I don’t like you cos your feat’s too big

Am I alone in finding GAC feats irritating, infantilising and tedious? I like GAC. I like fighting and I’ve enjoyed the challenge of 3 v 3 to try different teams & strategies. What I find pointless is having to combine those strategies with asinine (and boringly repetitive) challenges. It’s enough for me to work out how to beat your g13 GG team or whatever without having to do it wearing a particular pair of underpants while whistling a De Souza march... I know it’s a trading card game based on a kids’ show but can we sometimes indulge our own conceits and pretend to be grown ups?

(Full disclosure - OP slightly disgruntled about missing Kyber by 300 or so points & regretting they didn’t bother with pointless etc feats)

Replies

• I never go out of my way to do challenges and I always hit kyber.

Given I usually 1v3 with my Malak, DR, etc
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Wed_Santa wrote: »
    It’s enough for me to work out how to beat your g13 GG team or whatever without having to do it wearing a particular pair of underpants while whistling a De Souza march...

That's exactly what makes it a feat if manage to do all that.

• I used to hit every feat, now I hit them incidentally- or I don’t. They are an interesting layer of you want to chase them and still try to win.
    I would rather have them than Not have them and I often find the titles and combinations at least amusing. Thanks CG
  • Wed_Santa wrote: »
    Am I alone in finding GAC feats irritating, infantilising and tedious? I like GAC. I like fighting and I’ve enjoyed the challenge of 3 v 3 to try different teams & strategies. What I find pointless is having to combine those strategies with asinine (and boringly repetitive) challenges. It’s enough for me to work out how to beat your g13 GG team or whatever without having to do it wearing a particular pair of underpants while whistling a De Souza march... I know it’s a trading card game based on a kids’ show but can we sometimes indulge our own conceits and pretend to be grown ups?

(Full disclosure - OP slightly disgruntled about missing Kyber by 300 or so points & regretting they didn’t bother with pointless etc feats)

Missed kyber by 2 points. First time I ever missed. Sitting here thinking about all the mistakes I made over the last month. Wishing those feats weren't resistance or FO...since I have neither.
  • This was the first one where I selectively ignored some feats--specifically getting kills with veteran smugglers and winning with undersized teams. Got the rest of them just fine.

You didn't mention having a problem with the generic ones, like winning X arena battles or whatever. So your issue seems to boil down to "I don't like feats I can't accomplish." The solution is to work on your roster so that you can accomplish them. Not remove them all together because you weren't able.

And your complaint that they're repetitive is pretty disingenuous. Only the generic ones have to be done multiple times. The ones that require a specific team need only be done once. I only used my Resistance ships once for that feat, I use Finn/Poe/Trooper pretty often because that's a good team but only needed them once for their feat. The feats you seem to have a problem with aren't repetitive.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Technically you had to use the Res ships twice, one feat was just the two x-wings and another feat added ReyFalcon.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Technically you had to use the Res ships twice, one feat was just the two x-wings and another feat added ReyFalcon.

Yeah, I forgot about that one. The point stands, though, because each instance of using the ships resulted in one completed feat.
  • They should just give more points to the feats because if we lose the matchups there is no way we can still hit kyber by doing all the feats anyway
  • Wed_Santa
    965 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    NicWester wrote: »
    This was the first one where I selectively ignored some feats--specifically getting kills with veteran smugglers and winning with undersized teams. Got the rest of them just fine.

You didn't mention having a problem with the generic ones, like winning X arena battles or whatever. So your issue seems to boil down to "I don't like feats I can't accomplish." The solution is to work on your roster so that you can accomplish them..

Not really. I don’t like any of them (well it’s a pretty mild animus to be honest, however...) - it seems counterintuitive to talk about rosters here. If I win in the fights but don’t get feats is my roster bad? Conversely if I bomb in the fights but nail every feat have I got a good roster? I would prefer the test of GAC to be more purely based on winning fights - it’s a combat mode after all.

But like I said, it doesn’t exercise me that much.
    Post edited by Wed_Santa on
    I would prefer the test of GAC to be more purely based on winning fights - it’s a combat mode after all.

I mean. It’s pretty pure as is.

I finished 1944 in division 1 aurodium. Without feats I’d likely be tied with a lot of others who had my same record (I don’t remember, let’s say 7-5) so you need something to break up all those scores. Why not have feats? Feats represent extra difficulty taken on voluntarily. They represent broader, more diverse rosters. If someone could get 12 kills with Veteran Smugglers and I couldn’t, why don’t they get something extra out of it? They did combats that were harder while I chose ones that were easier. Give them some points.
    Am I alone in finding GAC feats irritating, infantilising and tedious?

What do feats (or any part of the game) have to do with perceived level of maturity? Real head-scratcher here.

Anyway, don't do them if you don't want to. Problem solved.

u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• They've kinda grown on me. Like a fungus. An itchy, unsightly and somewhat pungent fungus. :p

I don't jeopardize match wins for feats but I do check them regularly and work them in to my plans where possible.

The undersized squad feats in particular have pushed me to up my game and learn where and how I can win fights shorthanded, something I very rarely used to attempt.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    They've kinda grown on me. Like a fungus. An itchy, unsightly and somewhat pungent fungus. :p

I don't jeopardize match wins for feats but I do check them regularly and work them in to my plans where possible.

The undersized squad feats in particular have pushed me to up my game and learn where and how I can win fights shorthanded, something I very rarely used to attempt.

Darth Revan is great for 1v3
  • They should just give more points to the feats because if we lose the matchups there is no way we can still hit kyber by doing all the feats anyway

The solution here is to not throw away the win for a feat worth fewer points. And if you're losing the matches anyway, feats shouldn't make it so everyone gets kyber regardless of win/loss ratio, else there is no point in it.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Wed_Santa wrote: »

Kyber is for the best players of the game. If you can't beat your opponents and clear feats at the same time, then Aurodium is the place for you