A change of direction

Hey EA/CG, I played this game for 3,5 years now. I got 5.3M GP and most toons. I couldnt get GAS and I dont really care, cause Im getting fed up with collecting and most of all gearing my toons. And what for? So the next raid (if there ever comes another) or event can tell me I need new toons at a higher gear level than ever before?

You are constantly pushing the boundaries so things are off limits. While it's nice to have something to strive for, it becomes painful when there is never any reward or feeling of satisfaction, just one of not being good enough. Playing this game (sorry business model) is unfulfulling and simply not very fun.

Your geonosis TB and your GAS event confirmed this. It kind of started with the sith traid where all the toons we had collected and geared painfully were close to useless.

So, my suggestion is a change of direction. How about you let us have FUN with what we have instead of never being enough? It's a game. It's supposed to be fun. And no, I dont want to play another game, I want THIS game to be fun.

Maybe make some events, could be like solo raids, where you get rewarded for doing things within a different time limit, or based on how much damage you can do, with your best toons. Make old school rebels useful. Give us Red 5. Make a FUN Death Star raid with nice cutscenes etc.

Make SWGOH fun again.

Replies

• TVF
    36577 posts Member
    You can use all your stuff in GA.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

OR Raids...
    Arena...
    TW...
    GW even.
    That's what I do, that's how I have my fun.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Hasn't the game always been this way though? Maybe it's not so much a problem with the game itself, but you getting bored with it after 3.5 years.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    NasRegal wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

OR Raids...
    Arena...
    TW...
    GW even.

GW is the only real option you listed. When’s the last time you used Lobot, CUP, Mob, tuskens, koth, fisto, G guard, or uggy boy in anything?
    • lobot - never
    • cup - never
    • mob - never
    • tuskens - never
    • koth - never
    • fisto - never
    • gam guard - never
    • uggy - back in the very early days of the AAT raid
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member

OR Raids...
    Arena...
    TW...
    GW even.

GW is the only real option you listed. When’s the last time you used Lobot, CUP, Mob, tuskens, koth, fisto, G guard, or uggy boy in anything?

Deployment doesn’t count.

Why do you need to use everything?

I use a good portion of my roster in those modes. I haven't geared Lobot so I don't really want to use him anyway.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »

OR Raids...
    Arena...
    TW...
    GW even.

I use a good portion of my roster in those modes. I haven't geared Lobot so I don't really want to use him anyway.

Because I want to use the toons that I’ve collected. MSF’s blitz mode allows you to use your entire roster, no matter the gear level, so your entire roster has value. I have all those toons above at 7* and haven’t touched them for years now. That shouldn’t be the case in a game that’s going on five years with people begging for more game mode to use their rosters.

You are allowed to use you entire roster in TW, GAC, TB, GW, and raids. Nothing says you cannot use any character there, other than the obvious LS/DS and special requirements in certain TB battles.

Side note: everything I have ever heard about MSF blitz is bad, and it is the root cause of most people I have met for quitting the game due to its massive time commitment. I hope the devs do not consider a copy of it for swgoh.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »

OR Raids...
    Arena...
    TW...
    GW even.

Because I want to use the toons that I’ve collected. MSF’s blitz mode allows you to use your entire roster, no matter the gear level, so your entire roster has value. I have all those toons above at 7* and haven’t touched them for years now. That shouldn’t be the case in a game that’s going on five years with people begging for more game mode to use their rosters.

You are allowed to use you entire roster in TW, GAC, TB, GW, and raids. Nothing says you cannot use any character there, other than the obvious LS/DS and special requirements in certain TB battles.

Side note: everything I have ever heard about MSF blitz is bad, and it is the root cause of most people I have met for quitting the game due to its massive time commitment. I hope the devs do not consider a copy of it for swgoh.

Sure, your allowed to use those toons, but would you? No, even at decent gear level. We need a mode where we can use lower toons like blitz.
    Blitz does have its flaws, however, it is nice to be able to play whenever you want with whatever team you want. I’m just a milestone player, meaning that I stop playing blitz when the rewards from the milestone stop. It’s a great place to test out teams and theory craft. The time commitment comes from those people that HAVE to have everything the second it comes out. Blitz doesn’t take up much of my time, so it’s a positive for me. Do I get each toon that comes out in blitz, no, but I’m fine with that.

They should mimic a blitz mode here that has milestones up to a certain point, then the rewards either stop or get drastically reduced. Something to do then just arena, dailies and the occasional guild activity.

So you want a game mode where you can use the bad characters just because? Why? Belive me, i want new content, but making it easy enough to use bad characters like cup sounds awful, as does requiring specific bad characters .

You still havent shown why you cant use these underused characters in GW though. Seems like the perfect place to utilize the bottom of your roster if that is your goal in the game.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q