If Rex or Echo is hit with a healing buff...

Prev1
MasterJediBrian
450 posts Member
edited January 2020
...And they die triggering Fives' sacrifice & stats boost, there's no GD way that a healing immunity debuff should still be on them with them having 1% health left. NO WAY a debuff should trump a zeta like this. Rex is standing there with no health and his underwear figuratively pulled down to his ankles. Please fix this CG!!
Post edited by MasterJediBrian on

Replies

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    they don't die. also, wai iirc
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • ...And they die triggering Fives' sacrifice & stats boost, there's no GD way that a healing buff should still be on them with them having 1% health left. NO WAY a buff should trump a zeta like this. Rex is standing there with no health and his underwear figuratively pulled down to his ankles. Please fix this CG!!

What? Do you have images or video showing this issue? Are you saying that a green healing buff prevented rex/echo from gaining full hp/prot from 5s zeta?
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    wait, i thought he meant a healing block
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    wait, i thought he meant a healing block

OP says a healing buff left his characters at 1% hp, which sounds like a big bug so wondering if we have proof.

If it is actually healing block, than totally wai.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Yeah... we talking green or red here?
  • This is how healing immunity is supposed to work.

If Fives sacrifices, technically the surviving clone (Rex, Echo) didn't die as Fives took the killing blow. How is it not working as intended when healing immunity stops a 'non-revived' character from healing, when there is nothing in the kit that should dispell the said debuff.
  • I'm not so sure about this. The wording says "WOULD be defeated by an ability", not "IS defeated by an ability".

If the ability is preventing death, rather than letting the character die and then reviving them, then this would be working as intended. No death, no cleanse, and there isn't a cleanse built in to Fives sacrifice (though if there was this would fix what you view as a problem), and shock or healing immunity would do what it is supposed to do.
  • As me and RSL said above, the ability prevents death and isn't a revive, shown in the mechanics on swgoh.gg. Working as intended when shock or healing immunity prevents the health recovery:
    ogewyh4v8gof.jpg
    ytcn4dyldfya.jpg

• It doesn't trump the entire zeta, just the health recovery. They still get all the extra max health and protection, speed etc.
  • UdalCuain wrote: »
    I'm not so sure about this. The wording says "WOULD be defeated by an ability", not "IS defeated by an ability".

If the ability is preventing death, rather than letting the character die and then reviving them, then this would be working as intended. No death, no cleanse, and there isn't a cleanse built in to Fives sacrifice (though if there was this would fix what you view as a problem), and shock or healing immunity would do what it is supposed to do.

The wording ridiculously says 'would be defeated' as in, oh, haha, but not really. So a lousy, cheap, dollar store healing immunity trumps an important zeta essential to the Clones?? No way in any universe the Clones' entire dimension should be negated like this by a single debuff.

See above where I posted the mechanics. The ability PREVENTS them being killed, and doesn't include a cleanse, so this is working as intended. Handy tactic to use when facing the 501st, thanks for pointing it out.
  • UdalCuain wrote: »
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    I'm not so sure about this. The wording says "WOULD be defeated by an ability", not "IS defeated by an ability".

The wording ridiculously says 'would be defeated' as in, oh, haha, but not really. So a lousy, cheap, dollar store healing immunity trumps an important zeta essential to the Clones?? No way in any universe the Clones' entire dimension should be negated like this by a single debuff.

See above where I posted the mechanics. The ability PREVENTS them being killed, and doesn't include a cleanse, so this is working as intended. Handy tactic to use when facing the 501st, thanks for pointing it out.

Don't be antagonistic. You know this is ridiculous.

I'm not being antagostic. You have been told by multiple people in this thread that this is working as intended, with evidence that it is doing what it is supposed to do.

But yet again, you have dissolved into shouty MJB that isn't listening to the correct answer.
  • Crazylazyguy
    1786 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Just wondering how long have you been playing with clones? As someone who's used them since pretty much day 1, I can assure you that everything is working just as it's explained in the kit.

The zeta on Fives, clearly states "Recovers 100% health". It doesn't say "Dispels all debuffs on all allies and recovers 100% health". It doesn't say "This health recovery cannot be prevented". It simply says "Recovers 100% Health". Just like any other healing ability in the game, this one can be stopped by Shock and Healing Immunity debuffs.

There's nothing even remotely confusing about this interaction, nor about the wording.
  • ...And they die triggering Fives' sacrifice & stats boost, there's no GD way that a healing immunity debuff should still be on them with them having 1% health left. NO WAY a debuff should trump a zeta like this. Rex is standing there with no health and his underwear figuratively pulled down to his ankles. Please fix this CG!!

JKRs Savior works this way too. CG acknowledged the interaction was working as intended in that case.
  • You want to argue about the lore, yet you say Rex should be killed and then revived by Fives's sacrifice. Which part of the Clone Wars made you believe clones can revive eachother?
  • This thread did not dissapoint, OP congrats on discovering the best counter to the fives zeta...a few months late :D
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    It doesn't trump the entire zeta, just the health recovery. They still get all the extra max health and protection, speed etc.

NO! They don't even get the MAX HEALTH!!! IT'S A TOTAL CRAP ON THE ENTIRE DIMENSION OF THE CLONES!! With 1 lousy debuff???? Are you kidding me??? That zeta is THE ENTIRE 501ST!!! Do not write "would be defeated" just because you're desperate to avoid using the word 'revive' again here. Just let Rex be defeated, AND THEN, Fives can sacrifice himself to restore Rex (or Echo).

you realize everyone still gets five's stats, right? it's just that if there's healing immunity then that one toon doesn't, you know, heal. This is like being upset that if opponent healblocks malak and he drains life he doesn't heal. bc there's a heal block. which prevents healing, I mean.