Any idea what they are doing?

Prev1345
luckyluke22
4 posts Member
edited January 2020
there is no content. nothing to do except playing the daily activities daily and sometimes a raid and some TW. takes 20 minutes. rest of the time you wait for next day to do the same. you can not login and play some mode to grind some gear or whatever.

then the only gear you really need is stun guns for almost every character which you have to wait for or buy.

so this whole game is about waiting?

the Q&A of the devs was pointless. they just said we did bad, must do better maybe then in the future.

triple A Games like call of duty do playlist , game blance updates once a week and it's way harder to code then this Game I know. so what is the devs issue? lack of funding? only 1 employee?

Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• I don't like how they ran all the events for Christmas week, and basically removed any events from the previous and following months to compensate.

They have said that they're working on new systems for this year, and realistically this will mean a lot of work for them, and a lot of waiting for us.
  • 'Reviewing' the sales success of the Hyperdrive and Relic bundles from Christmas Life Day.
    s6oi2.jpg
  • Eutus
    232 posts Member
    It sucks that there arnt other areas of star wars media to explore. Or recent a movie. Or threads full of content suggestions.
  • VaexquaGer wrote: »
    ad0grnxp0xtc.jpg

I count 3 devs on the image. so that shouldn't be the issue then.

already thought it's developed by 1 guy. :D

when I sometimes login and see a new pack available. I tell myself thank god something is happening.
  • Their 1 computer broke down. Hope it gets fixed soon.
  • luckyluke22
    4 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    If you owned a business and offered bare minimum and still raked in serious cash each month would you change anything? Let me answer that for you, no you wouldn't so I wouldn't expect them to either. #facts

I kind of understand the business idea. They just play the waiting game with the players. wait or pay to keep up with the best.

but I ask myself what they are doing all day. must be really boring.

to design a character takes maybe 1-2 weeks with 5 normal gifted coders/designer and they should understand the engine by now. call of duty for example is adding new outfits every 2 weeks.

add new daily challenges with actual level dependent gear for higher level players to actually play or also "sim" maybe 10 minutes of work.
    adding new levels to assault battles maybe 1 working day.

a raid maybe 1 month.

but a new character is celebrated like it's 1 year of hard work :D

they could at least add a daily mode where you have to fight 10 random battles with rising difficulty to get 1 stun gun or something like that. it's 1 hour of work maybe to add this.

and what really feels odd is that they never redesign old characters like darth vader for example. just add a new one and the new one is the strongest :D

• We should hear something very soon. Disney apparently has lifted the spoiler ban for TROS, and that’s the next stuff coming to the game, so I would assume part of the lack of updates aside from the Q and A is them waiting to be able to talk about what’s coming GL events, new ships, etc.).
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    Thread summary:

tumblr_obylt4tPKn1rdh5j2o8_r1_250.gifv
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Developing, probably.
    People love to rag on them, but they do a great job coming up with new kits. The kit releases usually have new and interesting abilities and lately they have new faction-specific buffs that are very powerful when used properly. Some fans like to brainstorm kits for new/improved characters, but they are almost always derivative in nature ... the devs do a much better job branching out into new areas.
    Yeah, they do a fine job developing new stuff. What they don't do so well is sniffing out all the bugs before kit release.
  • Nothing.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    If you owned a business and offered bare minimum and still raked in serious cash each month would you change anything? Let me answer that for you, no you wouldn't so I wouldn't expect them to either. #facts

I would, if only for the Sense of Pride and Accomplishment.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • At this rate maybe we'll get something for 4/20
  • Looking at profit projections and business stuff trying to figure out how to squeeze more money
  • leef wrote: »

I would, if only for the Sense of Pride and Accomplishment.

I'd imagine it would be hard for some people to feel pride and accomplishment when their revenue model preys on addiction. Then again, there are plenty of people out there who have no ethics and wouldn't be bothered by such a thing.
  • NEW PACKS!!!
  • I wonder where they are going to find players for their big new game. No way I'm ever getting anywhere near another CG product, and I have to imagine that's not a rare sentiment.
  • Developing, probably.
    People love to rag on them, but they do a great job coming up with new kits. The kit releases usually have new and interesting abilities and lately they have new faction-specific buffs that are very powerful when used properly. ...

Yeah, faction specific abilities are totally "great job" and not an obvious cover up for them not testing interactions with "plug and play" characters like Hux was advertised to be.
  • Amoliski wrote: »
    I wonder where they are going to find players for their big new game. No way I'm ever getting anywhere near another CG product, and I have to imagine that's not a rare sentiment.

They have a new game they're working on? Last I knew, GOH was their only project.
  • Absolutely nothing if their communication is any sort of clue.

Personally I love how in their recent Q&A’s they’ve admitted how their communication and lack of content in 2019 was troubling and would be changed and nearly a month into the new year we have...zero communication and new content.

Wonderful 🤪
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Absolutely nothing if their communication is any sort of clue.

Personally I love how in their recent Q&A’s they’ve admitted how their communication and lack of content in 2019 was troubling and would be changed and nearly a month into the new year we have...zero communication and new content.

Wonderful 🤪

[ ] nearly a month
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • they're out to lunch. literally and figuratively
    I wonder where they are going to find players for their big new game. No way I'm ever getting anywhere near another CG product, and I have to imagine that's not a rare sentiment.

Same here.
  • They are brainstorming new ideas on how to make pack prices stay the same while lessening what people get when they purchase packs.
  • Sick of them forcing us to g13 and relic 7 stuff we wouldn’t work on otherwise.

Just seen a video of a guy doing the special LSGeO special mission that gives Mundi shards. All toons used were g13 and relic 7 and he lost every toon in the fight except for one -.-.

They have a new game they're working on? Last I knew, GOH was their only project.

For a bit now, think maybe fall or even end of summer their website has had a teaser about a new game
  • VaexquaGer wrote: »

What is still there? SWGOH? Or a statement that a video game studio is working on more than 1 game at a time :shocked_face:?!?! Oh my goodness, how dare this studio have the audacity to work on multiple games
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q