I find your lack of communications disturbing

Prev1345
Hey Guys!
We are here, but where are you?
What are you working on?
This community is waiting for the news with holding their breath. News? Announcements? Anything!
Believe me, we are interested about everything what you can tell us, just say something for God sake! What are you doing now? What is your plan in the short and long term? Any actual incoming content? Anything?
Also, there were a lot of important questions in the last Q&As, but you didn't answer most of them.
And what about the recent issues? You haven't said anything about these:
- Lag issues: nothing respond
- Connection issues: no words.
- GP numbers anomaly: nothing.
- GAC and TW matchmaking with incorrect GP numbers: ...
- The game restarts all the time when after a phone call happens on android. Sometimes it doesn't restart, there is only a black screen and have to force quit: nothing announcement.
- Etc. you can find the rest in your forum.
I can't believe you have nothing to say about these bugs... :(

Please, communicate something..

Replies

• Most of these can be answered by the dev tracker which is constantly updated, doesn't have all but some probably aren't properly formulated yet.
    Also they just did a Q&A and new characters are obviously still coming as well as new content (hopefully not reskinned)
    The game is okay, calm down.

Having said all that, the number of bugs is ridiculous in the game at the moment, there isn't enough being done imo
  • Despite the appearance I am calm. :)
    I love this game, but the lack of announcement is annoying. When was the last real announcement? Since weeks ago? I just would like to know what's going on, and also would like the game works well. That's it.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    Most of these can be answered by the dev tracker which is constantly updated, doesn't have all but some probably aren't properly formulated yet.
    Also they just did a Q&A and new characters are obviously still coming as well as new content (hopefully not reskinned)

Having said all that, the number of bugs is ridiculous in the game at the moment, there isn't enough being done imo

You can't count the Q&A. A lot of words were used with very little actually being said.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Most of these can be answered by the dev tracker which is constantly updated, doesn't have all but some probably aren't properly formulated yet.

A lot of words were used with very little actually being said.

Sounds like you described the whole forum tbh
  • I like the Communication structure now. Q and A’s and state of the galaxies and the road ahead.

Communication has always been an issue here but I think this is the best we are going to get. They have been better about announcing toons that are comings. See New Poe and the galactic legends that are supposed to alleviate panic farming??? Idk we ll see.

Could communication be better- absolutely but it has also been a lot worse lol
  • This is also true. But come on, weeks passed without serious news. The Q&A and the road ahead was not so specific either. I have a feeling that their winter break is not over yet.
  • I agree with OP that the communication, speed of fixing bugs, releasing new toons and new content is pathetic, to say the least. There is nothing to be excited about for the past couple of months and no news of any significance.
  • but wait.. ls geo tb about to start again. CONTENT CONTENT CONTENT
  • Olderaan
    180 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    There would not be necessary to develop new content every week if they would release a practice (also known as sandbox, blitz) mode or something similar where we can play all the time when we want in real challenge environment.
    I would compromise with a real pvp content as well.
    Just do something please.
    And say something about it.
  • I’d just be happy with my guilds missing Wat shards...that’d be new content for us. Only been waiting 3 months now I believe.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    In the Q&A they specifically said they dropped the ball on content in 2019 and are planning to do more this year.

We'll see, of course.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • They could really benefit from pacing communication/information releases along with new content or characters. For example, if 2 characters and an event will be released in a month, it could look like this. Week 1: character release. Week 2: event prep communication. Week 3: event. Week 4: character.

I don’t find the Q&A’s very useful because most answers are vague, political-type answers.

“Will you make a new raid?”

“We certainly enjoy making raids and like watching the community come up with creative teams to beat them. We’ve been thinking about it, and it’s on our list of ideas.”

“Yes, but will you actually make a new one?”

“...”
  • Well, if a new raid is no further advanced than on their "list of ideas", then don't expect one anytime soon.
  • Lysandrax wrote: »

Constantly, good one :D
  • I like the Communication structure now. Q and A’s and state of the galaxies and the road ahead.

Communication has always been an issue here but I think this is the best we are going to get. They have been better about announcing toons that are comings. See New Poe and the galactic legends that are supposed to alleviate panic farming??? Idk we ll see.

Could communication be better- absolutely but it has also been a lot worse lol

How often are the State of the Galaxy posts? Can't recall and feel like it's been a minute, though I get Q&A will be much more frequent.
  • AlexanderG wrote: »
    Well, if a new raid is no further advanced than on their "list of ideas", then don't expect one anytime soon.

They confirmed in the last few Q&As (or atleast the November one iirc) that they have been actively working on the new raid, expecting to release it early this year
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    I’m hoping we get State of the Galaxy again starting in feb
    Well, if a new raid is no further advanced than on their "list of ideas", then don't expect one anytime soon.

They confirmed in the last few Q&As (or atleast the November one iirc) that they have been actively working on the new raid, expecting to release it early this year

I don’t remember such definitive wording. What I recall from that timeframe was that they were thinking of concepts for a new raid and hoping to release it early 2020.

That’s a lot different to me than actively working on it. And early 2020 is really just before July 2020.
  • They could really benefit from pacing communication/information releases along with new content or characters. For example, if 2 characters and an event will be released in a month, it could look like this. Week 1: character release. Week 2: event prep communication. Week 3: event. Week 4: character.

I don’t find the Q&A’s very useful because most answers are vague, political-type answers.

“Will you make a new raid?”

“We certainly enjoy making raids and like watching the community come up with creative teams to beat them. We’ve been thinking about it, and it’s on our list of ideas.”

“Yes, but will you actually make a new one?”

“...”

This is probably a better example than my made up example. It’s a very vague, indirect response to a very direct question.

Q: During GA, the person going second has a clear advantage knowing how many points they need to achieve and planning accordingly. Are there any plans to consider hiding the opponents progress during the attack phase - or at least hiding the attempts and score??
    A: CG_Vyeking - There are flow changes we want to make to build a faster, more engaging GA experience - including building more decision-making during deployment and during the attack phases.

I don’t remember such definitive wording. What I recall from that timeframe was that they were thinking of concepts for a new raid and hoping to release it early 2020.

That’s a lot different to me than actively working on it. And early 2020 is really just before July 2020.

Well, putting together the concept is actively working on the raid. There is far more to developing game content that just starting to code things. Besides that point, the timeline was based on the October Q&A question:

Will there be a new raid before the end of the year?
    A: CG_Vyeking - Before the end of 2019? Sadly, no. In the first part of 2020? That's currently the plan. We are also working on ways to build both solo and guild content more quickly.

And then they mentioned the raid a few times in Nov/Dec, implying it was still in focus and heavily hinted (maybe confirmed?) that it would include ships.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Lysandrax wrote: »

The last update on that thing was on December 19th. That's a month ago. And yes they all had a fun Christmas (OH WAIT!? They dont celebrate Christmas, my bad, "Holiday Break") break like back in college, but let's see an update two weeks into the new year, is that too much to ask?

• Jack1210 wrote: »

The last update on that thing was on December 19th. That's a month ago. And yes they all had a fun Christmas (OH WAIT!? They dont celebrate Christmas, my bad, "Holiday Break") break like back in college, but let's see an update two weeks into the new year, is that too much to ask?

Pretty much everything on the dev tracker has an update day of January 8th
  • For the vets #wemisscarrie
  • They don't have time to post in the forums. They are too busy. Counting to a billion takes time.
  • It doesn't take long - maybe an hour or two - to type up a summary of where CG is on concerns currently expressed on the forum. CG has a full-time employee that is supposed to manage communications with the community - which is to say, CG's customers. If you're paying that person for 40 hours of work, spending 1-2 per week putting up a post on Friday mornings (or end of day Monday) isn't much. Then there could be something that takes maybe a half-hour, maybe less, that follows up in the case of some misunderstanding or other need for quicker feedback than waiting a week.

Now, obviously the community manager also has to spend time speaking to other people at CG or they would have no info to report, so some of that work isn't going to be visible to the community, but organizing some devs to show up for a Q&A doesn't take a month of effort. Also, they have forum mods here that read a lot of the content present, so the paid employees at CG don't have to read all day just to catch up with the issues: things are sorted and important threads or comments are already brought to their attention by mods (as evidenced by, e.g., Kyno stating he will ask people at CG about something or other).

And it might be that if they try this once-a-week comment on the forum, not a big thing, just "we've heard you on X" or "no update yet on y" or "that's going to require dev input from someone who's currently on vacation, so you won't hear anything until date z", that it won't even require as much time as I've suggested once they're in the rhythm of it.

Seriously. This forum was created for customers to provide feedback to CG and for CG to get info out to customers. Most of the chat here doesn't need any input from CG. Even if someone hates the GA$ art, that doesn't require a CG response. People are always suggesting new toons or asking for strategy advice and the other players will chime in (usually helpfully) and there's no need to address any of that either.

Once a week providing a couple sentences each on a few ongoing concerns would go a long way to alleviate a lot of community frustration and distrust. Maybe that same comment could even include a link to the dev tracker and a standard copy/paste statement that they don't comment on the status of bug fixes because that's what the dev tracker already does. That would make it easier for newbies to find the dev tracker and the info they're looking for since most people showing up here wouldn't have any idea that it exists or where to find it. And after you write the link for the first of those weekly updates, you don't even have to write that bit ever again - it takes all of 12 seconds to find the last weekly update and cut and paste, and they're probably going to want to have the last weekly update in front of them anyway just to make sure that they don't forget to provide an update on anything that's important but unfinished.

Really, it's a couple hours work the first couple times, and after that it's hard to see how it takes even an hour. Why can't we have something like that?
  • Where are you seeing actual Q+A answers? I read through the whole thing and all I saw was one guy thanking someone for saying the hoped they had a good holiday.
  • Month since RoS, I think they can give info about the new events now..
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    I like how they said they dropped the ball in 2019 for content, when literally that’s all anyone was asking for all year. Are they admitting they ignore the users?

They are admitting they were unable to meet, or exceed user expectations rather than ignoring them. They also said they are aiming to meet player expectations this year regarding content

Ignoring would be saying the opposite