Hyperdrive Bundle Character Shards

Hi there, new player from Oz here.
I’m giving serious consideration to the HD Bundle purchase. It looks like incredible value and I’ve come to realise FTP isn’t going to be a real option for me.

But until my next bit of overtime at work, I’ll have to wait until I can purchase it. In the meantime I’m trying to develop characters who aren’t part of the bundle that have unlocked for me.

My query is: I just got 80 something shards for Darth Vader and it is ready to activate, but he is part of the bundle. If I leave activating him until I purchase the HDB, will I keep those 80 something shards after getting the bundle? Or do they get absorbed into the purchase levelled Vader?

I read the Dev post on further details but couldn’t tell if this situation applies to their explanation.

Can anyone help me?

Replies

• Keep the shards you will not get them back if you buy hyperdrive bundle but you can use them after you buy it. Source I used mine before.
  • Not sure how it actually works, but the way it is supposed to work is that the hyperdrive bundle will bring you up to 145 shards of included characters. If you have 80, it should give you you 65 whether or not it is unlocked.

That being said, it could be that not unlocking it would let you keep those 80 shards, in which case it would be a bug that isn't supposed to happen. So...
  • Buying the package will leave you halfway through many things in the game.

5 stars are 145 fragments, so you need to reach 330 to reach 7 stars rarity. You still need 185 fragments.

Even if you have a 5 star character with 40 fragments there will still be no waste, because if the fragments are added you will be ready to have a 7 star character.

Continue for the time being, usually going after the phoenix, first order or bounty hunters, or if you're afraid go to the canteen after the geonosian soldier.

The question is after you get the package.

1) Go after a real guild and not the beginner bot guilds.
    2) Go after allies with powerful toons (here in the same forum)
    my code is 775-338-965
    and know how to use energy to leave you with the toon you want to use every hour and a half. (Ask the person to use the toon in a battle with him only at some point 1 of the normal, this will give you the opportunity to choose the ally.) Preferred allies are the CLS with the phoenix or Darth Vader with the troopers or emperor with the Sith.

3) In the matter of shards you will only receive 4 bounty hunters ie you will get a broken team. Your priority is to go after Bossk, Hounds (and Jango comes for free) and Bastila in yellow energy.

4) Use the rest of the package and what you're already getting to go after the phoenix remembering that the limit you need to make is 5 stars + 40 fragments.

Good luck.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    "Even if you have a 5 star character with 40 fragments there will still be no waste, because if the fragments are added you will be ready to have a 7 star character."

not quite sure what you mean @camper288. You won't get any shards above the 5* from the bundle.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Niadria wrote: »
    Keep the shards you will not get them back if you buy hyperdrive bundle but you can use them after you buy it. Source I used mine before.

↑ This. The HD bundle instantly takes Vader to 5 stars no matter if he's activated and what his current star count is (unless he's already above 5*). You can then use your 80 shards to 6-star him once you get 5 more. If you used them now they'd be wasted.
    Keep the shards you will not get them back if you buy hyperdrive bundle but you can use them after you buy it. Source I used mine before.

↑ This. The HD bundle instantly takes Vader to 5 stars no matter if he's activated and what his current star count is (unless he's already above 5*). You can then use your 80 shards to 6-star him once you get 5 more. If you used them now they'd be wasted.

You sure about that?

My understanding is you EITHER get your Current Shard Count, OR, you get 5*.

So in his case he would loose the 80 & get a 5* Vader.

You sure about that?

My understanding is you EITHER get your Current Shard Count, OR, you get 5*.

So in his case he would loose the 80 & get a 5* Vader.

I'm pretty certain. I know that my Maul wasn't unlocked when I bought the bundle and now he has 9/85 shards.
  • Coming to think of it, those shards could have been from bronziums that I've opened in the meantime. But I also have over 20 Lando shards and I know he wasn't activated either. I think it can't hurt to hold on to those shards either way.
  • What I was saying is that you're not supposed to end up with more than 145 shards of any character once you buy the bundle and if they are flipping over due to the character not being unlocked it would technically be a bug.

Now it would be close to along the same lines as when bronziums only used to give half the shards for characters you got that you already had unlocked so people just never activated characters and continued to get max shards from bronziums. Devs never seemed to care about that but they may care about this.

Point being if I was asking about this i would be concerned someone might think I was trying to find an exploit and get punished for it. I certainly wouldn't advertise doing it, and definitely wouldn't strongly advise someone to try.

What I would say is: Whatever you do, be careful.