Malak...

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Admin os an **** for making malak event for light side so difficult. **** ****

I beat light side with
    g10 bastilla
    g11 mission
    G11 zalbar
    G12 jolee
    R2 revan

Beat dark side with a couple g11 characters it's not that bad but it does require a strategy

R7 DR basically 2 shots the dude
  • Options
    YetiYeti wrote: »
    All they gotta do is remove the ep tm gain block thing they added to make malaak invincible vs ep teams

Or they could have tried being straightforward in what they want and not just make the JKR mistake of just throwing more crap on him until he hard counters the previous meta.

Instead of making him a hard counter for almost every team in the game: "Unique zeta: Sith Allies cannot be marked. Sith enemies cannot gain bonus Turn Meter."

They didn't have make him superman.
    He is not superhuman and can beaten three vs three by fo Sith trooper and clean up crew a long with a bunch more teams like padme and gg

Wait... I’m no Malak fanboi. But your argument is that he can be beaten by two teams in 3v3? That seems a bit disingenuous.
  • Options
    AnnerDoon wrote: »
    All they gotta do is remove the ep tm gain block thing they added to make malaak invincible vs ep teams

Or they could have tried being straightforward in what they want and not just make the JKR mistake of just throwing more crap on him until he hard counters the previous meta.

Instead of making him a hard counter for almost every team in the game: "Unique zeta: Sith Allies cannot be marked. Sith enemies cannot gain bonus Turn Meter."

He is not superhuman and can beaten three vs three by fo Sith trooper and clean up crew a long with a bunch more teams like padme and gg

Wait... I’m no Malak fanboi. But your argument is that he can be beaten by two teams in 3v3? That seems a bit disingenuous.

Two separate teams, not two specific teams. Although that second team had better have someone specifically who can Shock him.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »

Two separate teams, not two specific teams. Although that second team had better have someone specifically who can Shock him.

Or healing immunity, or stun, or fracture, or fear... There may be more, that's just off the top of my head.
  • Options

Or healing immunity, or stun, or fracture, or fear... There may be more, that's just off the top of my head.

Well, fracture is a little too specific since only one character has that. But I take your meaning all the same :)
  • Options

Right. That’s my point. What other single character takes two squads to kill?
  • Options

Right. That’s my point. What other single character takes two squads to kill?

Without the right teams? Grievous, JKA, argument for Clones with Fives, GAS. Not that uncommon. Also don't forget this stemmed from someone providing one example of a two team requirement and a couple of single teams. So no character including Malak always takes to squads to kill.
  • Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    They don't nerf toons that are post-meta, they make new meta toons.

Yea. Just being hopeful. All he's missing is self-revive and the kitchen sink. Garbage design.

So I'm confused, is he post-meta or is he still overpowered due to "garbage design?"

Still overpowered due to a garbage design and lacks counters. General Skywalker is the meta. What is difficult to understand?
    If he is not meta anymore, as you said, you should be able to aquire a team to counter him. So what's difficult to understand?
  • Options
    Unlike the ga$ or chewy event, Malak event is not RNG dependent and can be consistently done with correct strategy
  • Options
    thedrjojo wrote: »
    Unlike the ga$ or chewy event, Malak event is not RNG dependent and can be consistently done with correct strategy

So can General Anakin. Take a look at the requirements. Now look at the suggested levels. People aren't even coming close to r4 and 6-dot mods for every character they bring to that event.

Again: Just because people are doing it with g12+3 doesn't mean the minimum is the suggestion. It's easier when you actually invest in the whole team.
  • Options
    Baby_Yoda wrote: »
    Worst event ever. Do everything right, all the right toons all the right mods, still lose. **** this game sometimes. So frustrating

I notice you didn’t say all the right gear.

I’m coming close, but falling short because my Mission and Zaalbar are g11/g10 so I don’t quite have the damage even though both are 17,500 power. Am I mad at the game or complaining that the event is too hard? Nah, man, I needed another week is all.

Time to put them on the backburner and finish off my General Skywalker requirements.

G13 JKR and G12 everyone else

RNG

Plus it’s actually probably one of the best events since it is CHALLENGING

And requires skill :p

U mean the best one so far because the next event (GAS) just requires r7 and rng
  • Options

Yea. Just being hopeful. All he's missing is self-revive and the kitchen sink. Garbage design.

So I'm confused, is he post-meta or is he still overpowered due to "garbage design?"

Still overpowered due to a garbage design and lacks counters. General Skywalker is the meta. What is difficult to understand?
    If he is not meta anymore, as you said, you should be able to aquire a team to counter him. So what's difficult to understand?

