Fleet arena farming focus post hyperdrive bundle?

I've completely stalled out in early stages of hard node 4 of fleet battles and have been stagnant winning few battles in the mid 30s of fleet arena. I originally planned to farm KRU since the character and his ship are the same node so it would only take a week or so to 7* him + the ship and would run him under a 6* tarkin and his 4* cap ship. To back him up I planned to get Ahsoka's ship from 5 to 7* (she's already 7), unlock anakins ship as I hear it powerful, and work on unlocking Bosk and his HT ship cause It seem she does well even at low stars.

After discussing with a more experienced guild-mate, It seems I should work on rebel ships given what I have unlocked from the HD bundle plus having phoenix chars all already at about 7*. This would include buying phantom and ghost shards out of the arena store while still saving up for zeta mats, still farming for HT/bosk with normal energy, upgrading Biggs (6* atm) plus his ship (5*), and maybe still working on Ahsoka's ship and also anakins as I plan to take JKA to 7* soon here anyways. This would all be ran under a 4* Akbar (5* toon) until He can be upgraded in ship and toon shards over time.

Given what I have unlocked at 5*s already via the HD bundle and only farming up brand new ships of HT and possibly anakin's, does this seem like an effective strategy to help rise in fleet arena and also make progress in the fleet battles which is especially important as Shaak Ti's node remains locked currently.

Apprecite the feedback in advanced!

Replies

• Options
    Anakin and Ahsoka aren’t rebels so they would be useless to your fleet.

A standard lineup is Falcon, Biggs, Bistan /w Cassian, Phantom, Ghost and something else.

Jka and Ahsoka will have no synergy but will be good for Negotiator once u unlock him in like a year or two
  • Jbnf
    120 posts Member
    Options
    I would narrow your focus. Negotiator fleets are going to require a decent amount of investment, so I would focus on a Rebel fleet. The damage comes from the Falcon, and Han and Chewie are pretty reasonable gear investments for pretty much anyone. You also are gonna have all the ships besides HT at 5* from the bundle, and a lot of the supporting cast of the fleet from the bundle as well. Slave 1 and XB are also both pretty solid ships all around, at least early on.

This also brings me to my next point. Despite how long it's been out, HT remains the best all-around tank in the game, as far as ships are concerned. Farm it up to 7*; you also will 7* Jango out of it, who is certainly no pushover and also has the valuable Separatist tag. 7* Bossk ASAP too. Once you have you Rebel fleet at least up and running, it'll serve you well for a while, and then you can start prioritizing GR ships. The thing is, GR is really strong in fleet right now, but there is a world of difference between Mace and GK for your cap ship, and that means GET2. I would say Rebels would hands down be better than GR until you switch to Negotiator.
  • Options
    Jbnf wrote: »
    I would narrow your focus. Negotiator fleets are going to require a decent amount of investment, so I would focus on a Rebel fleet. The damage comes from the Falcon, and Han and Chewie are pretty reasonable gear investments for pretty much anyone. You also are gonna have all the ships besides HT at 5* from the bundle, and a lot of the supporting cast of the fleet from the bundle as well. Slave 1 and XB are also both pretty solid ships all around, at least early on.

This also brings me to my next point. Despite how long it's been out, HT remains the best all-around tank in the game, as far as ships are concerned. Farm it up to 7*; you also will 7* Jango out of it, who is certainly no pushover and also has the valuable Separatist tag. 7* Bossk ASAP too. Once you have you Rebel fleet at least up and running, it'll serve you well for a while, and then you can start prioritizing GR ships. The thing is, GR is really strong in fleet right now, but there is a world of difference between Mace and GK for your cap ship, and that means GET2. I would say Rebels would hands down be better than GR until you switch to Negotiator.

So essentially run Phantom, Ghost, Biggs, and Wedge + whatever else I can to make a full fleet with Akbar cap while working on them to 7* and also Bossk for HT. All the while work on unlocking Han and Chewy and also Bounty hunter ships for the Falcon to be up and running?
  • Jbnf
    120 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, Phantom as an RI once you max its ability. I'd also go for Cassian's U-Wing pretty early on. Great for dealing with enemy HT and Falcons with its dispel. You can start Wedge until you get something better to take his place. XB is also decent in that fleet since he has an assist call and can deal % Max Health dmg. These are all stopgaps though, for when you can switch to Ackbar leading Biggs, HT, Han's Falcon, with Phantom, Ghost, Cassian's, +1 for RI or Ackbar, Biggs, Bistan, Han's, with RI Phantom, Ghost, Cassian, HT.
  • Options
    Whatever you choose to do gear up your chosen pilots, particularly the starting 3.
  • Options
    Don’t be me and go crazy to the point to Relic my Bistan, Wedge & Ackbar :p
  • Straegen
    194 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    If you are in a guild that is kicking out decent GET2, go GG and Malevolence with bugs and hyena ships. This team can beat all the meta teams. There is no waste in this approach as the the bugs are a great team in TW, TB, GAC. Hyena requires no pilot and GG is one of the best characters in the game right now. You also don't need Hounds Tooth which is a very long farm.

If you aren't generating much GET2, your only choice is the MilFal route with Phoenix ships. MilFal is a very long farm thanks to the bounty hunters required. You will also be investing in a lot of characters that are useless endgame.

I would avoid Negotiator since it is the longest of all the farms. The team essentially requires Hounds Tooth to be efficient and GK takes a lot of guild farming. Great ships but long farms.

Every other direction leads to mostly useless ships.