I can't stand LSTB

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    On one hand, it's borderline pointless to even try with most teams. On the other hand, the rewards are good even for just a few stars, so I'm fine with it.
  • CEG9876 wrote: »
    Do Hoth? Not really that difficult. This is an end game game mode, they have an easier one for you to do 👍
    CEG9876 wrote: »
    Do Hoth? Not really that difficult. This is an end game game mode, they have an easier one for you to do 👍

Is it though? Please explain why endgame can't complete it then.

Because we’re not at end game level yet. Obviously more content will be coming.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Is it though? Please explain why endgame can't complete it then. P1 sure and possibly p2 but is there anyone in this universe that has 4/4 in p3 or p4? I don't think there is but I could be wrong.

I dont agree and hate this event. I used to love TB over TW. This Geo LSTB is for end game down the road. Not right now end game. They shouldn't have put it out till later this year when their next big F up happens.

Lvl 90 or 95, relic 10 and additional abilites etc.

It is a bad business decision and CG is a bad company. Period.

Because it's endgame for a year from now, not endgame for now. You're looking at now now. When will then be now? "Soon!"

That's why we don't have "new" content for the last few months, they were working on content for 2021 already and since they only have 3 computers, it takes a while to get a turn.
  • G12 JTR can 4/4 the bottom zone in P1 with no G13s....
    Just saying......

Tried this team. I watched the videos about it. Took my team in, I lost THREE characters before I even got to move. With BB8 and one other I got to do BB8's wiggle and one other attack and lost the last two.

So it's "possible", but RNG gets a vote too. Some days the RNG doesn't play well with others and just wipes you before you can even take a turn.

Just saying....

Is it though? Please explain why endgame can't complete it then. P1 sure and possibly p2 but is there anyone in this universe that has 4/4 in p3 or p4? I don't think there is but I could be wrong.

If you mean 4/4 in combat missions then yes, in p3 with Padmè and shaak ti teams both.
    Neither team max relic'd but pretty close, having platoons filled to an extent is the big helper there, the waves dont really feel like they get that much harder the further you go.
  • SithVicious
    1283 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Whatelse73 wrote: »

Because it's endgame for a year from now, not endgame for now. You're looking at now now. When will then be now? "Soon!"

That's why we don't have "new" content for the last few months, they were working on content for 2021 already and since they only have 3 computers, it takes a while to get a turn.

Huh? I’m not following your line of thinking. I said we’re not at the end game level yet and then you said I’m looking at now? Clearly I’m not. This TB was obviously designed to not be conquered for a long while.
    The more I read your post, the more confused I get about what your point is, assuming there is one.

Edit: I put “not” in the wrong place
    Post edited by SithVicious on
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Lysandrax wrote: »

Doesn't even make sense.

To you perhaps.

Doesn't even make sense.

To you perhaps.

No because the plot of the movie was about the planet killer.
    So your point doesnt make sense.
    Lysandrax wrote: »

Doesn't even make sense.

To you perhaps.

The planet killer is not the planet killed. If they said Death Starred, then maybe.
    Lysandrax wrote: »

Doesn't even make sense.

To you perhaps.

The planet killer is not the planet killed. If they said Death Starred, then maybe.

By default it isn't a planet killer until it kills a planet, which was alderaan.
    Claiming it was forgotten about half an hour later or that the destruction was blown out of proportion is what doesn't make sense.

By default it isn't a planet killer until it kills a planet, which was alderaan.
    Claiming it was forgotten about half an hour later or that the destruction was blown out of proportion is what doesn't make sense.

Yeah, but let's be honest, you forgot about Alderaan through the rest of the film when you first watched it. And the destruction wasn't blown out of proportion, Alderaan was.
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »

Huh? I’m not following your line of thinking. I said we’re not at the end game level yet and then you said I’m looking at now? Clearly I’m not. This TB was obviously designed to not be conquered for a long while.
    The more I read your post, the more confused I get about what your point is, assuming there is one.

Edit: I put “not” in the wrong place

We're all confused. If you understand SWGOH, you don't know what's going on.

