Malevolence bug, maybe?

jonnysiniwal
675 posts Member
edited January 2020
Or maybe it is vulture droid? The vulture droid summoned after it is defeated is being treated as one of those summoned by the malevolence? It disappears if there are no other summoned ships. Is this intended? It does not say so under the ships description so this doesn't seem to be working as intended. Anyone else notice this?
Post edited by jonnysiniwal on

Replies

• Options
    A summoned vulture droid is acting like.... a summoned vulture droid?
  • Options
    It is acting as one summoned upon using a malevolence ability, not as described under the vulture droid description. If this is intended it could be reworded to be more clear about the interaction.
  • Options
    It is acting as one summoned upon using a malevolence ability, not as described under the vulture droid description. If this is intended it could be reworded to be more clear about the interaction.

Why would the vulture droids summoned by Malevolence act like the normal player vulture droid, instead of how they are described in Malevolence's kit?
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options
    It is a little confusing to people who just got the malevolence, a description of the vulture droids or stating that the summoned vulture droids disappear once your regular ships are defeated would be a good idea.
    It'd also be nice to know which vultures were summoned and which was your original
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • jonnysiniwal
    675 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Options

Why would the vulture droids summoned by Malevolence act like the normal player vulture droid, instead of how they are described in Malevolence's kit?

You didn't read what I said. The normal vulture droid we farm is acting as the ones summoned by using malevolence abilities. It does not say that the resummoned vulture droid should disappear in the kit description.If it is WAI fine, but it should say that in the vulture droid kit
  • Options

You didn't read what I said. The normal vulture droid we farm is acting as the ones summoned by using malevolence abilities. It does not say that the resummoned vulture droid should disappear in the kit description.If it is WAI fine, but it should say that in the vulture droid kit

See, you didn't say that at all in your OP
    Or maybe it is vulture droid? The summoned vulture droid after it is defeated is being treated as one of those summoned by the malevolence? It disappears if there are no other summoned ships. Is this intended? It does not say so under the ships description so this doesn't seem to be working as intended. Anyone else notice this?

This says the summoned vulture droid is being treated as summoned by mal. I will be honest, not the most familiar with this fleets mechanics, but this doesn't read like the player ship is acting wrong.

now, this does seem odd if the player ship's resummons are acting like the cap ship summons.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • jonnysiniwal
    675 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    The summoned vulture droid after it is defeated is being treated as one of those summoned by the malevolence? It disappears if there are no other summoned ships. Is this intended? It does not say so under the ships description so this doesn't seem to be working as intended. Anyone else notice this?

I certainly did say it. Maybe it wasn't clear but there it is :P

I cleaned up the wording for clarity. But if you are familiar with the kit it should have made sense. If not familiar with the kit why comment?
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    It does say in the 3rd ability description that if this unit is defeated it will summon another vulture droid if the capital ship is separatist and IF there is another allied combatant. So if all other allied ships are gone then the vulture will fade away into oblivion. It is WAI
  • Options
    Kokie wrote: »
    It does say in the 3rd ability description that if this unit is defeated it will summon another vulture droid if the capital ship is separatist and IF there is another allied combatant. So if all other allied ships are gone then the vulture will fade away into oblivion. It is WAI

Hmm, that is about summoning the vulture droid. It has nothing to do with having it fade upon defeat of other allied ships. I see what you are saying, and I am fine if that is how it is intended, but the wording is still not clear.
  • Options
    It would be very nice to have a marker to know which will fade away and which is the original.
  • Options
    Ltswb1 wrote: »
    It would be very nice to have a marker to know which will fade away and which is the original.

They are different color
  • Options
    I need a bigger phone...

3mhpayltvyzn.jpg
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    Goku_Black wrote: »
    Ltswb1 wrote: »

They are different color

Exactly. Right one is the original Vulture, on first pic before and on second after resummoning:
    q0dhf5m70k4i.jpeg
    lpjqisif8bn8.jpeg
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Now THERE’S a question for the art team!
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Tiig
    296 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    The one with more max health is the original. Pretty good rule of thumb.5ex04dcdznfr.jpeg
    In this it’s the one up the top.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    If it summons another when it dies, it's the original.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Calx
    112 posts Member
    Options
    C3PO's Wait for Me!: When there are no other allied combatants, C-3PO escapes from battle.

Hermit Yoda's In Exile: If there are no other allied combatants at the start of a turn, Yoda escapes from the battle.

Wat Tambor's Overseer: If there are no other allied combatants at the start of a turn, Wat escapes from battle.

ARC Trooper Blaster Turret: When there are n oother allied combatants, this object escapes from battle.

The descriptions for Vulture Droid and Malevolence do not have this wording anywhere. Thus, it's reasonable to assume that they should persist until defeated, like Nightsister Zombie.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Are you sure you are not forgetting which one is which? Without pics or video, id say its WAI and you just confused yourself.

Likewise, i can garuntee you dont want to change the way it looks or mark it by default.

I ignore the summoned vultures and lay waste to the main fleet.... if you give me a super clear indicator of which is a summon and which isnt.... you will remove the one chance that i waste my time on the wrong vulture.

You need me to forget, or his kit is not helping you much

Post edited by ShaggyB on
  • Options
    Calx wrote: »
    C3PO's Wait for Me!: When there are no other allied combatants, C-3PO escapes from battle.

Hermit Yoda's In Exile: If there are no other allied combatants at the start of a turn, Yoda escapes from the battle.

Wat Tambor's Overseer: If there are no other allied combatants at the start of a turn, Wat escapes from battle.

ARC Trooper Blaster Turret: When there are n oother allied combatants, this object escapes from battle.

The descriptions for Vulture Droid and Malevolence do not have this wording anywhere. Thus, it's reasonable to assume that they should persist until defeated, like Nightsister Zombie.

They will add the text to vulture and malevolence in the next update to fix this bug. Most likely result...
  • jonnysiniwal
    675 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Calx wrote: »

They will add the text to vulture and malevolence in the next update to fix this bug. Most likely result...

That is fine by me. It just would have been nice to know so I could play accordingly instead of losing those matches because the text wasn't accurate