I have Malak. He's still a disgustingly OP kit. Every other team in the game has more counters than Malak. Not even his team. Just malak.

What's difficult to understand about this?
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options

I have Malak. He's still a disgustingly OP kit. Every other team in the game has more counters than Malak. Not even his team. Just malak.

"Just Malak" is easily countered by a ton of stuff.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    Baby_Yoda wrote: »
    Worst event ever. Do everything right, all the right toons all the right mods, still lose. **** this game sometimes. So frustrating

I notice you didn’t say all the right gear.

I’m coming close, but falling short because my Mission and Zaalbar are g11/g10 so I don’t quite have the damage even though both are 17,500 power. Am I mad at the game or complaining that the event is too hard? Nah, man, I needed another week is all.

Time to put them on the backburner and finish off my General Skywalker requirements.

G13 JKR and G12 everyone else

RNG

Plus it’s actually probably one of the best events since it is CHALLENGING

And requires skill :p

U mean the best one so far because the next event (GAS) just requires r7 and rng

GAS required way less than R7. And if you had R7, no RNG.
  • Options

"Just Malak" is easily countered by a ton of stuff.

Sure by himself... but he needs to be either disabled(chain stunned, fractured, tm removal), and likely heal immunity/tenacity down and it can still go wrong, because he's the tankiest character in the game. Whilst having a ridiculously high base speed, and lots of damage. They packed so much crap into that character.

All he needed to do was be a Sith Empire GK w/ Sith Empire allies cannot be marked, and it'd have hard countered JKR. Going overboard leaves this situation where you must use Padme, GG, SE, Skyguy, or Anti-Malak JKR Variant.

Out of those? Only consistent counters would be GG's Nuke team, and Skyguy. Padme/Anti-Malak JKR depend on that heal immunity landing, and another Malak depends on your team speeds.
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah ok, you're the one who said "just malak" so that's what I responded to.

So arena Malak is countered by GG Nuke, UP, and Padme (it's consistent for the people at top of arena). Seems like three counters (at minimum) is more than enough for the second most recent EC.
  • Options

So arena Malak is countered by GG Nuke, UP, and Padme (it's consistent for the people at top of arena). Seems like three counters (at minimum) is more than enough for the second most recent EC.

Yea, my Padme team wrecks Sith Empire. I can just get stuck waiting for the heal immunity then Malak catches a lucky drain on Anakin and it's game over. It's super annoying.
  • Options

Yea, my Padme team wrecks Sith Empire. I can just get stuck waiting for the heal immunity then Malak catches a lucky drain on Anakin and it's game over. It's super annoying.

I like to run Padme with a fast GMY for this reason. I only use 3PO vs teams with Sith Trooper. If you're down to Loincloth Magneto and Anakin goes belly up, you still have a chance of beating him with Padme, Ahsoka and GMY if you can manage to stun him repeatedly.
  • Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    Imagine the kits a year from now? Oh wait, game is dying, so won’t be around a year from now, right?

Those kits though will be hilarious.

Mw6xLl3.gif
  • Options
    Malak is probably the most annoying thing in the game. He replaced Nest as most hated. IMHO
  • Options
    IronCross wrote: »
    Malak is probably the most annoying thing in the game. He replaced Nest as most hated. IMHO

He is a sith lord, he should be hated.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

Good..good...
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

Good..good...

Apparently people's hatred is not making them more powerful.
  • Options

I like to run Padme with a fast GMY for this reason. I only use 3PO vs teams with Sith Trooper. If you're down to Loincloth Magneto and Anakin goes belly up, you still have a chance of beating him with Padme, Ahsoka and GMY if you can manage to stun him repeatedly.

Loincloth Magneto! hahaha Brilliant.
  • Options

General Skywalker isn't even that much of a "meta." Sith Empire with Malak can still eat Skywalker alive with much lower relic levels
  • Options

General Skywalker isn't even that much of a "meta." Sith Empire with Malak can still eat Skywalker alive with much lower relic levels

Offense is usually better than defense to create the illusion of good play. It's good for the game if people win when they attack, because then they get to pat themselves on the back for a job well done and when they lose ground overnight they get to reclaim it. This creates a churn that keeps the competition alive.

I don't have an opinion on how good or bad Anakin is. I'm just saying that Sith Empire with Malak can eat Skywalker alive, but I wouldn't be surprised if Skywalker ate Sith Empire as often. Teams of the same tier won't be better or worse than one another, just better than everything below it and then a matter of personal opinion and subjective playstyle when compared to one another.