A change to new characters

Drim
359 posts Member
I think it’s time to change how we get new characters. The game is 4+ years old. The packs need to drop x3 times the shards. I don’t see how new characters are driving any kind of revenue there just to expensive. You will make more on the back end in relics and gear purchasing etc. just my 2c

Replies

• If their data supported it, they would do it. The fact that they don't is telling.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Shards are still the same, it's the gearing that needs a major overhaul. G1 - 11 or even 12 should be possible in a matter of days, now that relics are required pretty much everywhere.
  • Drim wrote: »
    I think it’s time to change how we get new characters. The game is 4+ years old. The packs need to drop x3 times the shards. I don’t see how new characters are driving any kind of revenue there just to expensive. You will make more on the back end in relics and gear purchasing etc. just my 2c

Why, People buy the packs as they are?
  • If you are farming you are not spending therefore they don't care what you/I think.
    Fyi I have done several pieces of gear where I farmed the gear on a node spending 150 crystals a day 50x3. Not counting free energy which I used to farm other stuff. I almost always got it cheaper than spending 700-875 crystals for 25 pieces in the store. Drop rates are 10%-20% (yes even on stun guns). The stores are there if you want/need it quick. Farming nodes are there if you want it effecent.
    This is gear but the same is true for character shards when looking at Crystal spends vs farm and refreshes. OVER TIME!! That is.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    Shards are still the same, it's the gearing that needs a major overhaul. G1 - 11 or even 12 should be possible in a matter of days, now that relics are required pretty much everywhere.

Why not a full roster of r7 toons while we’re at it!
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Krashxxxx wrote: »
    If you are farming you are not spending therefore they don't care what you/I think.
    Fyi I have done several pieces of gear where I farmed the gear on a node spending 150 crystals a day 50x3. Not counting free energy which I used to farm other stuff. I almost always got it cheaper than spending 700-875 crystals for 25 pieces in the store. Drop rates are 10%-20% (yes even on stun guns). The stores are there if you want/need it quick. Farming nodes are there if you want it effecent.
    This is gear but the same is true for character shards when looking at Crystal spends vs farm and refreshes. OVER TIME!! That is.

If it wasn't cheaper to farm than to buy, no one would spend crystals on refreshes, they'd just buy them since it's quicker. Time = money.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »

You don't get the point. What use is g11 in the current state of the game? Nowhere near arena, TB, new legendaries, presumably the new raid too. Might as well make it almost free. The real crunch comes with relics now.
  • Hmm let’s see what’s more valid.

Professional business analysts reviewing data and trends based on the games revenue setup

Or

Some dude online.

Yeah CG should definitely change their business strategy...
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member

You don't get the point. What use is g11 in the current state of the game? Nowhere near arena, TB, new legendaries, presumably the new raid too. Might as well make it almost free. The real crunch comes with relics now.

G11 works just fine for many toons in DS Geo TB and GAC.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nauros wrote: »

Cough GAC cough cough DSGTB cough cough Raids cough cough cough cough stop trying so hard to make the game easier for you it won’t happen ever cough cough.

Dang I must’ve gotten the flu
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member

giphy.gif
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Nauros wrote: »

I thought G11 was possible in a matter of days... odd. When I decide to gear someone it usually takes 2-3 days of focused effort to G11 that person. Only slowdown to that now is kyros. Carbanti and stun guns is quick if you have guild and shard currency saved.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Daishi wrote: »

I thought G11 was possible in a matter of days... odd. When I decide to gear someone it usually takes 2-3 days of focused effort to G11 that person. Only slowdown to that now is kyros. Carbanti and stun guns is quick if you have guild and shard currency saved.

Carbs, yes.

Guns, only if you get very lucky with the shard shop.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH