Malak...

Prev1
Now that Malak has had his day in the sun. Might you lot reign his ridiculous kit in a bit? Something like limited his drains to the 'max 3' limit would be super. He's already disgusting in every way possible.

Ridiculous health steal, steals turns/buffs on crit, passive taunt, health drain/annihilate, applies shock, applies heal immunity, applies tenacity down, stuns, one of the highest health pools, ridiculous crit avoid mechanics.

His counters are so incredibly limited that he is unbeatable in 3v3 except via another Malak team.

Replies

• TVF
    36591 posts Member
    They don't nerf toons that are post-meta, they make new meta toons.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

Yea. Just being hopeful. All he's missing is self-revive and the kitchen sink. Garbage design.
  • All they gotta do is remove the ep tm gain block thing they added to make malaak invincible vs ep teams
  • All they gotta do is remove the ep tm gain block thing they added to make malaak invincible vs ep teams

Or they could have tried being straightforward in what they want and not just make the JKR mistake of just throwing more crap on him until he hard counters the previous meta.

Instead of making him a hard counter for almost every team in the game: "Unique zeta: Sith Allies cannot be marked. Sith enemies cannot gain bonus Turn Meter."

They didn't have make him superman.
  • YetiYeti wrote: »
    All they gotta do is remove the ep tm gain block thing they added to make malaak invincible vs ep teams

Or they could have tried being straightforward in what they want and not just make the JKR mistake of just throwing more crap on him until he hard counters the previous meta.

Instead of making him a hard counter for almost every team in the game: "Unique zeta: Sith Allies cannot be marked. Sith enemies cannot gain bonus Turn Meter."

He is not superhuman and can beaten three vs three by fo Sith trooper and clean up crew a long with a bunch more teams like padme and gg
  • You cannot beat Malak without another Malak? Try GAS lol

At least not until they interfere with the new intended meta
  • I just want Jedi Knight Anakin's healing and buff immunity procs on his basic to not be an 80% chance but just have it be 100% chance and make it a tenacity vs potency game rather than tenacity + potency + random shot in the dark chance to not apply and Malak to drain your entire team to death. That'd be counter enough. Watching Malak drain an entire team to death 1 by 1 returning to full health each time is the real discouraging part.

At least not until they interfere with the new intended meta
    as much as I hate to agree with TVF, he is right that instead of nerfing the old character kit they buff the new character kit to directly counter it. They will however nerf new characters that are used in old teams to beat the new meta like Hux.

• I know someone whose name is Palak in real life (indian name). Sometimes i m scared to call her Malak
  • If his health steal wasn't so nuts he's be much less deadly
  • YetiYeti wrote: »
    All they gotta do is remove the ep tm gain block thing they added to make malaak invincible vs ep teams

He is not superhuman and can beaten three vs three by fo Sith trooper and clean up crew a long with a bunch more teams like padme and gg

That's not 3v3, that's 6v3.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    YetiYeti wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

Yea. Just being hopeful. All he's missing is self-revive and the kitchen sink. Garbage design.

So I'm confused, is he post-meta or is he still overpowered due to "garbage design?"
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind wrote: »
    YetiYeti wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

So I'm confused, is he post-meta or is he still overpowered due to "garbage design?"

Still overpowered due to a garbage design and lacks counters. General Skywalker is the meta. What is difficult to understand?
  • Worst event ever. Do everything right, all the right toons all the right mods, still lose. **** this game sometimes. So frustrating
  • Worst event ever. Do everything right, all the right toons all the right mods, still lose. **** this game sometimes. So frustrating

I notice you didn’t say all the right gear.

I’m coming close, but falling short because my Mission and Zaalbar are g11/g10 so I don’t quite have the damage even though both are 17,500 power. Am I mad at the game or complaining that the event is too hard? Nah, man, I needed another week is all.

Time to put them on the backburner and finish off my General Skywalker requirements.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Need AFTER “day in sun” lol
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Nerf AFTER “day in sun” lol
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Worst event ever. Do everything right, all the right toons all the right mods, still lose. **** this game sometimes. So frustrating

I’m coming close, but falling short because my Mission and Zaalbar are g11/g10 so I don’t quite have the damage even though both are 17,500 power. Am I mad at the game or complaining that the event is too hard? Nah, man, I needed another week is all.

Time to put them on the backburner and finish off my General Skywalker requirements.

G13 JKR and G12 everyone else
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Worst event ever. Do everything right, all the right toons all the right mods, still lose. **** this game sometimes. So frustrating

G13 JKR and G12 everyone else

RNG

Plus it’s actually probably one of the best events since it is CHALLENGING

And requires skill :p
  • I’ve beaten it consistently with g10 Zaalbar, g11 mission, g12 Jolee and Bastila and g13 revan. My Zaalbar is slow and usually only puts 2 armor shreds on.

You might have to change strategy, or maybe upgrade gear.

• Don't you guys enjoy reading a full encyclopedia worth of information on every new kit?
  • Don't you guys enjoy reading a full encyclopedia worth of information on every new kit?

You can just watch a 5-10 minute tutorial whilst playing the event

Now *that* I'll agree with! There's hella characters lately where I just can't be bothered to read the entire Russian novel that is their abilities.
  • Baby_Yoda wrote: »
    Don't you guys enjoy reading a full encyclopedia worth of information on every new kit?

You can just watch a 5-10 minute tutorial whilst playing the event

CG needs to watch those tutorials before they release the characters so they understand how their own characters work before release
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Don't you guys enjoy reading a full encyclopedia worth of information on every new kit?

new?
  • Admin os an **** for making malak event for light side so difficult. **** ****

It’s really not that hard. You just need g12 and good mods—which is even the suggestion that the Journey Guide gives you. Then you need to know what you’re doing.

Just because people have done it with g10 characters, doesn’t mean you should expect that to apply to everyone.
  • Admin os an **** for making malak event for light side so difficult. **** ****

I beat light side with
    g10 bastilla
    g11 mission
    G11 zalbar
    G12 jolee
    R2 revan

Beat dark side with a couple g11 characters it's not that bad but it does require a strategy