Suggestion: Include Marquees to the Journey Guide?

Greetings,
as I haven’t played for one year, I have missed all character- and ship- Marquees since Joleen Bindo to Shaak Ti. I know that this is my own fault.

But what about new players?
They never had the chance to get a first impression of certain characters.
To get the first 50 shards (saving an entire month of farming).
Etc.

CG once said that they want to make it easier for Newcomers and returning Players to catch up. This would be a first step in the right direction in my opinion.

They don’t have to be included to the journey Guide. To show up in regular intervals would be enough.

Regards.
SWGoH

Replies

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    I think missing out on the events is compensated by the fact they are now immediately farmable for any new player.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    I dont think you should get the rewards.... but replaying the bonus mission from each could be fun
  • JoPrime wrote: »

Like CCryliS indicated, that is at least the amount of time active players had to wait before being able to farm, often longer it seems.
    Additionally, new players have the advantage of knowing what marquee toons are not worth farming with minimal research. Example, I doubt many educated new players are going to grind for Baze. That is way more beneficial than a trial run marquee event.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Well. In German, marquees are classified as „recurring events“.
    Accordingly, it’s a mistake those events happened once only so far!
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Kalano wrote: »
    Well. In German, marquees are classified as „recurring events“.

In English it's a canopy projecting over the entrance to a theater, hotel, or other building, so you get a free one if you're staying at the game.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kalano
    415 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    TVF wrote: »

In English it's a canopy projecting over the entrance to a theater, hotel, or other building, so you get a free one if you're staying at the game.

Sry for not being precise. I didn’t use a German definition of marquee. In German it says „Wiederkehrendes Event“, which means recurring event.
    So they either lied , or are using the same translation mistake since the introduction of marquees. Doesn’t matter actually. They owe the German swgoh community lots of shards, as this information is totally misleading
    573 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    TVF wrote: »

Sry for not being precise. I didn’t use a German definition of marquee. In German it says „Wiederkehrendes Event“, which means recurring event.
    So they either lied , or are using the same translation mistake since the introduction of marquees. Doesn’t matter actually. They owe the German swgoh community lots of shards, as this information is totally misleading

Marquee events are recurring.... They just don't recur with the same character.

Also, sometimes the recurring Marquee events run concurrently with different characters. So that's a lot of fun with "cur".
  • Try your wordplay using the language in question, not my poor translation @AvatarofCynicism
  • Kalano wrote: »
    Try your wordplay using the language in question, not my poor translation @AvatarofCynicism

I am... The wordplay is on "cur", not "marquee". Unless you're saying "recurring" and "concurrent" have different definitions in German than English, in which case a misnomer during translation isn't really the root of the problem.
  • You have to do it with wiederkehrend
    You have to do it with wiederkehrend

I think he's done a pretty good job explaining that fun fact, you're responsible for your own translation there.
    You have to do it with wiederkehrend

Oh, my bad, I misread that as "do it with how it translated" not "do it with German".

If there was anything playful about German, I might be able to... all I can say is "Blücher" and hope for a laugh
  • Baby_Yoda
    1435 posts Member
    edited January 2020

Well this is an American company and not German so yea....
  • OP stop being greedy

We had to wait months to farm those characters

You don’t...
  • I mean... the Austrians figured it out just fine
  • About the “reoccurring“ tag: That’s already classified as a translation error by the studio.

@Baby_Yoda ,
    Baby_Yoda wrote: »
    OP stop being greedy

We had to wait months to farm those characters

You don’t...
    JoPrime wrote: »
    Greetings,
    as I haven’t played for one year, I have missed all character- and ship- Marquees [...] I know that this is my own fault.

But what about new players? [...]
    They never had the chance to get the first 50 shards (saving an entire month of farming).
    [...]
    Regards.

It‘s true that you can make some research about every character as there are many posts here discussing them (Rose e.g.) or third party websites.

My intention never was to be greedy. Just trying to find a way to be able to compete in the game again.

SWGoH
  • Lets be honest - Marquees are only there to sell packs
  • JoPrime wrote: »
    Greetings,
    as I haven’t played for one year, I have missed all character- and ship- Marquees since Joleen Bindo to Shaak Ti. I know that this is my own fault.

But what about new players?
    Etc.

CG once said that they want to make it easier for Newcomers and returning Players to catch up. This would be a first step in the right direction in my opinion.

They don’t have to be included to the journey Guide. To show up in regular intervals would be enough.

Regards.

This could be an interesting way to let new players pick a starting squad. Maybe add all the marquee events to the Journey Guide but limit the rewards to 5 unlocks. After that the events can be played to learn mechanics or see how a character fits into a squad.

There'd probably have to be a way to warn new players about unlocking characters that are on late game nodes they may not be able to reach/farm for a while.

• Gamorrean wrote: »
    Lets be honest - Marquees are only there to sell packs

Let’s be even more honest, this whole game is only here to sell packs.

Not gameplay, packs.
  • MomoTheNinja
    102 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    I'm not opposed to this, but I don't think replaying them should give character shards. Maybe some low level gear or ability mats, or small amounts of credits. Also, since Marquees will continue to come as more characters are introduced, it would really bloat the Journey Guide in the end, which I think is a problem for the future of this idea. But, I do think it's a shame they went through all that work to build the Marquee events and no one will ever see them again, so some kind of replay option/value would be nice.

Edit: Another option might be to transfer the Marquees into a Wicket/Talzin type event and rotate through them, I could see that being more sustainable than adding them all to the Journey Guide.
  • Baby_Yoda wrote: »
    Gamorrean wrote: »

Not gameplay, packs.

packs ftw!!
  • Baby_Yoda
    1435 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Baby_Yoda wrote: »

Not gameplay, packs.

packs ftw!!

Woooo