Life Day

Prev1
Omeah
961 posts Member
The game Star Wars: The Old Republic, developed by Bioware and published by EA observes the Life Day in december where they basically create a mini-event to give away stuff to their players.

CG’s response to not giving us anything for Christmas is ridiculous, the same parent company does this in another game.

Replies

• I think everyone, including them, know that their answer just meant that they didnt want to give out anything extra on top of the doubled events.
    I wouldnt have a problem if they just said that though, this 'christmas' answer is very disingenuous
  • I don’t understand people that think they’re entitled to gifts based on a particular date on the Gregorian calendar. Seriously. I don’t get it. But I’m open to discussion. Feel free.
  • Katsapliakos
    336 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    AnnerDoon wrote: »
    I don’t understand people that think they’re entitled to gifts based on a particular date on the Gregorian calendar. Seriously. I don’t get it. But I’m open to discussion. Feel free.

The problem is also that they were fine in making xmas bundles,packs but claiming they dont celebrate xmas,is lying as always on their part.
    Its not a particular date,did CG goto celebrate xmas with their families and took time off from working yes or no,since they did,its not just any date on said calendar.

More over games with 1/100 of their budjet and profit they give free things every single week,so no we are not entitled,we should get more free things.

• AnnerDoon wrote: »
    I don’t understand people that think they’re entitled to gifts based on a particular date on the Gregorian calendar. Seriously. I don’t get it. But I’m open to discussion. Feel free.

The problem is also that they were fine in making xmas bundles,packs but claiming they dont celebrate xmas,is lying as always on their part.
    Its not a particular date,did CG goto celebrate xmas with their families and took time off from working yes or no,since they did,its not just any date on said calendar.

More over games with 1/100 of their budjet and profit they give free things every single week,so no we are not entitled,we should get more free things.

Lying? More free things? Not entitled? 🙄
  • I didn't really care anymore that there's no Life Day celebrations in swgoh, even though it would be awesome. But denying the holiday while at the same time selling those packs, is what makes people angry. Just ironic.
  • Omeah wrote: »
    The game Star Wars: The Old Republic, developed by Bioware and published by EA observes the Life Day in december where they basically create a mini-event to give away stuff to their players.

CG’s response to not giving us anything for Christmas is ridiculous, the same parent company does this in another game.

They give stuff away in November for the games anniversary and cycle through almost all of the events in December as a gift to the community. Relax, and recognize that they don't even have to do that much. It's one of the few areas that they actually get right.
  • This argument about entitlement is boomer nonsense. They have brainwashed you into settling for scraps.
  • Oh Yippee!!! You mean those sad and tired old events that we have beaten a couple hundred times already. That’s supposed to be a gift? I for one am tired of being held under $$CG’s$$ boot. There’s just no end to the crap they put players through. The most apocalyptically annoying thing for me is the stun gun drought and the fun little situation of needing one shard or gear piece for a toon and going through two crystal refresh’s to get it. Rich uncle $$CG$$ is greedy and self-centered that it doesn’t surprise me at all that they didn’t throw a few crumbs to us peasants.

So stop playing
  • TVF
    36583 posts Member
    Oh Yippee!!! You mean those sad and tired old events that we have beaten a couple hundred times already. That’s supposed to be a gift? I for one am tired of being held under $$CG’s$$ boot. There’s just no end to the crap they put players through. The most apocalyptically annoying thing for me is the stun gun drought and the fun little situation of needing one shard or gear piece for a toon and going through two crystal refresh’s to get it. Rich uncle $$CG$$ is greedy and self-centered that it doesn’t surprise me at all that they didn’t throw a few crumbs to us peasants.

Shard shop currency = stun guns
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36583 posts Member
    Also, to OP, the Anniversary = Life Day
  • I don't remember, are devs did something on May 4th?
  • I don't remember, are devs did something on May 4th?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/203304/may-the-fourth-be-with-you#latest

20 zeta mats and double drops.
  • Oh Yippee!!! You mean those sad and tired old events that we have beaten a couple hundred times already. That’s supposed to be a gift? I for one am tired of being held under $$CG’s$$ boot. There’s just no end to the crap they put players through. The most apocalyptically annoying thing for me is the stun gun drought and the fun little situation of needing one shard or gear piece for a toon and going through two crystal refresh’s to get it. Rich uncle $$CG$$ is greedy and self-centered that it doesn’t surprise me at all that they didn’t throw a few crumbs to us peasants.

I'm really not a fan of CG. Go through the vast majority of my posts and you'll see that, but you're just being entitled.
    Take what you get and move on. Appreciate that a group like CG gave you anything at all. Free gear, shard shop currency, some events to play, that's more than enough for the majority of players to be at the very least content.
  • Omeah wrote: »

Too bad Life Day happens in November, according to Disney, at approximately the same time as the anniversary. So they do give us gifts around life day every year.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • jhbuchholz wrote: »
    I don't remember, are devs did something on May 4th?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/203304/may-the-fourth-be-with-you#latest

20 zeta mats and double drops.

Thanks, im too lazy :p
  • TVF
    36583 posts Member
    Omeah wrote: »

Too bad Life Day happens in November, according to Disney, at approximately the same time as the anniversary. So they do give us gifts around life day every year.

Ninja'd
  • TVF wrote: »

No, Life day = Christmas
    Always has.
  • TVF
    36583 posts Member
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

No, Life day = Christmas
    Always has.

Not the point here.
  • BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Christmas in star wars is called life day and it happens in November is the point.

Can someone post a link to the Bioware forums? We need to defer these complaints there so we bring this to the attention of the devs at Bioware. They need to observe the Holiday in the correct month like we do here is swgoh.
  • The fact that we had a string of days full of activities that gave omegas, shards, currency, ability mats, etc was A.O.K in my books.

By the way, if anyone who works for cg reads this. Forgive my rudeness. Never said thanks. So, Thank you.

Furthermore, chronic complainers need to find a new game. I am loving this game right now. I know the Rey and Kylo Legendaries won't be f2p friendly at release. Who cares and nobody will want to hear people complain about it either.

No, Life day = Christmas
    Always has.

Not the point here.

How specious of you.
    It's the foundation of the thread, thus entirely the point.
  • TVF
    36583 posts Member

No, Life day = Christmas
    Always has.

Not the point here.

How specious of you.

The point is we got tons of stuff for the anniversary.

No, Life day = Christmas
    Always has.

Not the point here.

How specious of you.

That's the point you're making, it's not THE point of the thread, so no.
    The events were fine for the holidays.
    CGs response about the holidays whilst capitalizing monetarily on them was simply bad.

No, Life day = Christmas
    Always has.

Not the point here.

How specious of you.

This isn't the thread to talk about that anniversary, we're talking about "life day" in December so move along.
  • Lysandrax wrote: »

No, Life day = Christmas
    Always has.

Not the point here.

How specious of you.

That's the point you're making, it's not THE point of the thread, so no.
    The events were fine for the holidays.
    CGs response about the holidays whilst capitalizing monetarily on them was simply bad.

Which is entirely the point of this. "we don't do anything for Xmas, but we'll be out of the office for a couple weeks coincidentally in December, oh and here are some packs you can buy for the holiday, just coincidentally too..."

I was fine getting all the events running over the holiday, happy to have seen that. But at the same time, they could've handled this a lot better, which is a continuous problem with CG.
  • Life day is not in December but in November, the same month as the anniversary of the game. While the anniversary gifts aren’t specifically for life day, the gifts occur around the same time.

However, I CG did also handle this poorly with introducing “holiday” packs for the days leading up to Christmas, and then saying it isn’t celebrated.
  • TVF
    36583 posts Member
    Whatelse73 wrote: »

No, Life day = Christmas
    Always has.

Not the point here.

How specious of you.

This isn't the thread to talk about that anniversary, we're talking about "life day" in December so move along.

Again, my point was entirely relevant, but since some people are having trouble understanding, this will be my last post on the matter.