Hyperdrive bundle for endgame players

Prev1
Donmanolito
118 posts Member
edited January 2020
Hello dear CG

I often hear that you dont know who to help the players with your ingame economy and so on.... I'll show my roster as an example:

Donmanolito's roster

I have 3.4m GP and some good team. What I dont have is the ability to gear some older meta teams that I need for some counters in GAC and because I would really love to have them. I even dont have the ability to gear my DR because of more pressing teams. Just an example, if I want to gear up the geonosians, DR and BSF and the Sith Triumperat I would need

- 13 Mk5 Stun guns
- 5 Mk3 Carbantis
- 10 Mk8 Bo Tech Implant (golden Eyeballs)
- 5 Mk6 Stun guns (that include each a Mk5 Stun gun and a Mk3 Carbanti)

Thats of course just the top of the iceberg and just gear to get to G12... With G12 you need at least 100 Kyrotechs and a whole lot of other stuff. But still thats gear worth of 60'000 crystals!!!

Your thing with the hyperdrive bundle was a nice move for starters but what the normal players really need would be two things.

An endgame Hyperdrive bundle that has a real big chunk of material to even get to G12 like at least 10 Mk5 Stun guns, 10 Carbantis, 10 golden Eyeballs, 5 Mk6 Stun Guns and other materials where you farm forever to even get to G12. Then Maybe 2-3 Mk12 Furnace, 2-3 Mk12 Holo Lense and some other Mk12 stuff. Also some G12 finishers like two of each of those Kyro Tech pieces and some of those golden finisher pieces. Put a full Zeta on it and I would gladly buy that for 100$. And I normally dont spend so much. I did buy all the marque packs until you raised them from 10$ to 20$, after the raise I didn't buy any by the way!

The second thing is that you should lower the crystal prieces of the purple gear by 50% or so. We have a huge power creep and that stuff is not much worth anything but just that you can take your toon up to the level where the real serious gear starts. Its just not fun that you farmed the toons like Traya and you cant gear her because new meta toons are way more pressing to gear and even that takes forever.

/edit:
Or make a endgame hyperdrive bundle different. Make token that upgrade a toon instandly to G12. This bundle could have 5 tokens like that. Enough for a full squad. Then you can decide if you want to push a new low gear squad to G12 or maybe single toons that you struggle to upgrade because of the equipment. Actually I would like that more then just the equipment.
Post edited by Donmanolito on

Replies

• Hello dear CG

I often hear that you dont know who to help the players with your ingame economy and so on.... I'll show my roster as an example:

Donmanolito's roster

I have 3.4m GP and some good team. What I dont have is the ability to gear some older meta teams that I need for some counters in GAC and because I would really love to have them. I even dont have the ability to gear my DR because of more pressing teams. Just an example, if I want to gear up the geonosians, DR and BSF and the Sith Triumperat I would need

- 13 Mk5 Stun guns
    - 5 Mk3 Carbantis

Thats of course just the top of the iceberg and just gear to get to G12... With G12 you need at least 100 Kyrotechs and a whole lot of other stuff. But still thats gear worth of 60'000 crystals!!!

Your thing with the hyperdrive bundle was a nice move for starters but what the normal players really need would be two things.

An endgame Hyperdrive bundle that has a real big chunk of material to even get to G12 like at least 10 Mk5 Stun guns, 10 Carbantis, 10 golden Eyeballs, 5 Mk6 Stun Guns and other materials where you farm forever to even get to G12. Then Maybe 2-3 Mk12 Furnace, 2-3 Mk12 Holo Lense and some other Mk12 stuff. Also some G12 finishers like two of each of those Kyro Tech pieces and some of those golden finisher pieces. Put a full Zeta on it and I would gladly buy that for 100$. And I normally dont spend so much. I did buy all the marque packs until you raised them from 10$ to 20$, after the raise I didn't buy any by the way!

The second thing is that you should lower the crystal prieces of the purple gear by 50% or so. We have a huge power creep and that stuff is not much worth anything but just that you can take your toon up to the level where the real serious gear starts. Its just not fun that you farmed the toons like Traya and you cant gear her because new meta toons are way more pressing to gear and even that takes forever.

