Can we please have a game mode for testing toons?

Pan2218
496 posts Member
edited January 2020
We have no way of testing & it is really become outdated. Not every toon is for meta & not being able to test is really debilitating.

Replies

• Galactic war
  • Galactic war

Journey event replays, albeit for specific team affiliations.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • People have been asking for this since the game began and the answer has pretty much always been "yeah we'd like to do that someday but no." Presumably because it would be a decent-sized undertaking in terms of development time, and it would be difficult to justify monetizing it.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• I’d love to be able to practice special events like the acklay mission
  • I would prefer that we have more packs
  • Galactic war

Hard mode galactic war was actually talked about in the last q&a I believe. And would be cool. I think they said they would need to reevaluate how they ranked squad difficulty. Just give me a random smattering of arena teams. Start around 1000 and work into the top 20. Just pick teams in my own shard. Should be pretty simple I would think.
  • Jpolson43 wrote: »
    Galactic war

Hard mode galactic war was actually talked about in the last q&a I believe. And would be cool. I think they said they would need to reevaluate how they ranked squad difficulty. Just give me a random smattering of arena teams. Start around 1000 and work into the top 20. Just pick teams in my own shard. Should be pretty simple I would think.

Seriously @CG_SBCrumb this is an easy way to implement...
  • Galactic war

But once a team is around 70k (when you need to see how they interact & mechanics work) it walks over Galactic war. Lol I used to solo it with Ventress when I was bored
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Galactic war

Hmm...that's something that I never thought of. But your correct, that's very toon specific & if I have the Journey toon then I have probably utilized those toons.
    My things is like trying to use the new Finn or Sith Trooper. My FO or Resistance is in now way competitive against anything in the top 50 of arena. Same I just unlocked Wat & want to play around. But there is nowhere to do so
  • Jpolson43 wrote: »
    Galactic war

I have also been hoping for this to happen & our guild has discussed it for a couple of years now. Anything like that would be great. It would be better if you could practice on guildmates 😎
  • Blows raspberry
  • Wimma
    152 posts Member
    Not if they can't sell it.
  • Someday™
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • That would be awesome... but there's no money to be made off a testing mode, so it won't happen. They don't even fix bugs anymore since there's no money it lol :(
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Galactic war

A lot of them are pretty weak though. They all meed a mythic hard version now.
  • Use LS geoTB to test your light side toons. It’s not like you’re going to clear those waves with good toons anyway:)
  • Use LS geoTB to test your light side toons. It’s not like you’re going to clear those waves with good toons anyway:)

How do people test 5* GAS in LS Geo TB?

Use the other Anakin and assume they have the same mechanics???
  • I suspect that the problem is not so much in dev cost as in the implications of players having such testing capability. For one, imagine being able to test and perfect your techniques against every opposing Arena/GA/TW squad, before you have to commit to the actual battle.
  • I suspect that the problem is not so much in dev cost as in the implications of players having such testing capability. For one, imagine being able to test and perfect your techniques against every opposing Arena/GA/TW squad, before you have to commit to the actual battle.

Ding Ding Ding we have a winner! Exactly why this won't ever be implemented. With that being said, I'd be stoked if we could get a custom GW mode where we could place our own teams down to battle.

It would be a much better world

That doesn't work. That game mode is flat out ****
  • Pan2218
    496 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Pan2218 wrote: »
    Use LS geoTB to test your light side toons. It’s not like you’re going to clear those waves with good toons anyway:)

That doesn't work. That game mode is flat out ****

Haha censored an acronym for manure