Arena payout rules change proposal

What would You think about changing Arena payout rules: payout from Arena at the same hour as dailies reset, and reward accordingly to the highest position in Arena that player has reached during last 24h? It would put an end to shard chats, and players would be no longer enslaved to play during last hour before payout. I think that it would increase players engagement in Arena and be more fair in general without any real downside for players. Would You like a change like that?

Replies

• Options
    you just gave the exact reason they wont do this in your own argument to do it.
    "it would increase players engagement in Arena"
    they would be giving out more crystals and that would "upset the economy" the same reason they refuse to give more stun guns etc out
  • Kudlaty
    106 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    I’m aware that it’s highly unlikely for CG to introduce that change, my question was different: would You personally like it? It’s different than giving something for free - you still need to have a good team and you actually have to play the game. As for “upset the economy” it would only reduce gear crunch a tiny bit, people wouldn’t get some crazy amount of rewards from it. From CG point of view, of course they would give away more rewards than they’re giving now, but in return they would have more engaged (so more likely to spend) players. Additionally they would achieve healthier environment due to disappearing of shard chats and that again could increase player engagement and competitiveness (and spending) even more. Last but not least it would allow players to be able to play Arena whole day, because as it is now, in most shards it’s extremely unwelcome to advance your rank outside of your payout hour.
  • Options
    The issue becomes that currently the top rank gets paid to 24 people per shard per day. By awarding the top ranking you achieved in a day, it opens it up to thousands of extra crystals per shard entering the economy just for 1st place. It's unlikely that this will be noticable to individual players, but could do weird things on a larger scale.
  • Options
    Ok, so Your only argument is that people generally shouldn’t receive more crystals (and gear crunch is good too :wink: ), because that would do what exactly? Make them spend less? Diminish advantage that currently people in shard chats have? If You would buy more than 2-3 refreshes to climb every day it would reduce that crazy amount of crystals that You would receive in payout. Please also take into consideration that people are already receiving some rewards, so to calculate increase of crystals You should do it like that: “Crystals flow increase” = “new reward tier” - “current reward tier” - “crystals spent on refreshes”.
  • Options
    Bruh.

So you are basically saying that 100+ people should be able to get rank 1 rewards every day...

This would unbalance CG’s whole economy and they would either make events even harder to complete (force gearing) or increase their prices or add new gear tiers again.

I don’t wanna be another person hating on your idea but sorry man
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    "Kudlaty wrote: »
    As for “upset the economy” it would only reduce gear crunch a tiny bit, people wouldn’t get some crazy amount of rewards from it.

I don't believe, you've thought this through.
  • Options
    I've never said the gear crunch is good, but the gear crunch (and other crunches) is what earns the game money. Upsetting the economy to this degree (1000s of crystals per shard per day) will most definitely lead to other changes being made to ensure profits remain unchanged.

On a macro scale, if everyone played exactly as they do daily, it would greatly impact the encoding economy, as no one would lose rewards. This is a wild guess, but it is also likely that large groups of players could organize to maximize their rewards. For instance, I believe you can get from 78-1 with just one refresh. With some organization, that gives 78 people 450 crystals per day (500-50). Currently, the top 72 each day (top 3 each hour) averages 450 per day before factoring in refreshes. It's a harder math problem then I'm willing to do to figure out how many refreshes will be needed, but everyone outside the top 30ish at any point needs at least 1 refresh to get to the top 3.

Yes, my argument makes many assumptions, but figuring out the best/worst case scenario generally gives you an idea as to what people think about when trying to make these decisions. Since it's probably thousands of crystals per shard per day just on the top 3 in the best/worst case scenario, so I doubt it will happen.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    pass
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    It would be a very f2p/ casual player friendly change so most people including cg will say no. Personally I'd love to be able to ladder whenever I wanted within 24 hours hit first and be done with it
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    The most effective way to achieve a high rank is to do all your arena battles back to back, lessening the chance that you get knocked back during your climb. So why not pick a convenient time to do it each day, and just change your payout to accomodate that time? This is the devs solution to this, and it's probably what we've got until they decide to deemphasize arenas for crystal income (something they're alluded to several times).
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    Interesting idea, but I don't think shard chats would go away. They would just change in nature. It would become expected of you after you make your climb to 1 to set a trash defense team for others to immediately follow.
  • Options
    It could be good or bad. I can generally get in the 30's right now. I'm still running a DR/Malak team. My Bastilla is up to 292 speed, but I encounter many a mirror team that has +300 Bastillas. Not to mention my DR needs higher speed mods, since I am almost always outclassed. Even if I ran my five attempts essentially back to back with just waiting the cooldown time between matches, I doubt I could hit top 10. The five attempts in succession would probably become the model going forward for this type of payout scheme. That could mean you take quite a tumble after hitting the top if you are unlucky enough to get targeted several times in a row in short succession.