Because they're not end game yet.

They were before this released, but then Light Side Geonosis pushed the end game content further down the line. It's kind of like if you were playing WoW back in ye olden days and were a level 60 with full raid gear, then Burning Crusade comes out and you're mad because you can't do whatever the biggest raid in that one was after the first couple weeks.

It's a map that's intended for a full guild with MULTIPLE R7 teams each. And not just the topmost meta teams. You need multiple jedi teams.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »

They were before this released, but then Light Side Geonosis pushed the end game content further down the line. It's kind of like if you were playing WoW back in ye olden days and were a level 60 with full raid gear, then Burning Crusade comes out and you're mad because you can't do whatever the biggest raid in that one was after the first couple weeks.

It's a map that's intended for a full guild with MULTIPLE R7 teams each. And not just the topmost meta teams. You need multiple jedi teams.

Slight aside, while I’m not thrilled with the level of difficulty of this TB, I (and a good portion of my guild) feel like we are coming to terms with it, and starting to get a handle on most of the prerequisites and gear/modding to at least have some level of success - with one notable exception - those multiple Jedi teams.

While (from all appearances) it is intended that the phases requiring a second Jedi team are intended for the use of the special character reward of the TB (Ki-Adi Mundi/KAM), with the alternate likely intended to be a JKR team.
    Of course, even the whaliest of whale guilds are looking at least another 5 months to 7 star KAM, with the rest of us likely looking at a year or more before he is available for use (in the TB).

So be it, we aren’t going to master it until then. Not great news, but... fine, whatevers.

So, my question here is, has anyone out there found a second Jedi lineup (Outside of JKR) that we can use to at least complete a wave or two so we aren’t completely wasting our time on those missions until that time?

(Special bonus points awarded if it is a line up that doesn’t use the ‘standard’ Jedi characters that are more or less already spoken for in existing teams that are also used In the TB - the likes of JKA/GK/Snips with Padme, GAS or Shaak ti with the clones, or both yodas/Jolee/Bastila with JKR)

Thanks much!
  • TheJEFFtm wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »

Slight aside, while I’m not thrilled with the level of difficulty of this TB, I (and a good portion of my guild) feel like we are coming to terms with it, and starting to get a handle on most of the prerequisites and gear/modding to at least have some level of success - with one notable exception - those multiple Jedi teams.

While (from all appearances) it is intended that the phases requiring a second Jedi team are intended for the use of the special character reward of the TB (Ki-Adi Mundi/KAM), with the alternate likely intended to be a JKR team.
    Of course, even the whaliest of whale guilds are looking at least another 5 months to 7 star KAM, with the rest of us likely looking at a year or more before he is available for use (in the TB).

So be it, we aren’t going to master it until then. Not great news, but... fine, whatevers.

So, my question here is, has anyone out there found a second Jedi lineup (Outside of JKR) that we can use to at least complete a wave or two so we aren’t completely wasting our time on those missions until that time?

(Special bonus points awarded if it is a line up that doesn’t use the ‘standard’ Jedi characters that are more or less already spoken for in existing teams that are also used In the TB - the likes of JKA/GK/Snips with Padme, GAS or Shaak ti with the clones, or both yodas/Jolee/Bastila with JKR)

Thanks much!

That's a point I sort of hinted at in my post but didn't really elaborate on. I don't think people are going to find a reliable jedi team to clear a couple waves for a while. Not that one doesn't exist, but that we just don't have the resources to find it yet. We can all theorycraft what we think that team might look like, but because most of our rosters are pretty thin on the ground when it comes to relic characters we won't get a chance to test it for a while.

We're most of us still in the phase where we're applying relics to the topmost meta, even if we were end game before we're not any more. We don't have the g13s to spare to start working on second jedi teams on a speculative basis.