Firstly, wow not asking for much, are you?
    50% less cost on purple gear? At least have reasonable expectations.
    Secondly, if you haven't geared your geo squad or your drevan squad by this stage and you're 3.4mil, i have to ask what you've been spending everything on because it seems like maybe you have squandered your gear on far less necessary toons.
  • Lysandrax wrote: »

Secondly, if you haven't geared your geo squad or your drevan squad by this stage and you're 3.4mil, i have to ask what you've been spending everything on because it seems like maybe you have squandered your gear on far less necessary toons.

JKR, Padme, GAS, GG, CLS, BH just check my link to my SHGOH.GG page. DR was a lower priority because I dont have Sith Trooper, Sith Marauder and so on. Also I was not able to get Malak and then the focus shiftet towards padme for me and afterwards GAS. The Bugs are my gearing project right now but I had to build them up from the ground because I never used the Geo Ship Meta.

Sure its much to ask but lets be honest. They want to have a power level on the game that can clear the LS Geo TB. But the players are still struggeling to even get toons to G12 and G13. Thats the biggest issue. Purple gear is, from the power level, completly outdated gear. Still its a real bottleneck to even get to G12. Thats holding back the players. especially the newer players. Thats why I propose the cut...

... lets be honest. They want to have a power level on the game that can clear the LS Geo TB. But the players are still struggeling to even get toons to G12 and G13.

Let's be honest, they do not want players at a power level that can clear the LS Geo TB any time soon. They want players struggling, a bit at least, to power up units to be viable in this TB. A $100 bundle focused only on Hoth TB units (Rogue One, Phoenix, BH, Imperial Troopers) is much more likely. Still unlikely though.
  • 1) Your request is very unrealistic.

If we limit your proposed pack to 2 Mk12 furnace, 2 mk12 hololens, 10 carbs, 10 stun guns, 10 eyeballs, 5 gold stun guns and 2 kyrotech, you're asking for 113,660 crystals worth of stuff. To buy 113,600 crystals would cost me (in the UK) £730.

To request a pack containing all that plus more (I didn't include any cost for zetas or the additional stuff you didn't specify) for $100 saying "I'd buy that" is a bit like me saying I'd be a Lamborghini if they dropped the price to $3000. Of course I would, but it's not going to happen.

I'm not saying I agree with their pricing - I'm just saying your request is beyond fanciful and if you look at the figures above you really have to agree with that!

2) I think you have a different definition of "endgame" to most others. I think you're at least 1.5M GP away from the minimum anyone would consider "endgame".

• Still... Lets take the GBA at G11. You need 2x Mk6 Stun Guns... A Mk6 Stun is worth ~6000 crystals. So those two Mk6 Stun guns are worth 12k crystals. Thats more than 2 weeks of crystals if you hit place 1 in Squad and ship arena every day. And thats not even all you need. All that just to get from G11 to G12... At the pace we have right now that we need 15 toons with at least 17k GP for a special event toon how should somebody do this if he/she is not spending like 10k$ a month? And you need those to do the events they plan right now for the future. If they are not changing that the new events will not be used in years... Thats not what a game is for!
  • The materials to create a mk6 stun gun are not solely available through spending crystals though.

- The mk4 bacta gel are TB / TW rewards and also available in guild store / shard shop
    - The salvage piece of the gold eyeball is daily challenge gear, and also available in guild store
    - The other gold eyeball piece is farmable, drops in HSTR, HAAT, TB and is available in guild store / shard shop
    - The carbantis needed for the stun gun are challenge gear, farmable and drop in HPIT, TB, TW and are available in guild store / shard shop
    - The stun guns are farmable, available in shard shop and sometimes drop in HPIT

All you're convincing me is that using crystals to gear toons quickly is prohibitively expensive and that other sources of gear pieces are essential.
  • 1) Your request is very unrealistic.

If we limit your proposed pack to 2 Mk12 furnace, 2 mk12 hololens, 10 carbs, 10 stun guns, 10 eyeballs, 5 gold stun guns and 2 kyrotech, you're asking for 113,660 crystals worth of stuff. To buy 113,600 crystals would cost me (in the UK) £730.

To request a pack containing all that plus more (I didn't include any cost for zetas or the additional stuff you didn't specify) for $100 saying "I'd buy that" is a bit like me saying I'd be a Lamborghini if they dropped the price to $3000. Of course I would, but it's not going to happen.

I'm not saying I agree with their pricing - I'm just saying your request is beyond fanciful and if you look at the figures above you really have to agree with that!

2) I think you have a different definition of "endgame" to most others. I think you're at least 1.5M GP away from the minimum anyone would consider "endgame".

True... I see it this way... the hyperdrive bundle pushes a day 1 player at least 1 year ahead with stuff all around that would cost huge ammounts if you calculate it. It was designed to push players far ahead but just as a one time thing.

What I propose is meant similar to that. New game modes are designed around reliced toons not G11 oder G12. Thats the past and is irrelevant. For me that means G13 is the new threshold, the new normal. There are lots of players out there that have lots of toons farmed to 7* but dont have the recources to get them even to G12. Thats where the price cut to purple gear and the endgame hyperdrive bundle should focus on. Get those sleeping toons up to a level where they become useful.
  • I understand why such a pack would be good. I have 21 g13, 68 g12, 31 g11 and 7 g10 toons. I find it tough seeing the wall of green crosses on my g11 and below toons, knowing that virtually all of those crosses are stun guns.

I just don't think you should waste any of your energy wishing it to happen. If it ever did happen there is no chance they would give even half the stuff you listed for $100.

It's a game about resource management. When gear is hard to come by you've got to plan carefully who gets it. And buying a pack like you describe, for any amount of money, would be nothing more than a temporary fix.
  • Or make a endgame hyperdrive bundle different. Make token that upgrade a toon instandly to G12. This bundle could have 5 tokens like that. Enough for a full squad. Then you can decide if you want to push a new low gear squad to G12 or maybe single toons that you struggle to upgrade because of the equipment. Actually I would like that more then just the equipment.
  • If the toons in the pack would give me shards for shard shop currency, I’d buy it today.
  • Is 3.4mil GP even considered an endgame player? Because I'm at 3.25 and I feel like there is no end in sight.
  • twstdbydsn wrote: »
    Is 3.4mil GP even considered an endgame player? Because I'm at 3.25 and I feel like there is no end in sight.

We have some 5+M in our guild and I'm pretty sure they don't feel like end game players in Geo LSTB
  • twstdbydsn wrote: »
    Is 3.4mil GP even considered an endgame player? Because I'm at 3.25 and I feel like there is no end in sight.

We have some 5+M in our guild and I'm pretty sure they don't feel like end game players in Geo LSTB

It's never ending. Funny enough I was talking to my nephew who plays this and he's only at 1mil GP and he was like i need to get relics. And i was like slow your roll kid. Get a good squad together first and not just randoms like you have so far.
  • Dinotank46
    553 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    I'm at 1.6m (I'm 47th place in bronzium division 7 If you want to check my roster in GA) I'm seeing everyone talking and if I'm not in endgame, do I have a long road ahead?
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA
  • I see endgame as being level 85 and being able to play and beat all individual content.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Or make a endgame hyperdrive bundle different. Make token that upgrade a toon instandly to G12. This bundle could have 5 tokens like that. Enough for a full squad. Then you can decide if you want to push a new low gear squad to G12 or maybe single toons that you struggle to upgrade because of the equipment. Actually I would like that more then just the equipment.

The hyperdrive bundle is an endgame bundle, it has a more gear in it than any bundle offered before.
  • Hello dear CG

An endgame Hyperdrive bundle that has a real big chunk of material to even get to G12 like at least 10 Mk5 Stun guns, 10 Carbantis, 10 golden Eyeballs, 5 Mk6 Stun Guns and other materials where you farm forever to even get to G12. Then Maybe 2-3 Mk12 Furnace, 2-3 Mk12 Holo Lense and some other Mk12 stuff. Also some G12 finishers like two of each of those Kyro Tech pieces and some of those golden finisher pieces. Put a full Zeta on it and I would gladly buy that for 100$.

The pack your describing will cost $1,000 not $100.
  • Tattz
    192 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Lysandrax wrote: »

“Necessary toons” that makes me laugh you mean the ones that CG told you to blindly farm so you nodded your head and said okay then I’m at 5million gp and never farmed for drevan as juhani is not what I would consider necessary plus they gave us 10 malak shards in the anniversary gift so if I just wait another 14 years with the same gift every year I’ll unlock him for free anyway 😂
  • V glad that my reasonable choice of words brought you so much joy. If you're competitive in pvp it it is necessary to have drevan, you can get him with a g1 juhani. If you're a good guildmate in TB you have Geos. End of story.
  • Tattz
    192 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    V glad that my reasonable choice of words brought you so much joy. If you're competitive in pvp it it is necessary to have drevan, you can get him with a g1 juhani. If you're a good guildmate in TB you have Geos. End of story.

Nope I can still rank #1 in my SA with GG nuke
    I already had gear 12 geos before GEO TB was announced apart from GBA because I wanted to farm/gear them not cos CG told me to
  • I don’t think there should be an endgame bundle, g11 onwards should be hard. But I do feel there should be a mid tier bundle, g8 to g11 pieces, maybe a few shards of better quality toons (Such as vet Han or chewie, not game breaking but a move towards the journey guide), remove zetas and add in a few more omegas.

The hyper drive is a belter for new players, and although decent for mid range, there’s just to much going in the bin in my opinion, I do realise there’s probably a lot of people who feel like it was worth it for them, but I would imagine there’s a fair few who don’t like to see waste and not bought it.
  • Tattz wrote: »
    V glad that my reasonable choice of words brought you so much joy. If you're competitive in pvp it it is necessary to have drevan, you can get him with a g1 juhani. If you're a good guildmate in TB you have Geos. End of story.

Nope I can still rank #1 in my SA with GG nuke
    I already had gear 12 geos before GEO TB was announced apart from GBA because I wanted to farm/gear them not cos CG told me to

Hope you've come to terms with aquiring all the gear in ways that CG told you to and put them in all the spots that CG told you to and used all the available mods slots, just like CG made you do.
    You really showed them, and me.
  • Is the hyperdrive pack worth it just for the resources section and a cpl 5* toons?
    Hello dear CG

Donmanolito's roster

- 13 Mk5 Stun guns
    - 5 Mk3 Carbantis

Firstly, he's not asking for anything 10000000000000 others have not already asked for. File it in gear crunch.

Next... reasonable expectations on a 5 year old game... with kyros and a new gear level. You sir have been trained. Pavlov's dog. Your expectations have been cemented that you will never get more than they currently give.

This is called "learned helplessness" - it's a true thing look it up.

I'm with this guy, you wanna go big, dream big, ask for big. Good up OP!

I'm sorry, if you're happy and satisfied with the way gear flows for building characters right now.

If you are not, then support this guy.

If you have better IDEAS - then share.

• Donmanolito
    118 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    I just saw this vid from Ahnold101:

youtu.be/rupvZgKmgBA

If you see what value the hyperdrive bundle has to a new player, how unfair it is to the players that dont buy it.... If they ever put out a endgame hyperdrive bundle that is just somewhere comparable to this bundle its a looooot more as I asked for in the original post. I watched the vid and this whole bandwith of this bundle unfolded in my head. This is soooo insane for new players... Its like 7*ing all non event toons/ships give you R7 upgrades to 20 toons, get you 200k GET1/2 currency and 20 full zetas... Thats how this bundle for new players feels like.
  • I just saw this vid from Ahnold101:

youtu.be/rupvZgKmgBA

If you see what value the hyperdrive bundle has to a new player, how unfair it is to the players that dont buy it.... If they ever put out a endgame hyperdrive bundle that is just somewhere comparable to this bundle its a looooot more as I asked for in the original post. I watched the vid and this whole bandwith of this bundle unfolded in my head. This is soooo insane for new players... Its like 7*ing all non event toons/ships give you R7 upgrades to 20 toons, get you 200k GET1/2 currency and 20 full zetas... Thats how this bundle for new players feels like.

No, it isn't. New players dont know how to compare what things feel like and Ahnold is a hype man.
    A $100 bundle doesnt even R7 1 toon
    No, it isn't. New players dont know how to compare what things feel like and Ahnold is a hype man.
    A $100 bundle doesnt even R7 1 toon

Sure I just say if they would bring a endgame hyperdrive bundle that should have the same impact as the current hyperdrive bundle has on a new player it would contain extrem stuff... As he said... its worth more then a year playing.
  • I just wish I could dismiss the special offer notification icon. That'd be the real end game reward.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    I just wish I could dismiss the special offer notification icon. That'd be the real end game reward.

You can for $99.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH