GAC cheater and rewards/titles

So what happens when a cheater in GAC gets banned (and it seems like that might only happen posthumously as the season ends soon) in regards to the payouts and titles? Will the poor guy on #11 of kyber get his "Kyber Contender" title, the 400 additional GAC currency and the 200k credits (the latter 2 might not be a big thing but the title...)? What about the people at ranks 26, 51 and 201?
Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg

Replies

• Which member of the top 10 has cheated?

Ousting is against the forum T&C. Cheaters can be reported, but not publicly shamed.

Ousting is against the forum T&C. Cheaters can be reported, but not publicly shamed.

I know, but the OP seems sure somebody has cheated. Just wondered if this was based on anything concrete or just spurious bluster

maybe no one but the cheater prevented him from being top 10.

I know, but the OP seems sure somebody has cheated. Just wondered if this was based on anything concrete or just spurious bluster

Stuff like JKR, Jolee vs Asajj, Aco, Zombie done in 10 secs - Thrawn, g8 Vet Chewie vs solid g12 and zeta'd Carth team done in 15 secs - JKR, GMY vs JKR, GMY, Jolee done in 16 secs or Veers, Starck, Shore vs Talzin, Daka, Nest done in 7 secs.
    I already reported it to LucifersDaddy/Leviathan on Jan 7th and Leviathan told me that he'd look into that account later that day. Here we are at the end of the GAC season and it seems like the guy is still not banned (still climbing in his arenas and the GAC leaderboard).
  • They promised to compensate players too when they lose to a confirmed cheater but how,d that work out?

Anyone anywhere been compensated?

That said. On this note, I may have been lucky but I've yet to fight anyone obviously cheating.
  • They promised to compensate players too when they lose to a confirmed cheater but how,d that work out?

That said. On this note, I may have been lucky but I've yet to fight anyone obviously cheating.

I was told by customer service that when they compensate the people who were wronged for being cheated against the rewards would be distributed game wide.

So if you cheat and get a temp ban... eventually you can collect a reward meant for those who you have wronged.

This is the official plan based on what the ea rep told me.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    They promised to compensate players too when they lose to a confirmed cheater but how,d that work out?

I was told by customer service that when they compensate the people who were wronged for being cheated against the rewards would be distributed game wide.

So if you cheat and get a temp ban... eventually you can collect a reward meant for those who you have wronged.

Yeah, we're not basing anything on what an ea customer service rep told you.
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    Which member of the top 10 has cheated?

Stuff like JKR, Jolee vs Asajj, Aco, Zombie done in 10 secs - Thrawn, g8 Vet Chewie vs solid g12 and zeta'd Carth team done in 15 secs - JKR, GMY vs JKR, GMY, Jolee done in 16 secs or Veers, Starck, Shore vs Talzin, Daka, Nest done in 7 secs.
    I already reported it to LucifersDaddy/Leviathan on Jan 7th and Leviathan told me that he'd look into that account later that day. Here we are at the end of the GAC season and it seems like the guy is still not banned (still climbing in his arenas and the GAC leaderboard).

I’ve seen lots of suspect battle times. In one case I actually watched as opponent cleared my board, then later compared with the .gg report of the round.

I think the issue rests with swgoh.gg though, as the times the site reports did not match with how long the guy actually took for those battles.
  • Evidence @Legend91

https://swgoh.gg/p/343174317/gac-history/?gac=3&r=3

This is the “final” of my previous GA.

Pretty much all of the attack times are way short of how long the battles actually took. Padme v NS and Traya v Geos in particular are both at least 90 seconds short of the real time.

If you’re basing an accusation solely on the time reported on .gg , that might not be the strongest case.
  • The question stands... has any player been compensated for the actions of cheaters? That’s what they said would happen. Has it? Ever?
  • Evidence @Legend91

https://swgoh.gg/p/343174317/gac-history/?gac=3&r=3

This is the “final” of my previous GA.

Pretty much all of the attack times are way short of how long the battles actually took. Padme v NS and Traya v Geos in particular are both at least 90 seconds short of the real time.

If you’re basing an accusation solely on the time reported on .gg , that might not be the strongest case.

That's a big problem on swgoh.gg's side then. There are 3 important data given to us to detect potential cheaters: Team comps, battle time and hp+prot bars with the first 2 being the important ones. If there's indeed a problem with the battle times that would not only render one of the most important data completely useless but also be misleading and potentially resulting in a lot of false accusations.
    However the battle times were not the only reason why I reported him. The match ups themselves are hilarious. Again, Thrawn + g8 Vet Chewie taking out a g12 Carth team. Traya + g11 Vet Han taking out a Geo team and more stuff..
  • Yeah, I realise that some of those team comps look suspect, and .gg definitely reports them accurately.

If you’ve flagged the player up to the powers that be, you’d hope the correct decision is reached. Can’t see how they compensate the victims though. Which is a shame.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    They promised to compensate players too when they lose to a confirmed cheater but how,d that work out?

That is not my understanding of the situation at all.

From the information I have:

- dissemination of compensation will be on a case by case basis.
    - to the OPs question, no. I dont believe that in such a case all players in a threshold position would be compensated.
    - again, as far as I know rewards being based on the singular case will be based on that match and would not extend to everyone, whether the player being accused is banned or not.
  • Customer service isnt a cg employee.

Depending on which level you get too it will be either an EA or googleplay/apple store(whatevervis called) representative.

They make minimum wage or close to it and work in a call center in a cubical. There is next to no training required and they have no real communication powers with developers, at best they have a place to escalate stuff to that may or may not be answered.

If your lucky you get someone whose been doing it awhile and is at least familiar with your issue in some way(hopefully they even know your game outside of the pc window but not likely).

All that said, they have NO CLUE what any dev teams doing on any game.

Welcome to how every game works in the age of microtransactions(a low point in gaming history)!