Rebel tune up ideas

Since Janary has been quieter than we expected, as we should be getting new characters or content I thought it would be nice to put some ideas for rebel tune ups, and we can then see in the future if CG could do some tune ups for the Rebel and empire faction.

Firstly, Phoenix. One idea i had to make them a bit more viable against other decent teams, was to give Zeb a taunting capability. Kanan does taunt when using his intervene ability, which has a 3 turn cooldown and he can taunt for 2 turns. So if Zeb could taunt after using his staggering sweep, it would make it more difficult to target Hera and the damage dealers Ezra and Sabine. plus Zeb in SWR can punish enemies who attack his allies, so this would be a nice tune up for the faction as Zeb is quite tanky in GOH.

other ideas for the rebel faction could be:

- Giving Ahsoka (fulcrum) a phoenix tag, which I've heard be suggested by you tubers before so i thought i'd put it here as a reminder.
- having more cross synergies with characters like Akbar, Lando, Wedge, Biggs and Princess Leia to make them a bit more usable in a team.
- some rogue one tune ups perhaps, adding a few more bonuses to some of their kits.

those are just some ideas, and i personally would like to see any more ideas in the comments as both the rebel and empire faction are becoming less viable, and deserve some quick tune ups to keep them being decent factions.

Replies

• Options
    About these rebels, there are 2 things that always bothered me: Kanan's basic and Ackbar's Tactical Genius.
    Kanan has Offence Down on his basic. Makes sense for a heavy counterattacking Tank. Except the offence down lasts until the start of his next turn. So Kanan attacks out of turn, applies offence down and, since Kanan has more turn meter than that enemy (since they are at 0) Kanan will take a turn before the enemy can. Expirering the Offence Down before they can deal any damage. Even worse is that it's at the start of Kanan's turn, meaning it wont even help with counterattacks against Kanan. Then there is Kanan's Zeta, which can grant him 100% Turn Meter twice. Making the chance that the Offence Down expires before the enemy can atack even higher. add the many Turn meter manipulation in the Phoenix theme to that (Hera lead and Stagger from both Zebb and Sabrina) and you have a 100% guarantee that every single offence down will be over before it did anything, making it absolutely useless.
    Ackbar's 100% Turn Meter seems really good on paper, until a character that already gains Turn Meter with their special uses it (like Ezra, Luke, Princes Leya, h*ck the rebel alliance is filled with them really). In those cases The turn meter is partly or entirely redundant. Not to mention the cases where allies that go much faster than the rest of your team also expire their buffs faster than the rest of your team. This is especially bad when a Stealthed character uses it, since they will lose Stealth faster. Thou this is more of an inconvenience to Kana's problem.
    I also posted Rework/Kit idea's for the Hoth Heroes (rebel Officer Leya organa and the Hoth Rebels) Since Rebel Officer Leya Organa is really the only TB character that is really bad. You can find it here, if you're interested: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/223008/hoth-heroes-rework-kit-ideas
    But those can be added to the list as well.
  • Options
    Phoenix already have 2 taunts in Kanan and Chopper, and you want to give them a third?
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Options
    @MagicMatthews99 and what about people who use Hera, Zeb, Kanan, Sabine and Ezra as a squad? and Why not 3 tanks? I've faced teams with 3 tanks before. I've faced many bastie teams with tanks such as GK, kanan, juhani and old ben and they're tricky but beatable. Having a taunt on Zeb can either amplify or create the 'buncing taunts' effect on the team, and would make it much more difficult to handle them. Which would make them overall a better team. @Ichiraikou I agree, the offence down could last a bit longer, but it's at least helpful to land as it can't be resisted on a crit. Plus i do agree with Akbar's 100% tm mechanic, thanks for sharing the ideas.
  • Options
    I think the Rogue One rebels, especially Cassian and K-2SO, should get some form of a touch up considering the eventual Cassian spinoff series on Disney+. Rebel Officer Leia and Captain Han could probably also use a bit of a touch up if I had to say.
  • Options
    @HKFactory I agree, the rogue one team could definatlly use a small tune up. And yeah those two characters are a bit out-dated and could use some improvements.