Aaaaaanyway, that said, I think Aayla, Plo Koon, and Kit Fisto would be useful here. The challenge in these CMs seems mostly to be getting rid of B1 and B2--Droideka and the assassinbots are a pain, but they're manageable without the constant attacks from those jerkbots. Plo and Kit have AoEs to get around taunts and to hit multiple jerkbots at once, Kit and Aayla have counterattacks and potential bonus attacks on their basic (Kit's is himself, Aayla is an assist from someone else), and Plo has the handy TM boost special as well as a dispel on his basic to take care of taunts. I don't know who would be a decent leader, but when I don't know I default to Qui Gon for his speed boost as well as the foresight he can give. Who's your fifth? No idea. Will this work? Probably not--early game jedi are notoriously squishy. BUT who has them at an appropriate relic level to try it out? And there we get back to the problem I mentioned above.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I will say LSTB is def not fun. It’s a gp dump.
    I can’t really see how this is going to be left untouched difficulty wise.

Maybe there is a level and mod increase coming as I can’t see any other way to complete this, with these current Toons (especially Jedi)
  • The truth is p1/day 1 SHOULD have been reasonably difficult but possible with g12 and g13. Then progressing to unreasonable difficulty in later phases. The real miss on this TB was making the very first battles nearly impossible even for players with high relic squads. (See DS Geo TB). Yes I know some of you will point out your successes as proof that it is not that bad. But it seems that the MAJORITY of players hate this TB. The real shame is most of us were looking forward to it. That is why we are so upset by it.
    So go ahead trolls and bullies, tell me how wrong I am. Tell me to play better or whale harder. Make a joke of it. But this is our game too. And we would like to be able to play the new "content" at least a little, not just deploy.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Krashxxxx wrote: »
    The truth is p1/day 1 SHOULD have been reasonably difficult but possible with g12 and g13. Then progressing to unreasonable difficulty in later phases. The real miss on this TB was making the very first battles nearly impossible even for players with high relic squads. (See DS Geo TB). Yes I know some of you will point out your successes as proof that it is not that bad. But it seems that the MAJORITY of players hate this TB. The real shame is most of us were looking forward to it. That is why we are so upset by it.
    So go ahead trolls and bullies, tell me how wrong I am. Tell me to play better or whale harder. Make a joke of it. But this is our game too. And we would like to be able to play the new "content" at least a little, not just deploy.

It may surprise you, but I agree about phase 1. It's too hard right out of the gate. They did the same with DS Hoth when it was introduced, and they course corrected after a month or two I think. They should do the same here as well.

None of this makes people who disagree with you trolls or bullies however.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member

Simple answer is because endgame doesnt mean what people think it means. At one point sith raid was "endgame". Just because you are a top tier player in a top tier guild doesnt mean you can fully clear stuff, and that's okay!

Right now this event is just difficult, probably around 3-6 months from now it wont be quite as difficult. Still challenging, but not as difficult. They dont want people maxing it in a few months.

What I really dont understand is why people have to full clear something in order to feel like they doing well? Progress is progress, be happy with that. Focus on Padme and clone teams and you will start to see it.
  • If you want easy then play hoth. If geo was beatable then people would be complaining in a few months how boring the game is and we need more challenging content. Geo tb is obviously tuned for a future progression just like hoth TB, sith raid, etc...
  • Geo LSTB is probably an attempt to get people to quit. They can run away with all the cash they grabbed from whales before they switch to their new game they're working on.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Geo LSTB is probably an attempt to get people to quit. They can run away with all the cash they grabbed from whales before they switch to their new game they're working on.

Why would they try to kill a game that is making a killing?
  • TVF wrote: »
    Geo LSTB is probably an attempt to get people to quit. They can run away with all the cash they grabbed from whales before they switch to their new game they're working on.

Clever.
  • I’d love to see their data on how many guilds are banging their collective heads off the LS Geo and how many are just doing Hoth. Games are supposed to be fun. Challenging yes, but also fun.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Clever girl

• Monel
    2776 posts Member
    I’d love to see their data on how many guilds are banging their collective heads off the LS Geo and how many are just doing Hoth. Games are supposed to be fun. Challenging yes, but also fun.

My guild is doing it. So that's 1, some of us dont mind it and some of us hate it, but we all want that GET 2 for Malevolence or Negotiator farms. So we take our 14, possibly 15 stars this time and are proud of our edforts.