6* Vulture + G12.5 Geos.

Probably, but there will be some RNG. I run all my pilots at r5 with 6* Hyena and 7* Vulture. There is only 1 fleet that I "struggle" with, because his fleet is full r7 and the speeds can mess me up.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Weak fleet= 5* Hyena + 6* Vulture + G12.5 Geos.

Yes, this fleet will beat GK w/ R7 ships. Your GG will need to be R7 to do it but I had this same fleet at the beginning and was climbing to #1 rather comfortably
  • There are probably 1 or 2 more Sep ships we don't have yet. Rebels and GR both have full fleets
  • I think GK's ship and fleet is better.... Especially if you already have the ships/pilots at 7star + Relics...

GG's ship is at a disadvantage to 7star GK fleets, unless you have It and the droid ships at 7star. The main problem is you have no way to deal with HT unless you have those ships 7star. Their are options once you have them 7star.

I have only farmed malevolence, And will have it 7star after next TB (I missed one TB). If you already have GK's ship unlocked I would not switch paths to farm GG's.
  • I need 15 more shards for 7* Malevolence. I have no regrets. I hit #1 daily and fall to 7-10 until I climb again. I have no issues with any of the GK ships in my shard.

I’m glad I went for it as well as it should help in TB (fix the bug CG) once I do get it to 7*. We’re at 28 stars as a guild so every little bit helps us. Whereas I have plenty of time for Negotiator to matter in LSGeoTB as it’s just a deployment game right now anyway.

I’d say go for whichever you have the best supporting fleet for. This is a diverse meta right now.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Vice_torn wrote: »
    I think GK's ship and fleet is better.... Especially if you already have the ships/pilots at 7star + Relics...

GG's ship is at a disadvantage to 7star GK fleets, unless you have It and the droid ships at 7star. The main problem is you have no way to deal with HT unless you have those ships 7star. Their are options once you have them 7star.

At a 5* Mal, 5* Hyena, and 6* Vulture, I've had no trouble with HT. Worst case you just wait it out until your ult, which makes HT crumple from a couple of hits. Otherwise, you stun it, buzz it, and wreck it.