Anyone find the LSGeoTB Fun

Replies

• Options
    No it is absolutely awful.
  • Options
    Not really but it is much quicker and a similar level of fun to the original one and pressing auto.

The DS Geo TB is a challenge and is where I mostly actually play the thing.

Various bits of new content are impossible when first launched. HSTR took people a while and HAAT I think was nerfed as too hard. Now neither is any challenge at all. All this is fine as long as development makes it realistic, at least to do adequately, sooner rather than later. There is little point though in having content become obsolete within a couple of months and then shouts of boring.

Anyway, I am glass half full rather than half empty on this but only marginally so.
  • Options
    Nope. It’s trash.

I have an r7 G$ team, and I have gone both 4/4 and 0/4 with it on p1 using the same strategy. I can sometimes complete a few waves with my relic Padmé team, but I’ve also gone 0/4 with it due to a full health/protection r7 Kenobi getting melted in one hit.

This TB and the dev response is proof to me that they don’t actually care about making a good product. They are just priming the krakens to be less resistant to a new progression systems since so many complained about g13 and relics coming out right on top of each other. This is their punishment for objecting to being milked.
  • Options
    thomssi wrote: »
    Not really but it is much quicker and a similar level of fun to the original one and pressing auto.

The DS Geo TB is a challenge and is where I mostly actually play the thing.

Various bits of new content are impossible when first launched. HSTR took people a while and HAAT I think was nerfed as too hard. Now neither is any challenge at all. All this is fine as long as development makes it realistic, at least to do adequately, sooner rather than later. There is little point though in having content become obsolete within a couple of months and then shouts of boring.

Anyway, I am glass half full rather than half empty on this but only marginally so.

But it would be nice to be able to work on a team and have it survive more than phase 1 of a combat mission on day 1. With people saying their relic 7 characters are getting destroyed, doesn't make winning sound realistic.
  • Options
    It's possible to get 4/4 with ShaakTi and Padme squads. They do need to be strong, but not all maxed. Those battles can be fun. The others...not as much.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    It's a blast......next question?
  • Options
    I personally find it funny you try the special missions with the best you have you are getting wiped out in 50 sec you deploy and it’s over.
  • Options
    Right now, nope. BUT the content is designed to hold a year (or two). We will see an Level increase (90) and additional abilities via Relics. So give it time.
  • StarSon
    7437 posts Member
    Options
    No, nothing about it is fun. Made even worse by the knowledge that full r7 synergy teams can't even 4/4 regularly in p1 and CG has "no plans" for releasing a way to make that not awful. Maybe it'll be fun in a year or so.
  • StarSon
    7437 posts Member
    Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    Nope. It’s trash.

I have an r7 G$ team, and I have gone both 4/4 and 0/4 with it on p1 using the same strategy. I can sometimes complete a few waves with my relic Padmé team, but I’ve also gone 0/4 with it due to a full health/protection r7 Kenobi getting melted in one hit.

This TB and the dev response is proof to me that they don’t actually care about making a good product. They are just priming the krakens to be less resistant to a new progression systems since so many complained about g13 and relics coming out right on top of each other. This is their punishment for objecting to being milked.

Also, this, 100%. LSTB makes it clear that no one at CG cares if we have fun playing their game.
  • Options
    It's like eating stale bread.
  • Options
    I’ve had the thought that this difficulty level is just a troll job from the devs to the community. Oh you want new content here you go, oh it’s borderline unplayable too bad you just asked for new content not new playable content.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    No, nothing about it is fun. Made even worse by the knowledge that full r7 synergy teams can't even 4/4 regularly in p1 and CG has "no plans" for releasing a way to make that not awful. Maybe it'll be fun in a year or so.

maybe full r7 synergy teams aren't the best to use in certain cases. I know I never would have thought to use bistan and cls in p3 of hsth
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • StarSon
    7437 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »

maybe full r7 synergy teams aren't the best to use in certain cases. I know I never would have thought to use bistan and cls in p3 of hsth

No, maybe they aren't. For instance, we have found that GAS lead just isn't good in this TB. But it's p1. Why is there even a slight change that a full r7 squad can't 4/4? It's asinine and not fun.

Also, even when a full r7 squad *can* go 4/4 in p1, next time maybe it won't clear even a single wave. That is even *more* asinine and less fun.
  • Options
    I enjoy hitting the button to collect rewards
  • Options
    I like it, as an officer.
    Just track who deployed and whos not, dont have to care who did battles and whos not anymore - ppl steamrolled at wave 1 anyway.
  • Options
    It's getting better. Got 4/4 today with the G12 JTR team. 2/4 with padme and 1/4 with JKR. Havent tried KAM mission yet. Getting some results and there is room for improvement.
  • Krashxxxx
    226 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Yep it is great, not. Deploy, wait 36 hours, deploy, repeat.
    But you think this is bad, wait until you see the next raid they launch.
  • Options
    Is it fun? No, not yet.

But I find it rewarding. Both in terms of what loot I get out of it in exchange for the effort I put in (I do as much as I can, but I only have two teams that can clear waves, so I use them then I mass deploy where my guild tells me to) and in terms of seeing steady improvements over time.

The first time I ran it I could barely kill a single enemy. The second time I cleared a wave with the help of platoon bonuses in p2. The third time I cleared p1 waves without platoons. This time I’ve cleared p1 and p2 waves and have won a fleet battle.

Every time the event runs it gets a little easier as I can do a little more and get a little further. I’m seeing slow but steady improvements in my performance every time and that feels rewarding, too.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    We ran Hoth this time. I'd rather be working my gas off trying to beat 1 wave of Geo than autoing all the Hoth battles.
  • Options
    Yeah it’s honestly one of the best game modes CG has released tbh.

It rewards investment and skill. I mean, it’s an ACTUAL challenge and I like that.

Plus the rewards are just amazing I mean for the challenging gameplay it’s just a wonderful experience for my guild mates and I.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Baby_Yoda wrote: »

It rewards investment and skill. I mean, it’s an ACTUAL challenge and I like that.

Plus the rewards are just amazing I mean for the challenging gameplay it’s just a wonderful experience for my guild mates and I.

You forgot it tastes good, AND good for you
  • Options
    Awful. They did this to be lazy so they don't have to make anything new for us to go through.

To be honest I think they wanted DSTB to be this hard but miffed it, "on a decimal point or some mundane mistake."
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    R_Val_17 wrote: »
    Awful. They did this to be lazy so they don't have to make anything new for us to go through.

To be honest I think they wanted DSTB to be this hard but miffed it, "on a decimal point or some mundane mistake."

More likely they intended to release relic upgrades or something else by now that would make things easier, and for some reason were unable.
  • Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

You forgot sarcasm
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

You forgot sarcasm

Look harder