Doubt: MODS

Hey people...

I've been reading (watching) about MODS and I do have a doubt.

SPEED...Ok, I've got it. It HAS to be there. Period.

But...what else is important? Which other attribute?

On MOD challenge, there are many "battles" (defense, health, potency)... what's important after SPEED?

Thanks

Replies

• Depends on the toon. If it’s a toon that relies on landing debuffs you might want potency. If it’s a tank you might want protection and/or health or maybe defense. You’ll want offense on your damage dealers. Really comes down to reading and understanding a toon’s kit and knowing what purpose they serve in a particular squad.
  • Speed is not always necessary, like with counter attackers or teams that can boost TM. Although speed is still important for many, it’s hard to give a broad sweeping attribute suggestion for all toons. IMO, the best approach is to read the kits and boost those attributes with mods that boost kits. For example, toons that rely on crits, boost crit chance.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Often it's crit chance + crit dmg for attackers,
    Defense and Health for tanks
    Potency for support
    But it depends on the exact toon and sometimes the circumstances in which you plan to use it.
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • Huum.... interesting...
    I've read (and seen) many tutorials about it... It's quite complex...
    Sorry for asking , but, in a nutshell, what does each attribute do?

Speed: "Fasten" Turm meter, correct?
    Protection: is the blue or purple bar? (what's the difference between then?)
    and the others?

Thank you very much to everyone for being so helpful
  • UnbelieverInME
    451 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    If you click on the icon that resembles a bar graph on a toon's record it gives you the breakdown of what each stat does for each toon.

Most are self explanatory,however: Potency increases your ability to make negative effects "stick" to a toon and is countered by the opponent toon's Tenacity. You always have a base 15% to effect someone despite any modifiers bring it below that threshold. unless they're immune to the effect.
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • STOP randomly using CAPS.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Speed is not always necessary, like with counter attackers or teams that can boost TM. Although speed is still important for many, it’s hard to give a broad sweeping attribute suggestion for all toons. IMO, the best approach is to read the kits and boost those attributes with mods that boost kits. For example, toons that rely on crits, boost crit chance.

except: speed is almost always necessary. there are a handful of toons that don't need it, but just a handful
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    Speed is not always necessary, like with counter attackers or teams that can boost TM. Although speed is still important for many, it’s hard to give a broad sweeping attribute suggestion for all toons. IMO, the best approach is to read the kits and boost those attributes with mods that boost kits. For example, toons that rely on crits, boost crit chance.

except: speed is almost always necessary. there are a handful of toons that don't need it, but just a handful

Yep, I agree, speed is #1 for most, not all as OP stated. I just don’t want someone to toss a +150 offense mod because it only has +3 speed.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • You always have a base 15% to effect someone despite any modifiers bring it below that threshold. unless they're immune to the effect.

You have this backwards. There is always a 15% chance to resist a debuff (unless the ability calls it out as being unresistable). The minimum chance to apply a debuff is 0%.

• Protection: is the blue or purple bar? (what's the difference between them?

The blue and purple bars are both protection. The difference is that the blue is a character’s base protection that they get from being at least g7, as well as from gear, mods, etc.

Purple is bonus protection that they get from abilities, either their own or another character’s. This applies on top of the base protection and will always be lost first.
  • When you're new at collecting mods, the easiest way to make sure a mod is going to be good for you is:

left side mods: (Square, Diamond, Circle): the primary bonus is fixed, except for Circle which can be either Health or Protection, so you want to make sure you have a speed secondary, but the Set Bonus doesn't matter. Better mods will have secondaries that also match either the Set Bonus or the Primary bonus. So if you have a Diamond mod with a potency set bonus, the primary will always be Defense (because of mod shape). At that point, you're looking for one speed secondary and if you also get potency and defense secondaries, that's a great bonus. Now, you won't want all your mods to be like this. For offense-minded characters, you are forced to accept a Defense primary on your diamond, but that doesn't mean you like it and you'd rather have offense and grit chance secondaries. However, during your very early collecting stages, before you get to a point where you're trying to customize the perfect set for a particular character, simply having one stat gets lots of bonuses is better than lots of stats each getting a little bonus.

Arrow Mods: In the beginning it's Speed primary or nothing. Later you're going to want a selection of mods with Health and Offense primaries. Even later, a Defense primary or two wouldn't hurt. However at the beginning even if you think you want to save one of those other mods for later in the game, don't spend a single one of your credits upgrading it. In the early game nothing will help you as much as speed. The other bonuses are when you're trying to assemble very specific mod sets for specific characters.

Triangle Mods: If it doesn't have a speed secondary, you don't want to save it. Once you do have a speed secondary, Crit Damage and Offense are needed for your damage dealers, Health and Protection are needed for others. Defense and Crit Chance are needed only for very specific characters with specific abilities. For instance, Clone Sergeant gets more turns (free TM) if he critically hits a lot. Those extra turns are going to do more to help your team than doing a bit more damage will do (from CD or Offense primaries). These heavily CC based toons are pretty rare, though. So save them, but don't spend credits upgrading them unless you have a very specific character in mind. Remember that if you're in doubt about saving a mod, having a primary that matches the set bonus is always a reason to save it.

Cross Mods: Again, if it doesn't have a speed secondary, you don't want to save it. I save almost all my Crosses that have decent speed secondaries, but when in doubt, having a primary that matches the set bonus (or an Offense primary on a CC or CD set bonus since you can't get CC or CD primaries on Crosses) is always a reason to save that mod, at least long enough to level it up some more or hack it to the next level to see how it develops.
  • Master, thanks alot. Your tips are helping me alot!!
    Im focusing on having speed as secundary in all mods...
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Arrow Mods: In the beginning it's Speed primary or nothing. Later you're going to want a selection of mods with Health and Offense primaries. Even later, a Defense primary or two wouldn't hurt. However at the beginning even if you think you want to save one of those other mods for later in the game, don't spend a single one of your credits upgrading it. In the early game nothing will help you as much as speed. The other bonuses are when you're trying to assemble very specific mod sets for specific characters.

Would also point out that Crit Avoidance arrows are quite useful for a handful of tanks. Also, when you do start going for non-speed-primary arrows, it's usually wise to aim for at least a decent (10+) speed secondary on them.

Early on, don't worry about the mod shop. In the late game it becomes a great source of purple and gold mods that don't need to be sliced, but for now you will need those credits to level your roster.

As far as which mod set to farm, you kind of can't go wrong with speed sets. Offense, crit chance, crit damage, and potency all have their place as well. You'll get tons of health mods from assault battles, marquees, and Smuggler's Run, so you don't need to worry about farming them for the most part. Defense and tenacity sets are occasionally useful, but generally not worth spending mod energy to specifically farm as they're very niche and most mods you get from farming will be rubbish.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png