• Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    Baby_Yoda wrote: »
    2019: We need more capital ships!

2020: We DoN’t WaNt NeW CaPiTaL shIPs

2019: we got negotiator and malevolence

Well the last 3-4 months of 2019 :p
  • Options
    I hope Malevolence and Negotiator won't be worthless after the powercreeping new capital ships.
    :#
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    VaexquaGer wrote: »
    I hope Malevolence and Negotiator won't be worthless after the powercreeping new capital ships.

Is Mil F useless now? Or JKR? They will still be strong, even if they don't stay at the very top.
  • Options

You know they will be which means I just won't finish my Sep fleet and it will sit in the dust bin as useless gp. There is not enough diversity of ships. That is the complaint. New capital ships are going to eat up the same core ship, HT, because a fleet without it is lesser. Releasing a bunch of new capital ships doesn't fix this. Either release more good plug and play ships, or fill out existing fleets with reasonable replacements for HT. Someone earlier mentioned relic'd biggs or sun fac which is ridiculous. They both get blown up by under powered fleets. Neither is a replacement for HT.

new capital ships are fine but they have to be accompanied by a multitude of new base ships and CG can't seem to keep much focus on this area of the game. I guess I just don't understand why the basic ships drip drip drip at such a slow rate? If they want people to like ships they are going to have to do better than just new capital ships.
  • Options

You know they will be which means I just won't finish my Sep fleet and it will sit in the dust bin as useless gp. There is not enough diversity of ships. That is the complaint. New capital ships are going to eat up the same core ship, HT, because a fleet without it is lesser. Releasing a bunch of new capital ships doesn't fix this. Either release more good plug and play ships, or fill out existing fleets with reasonable replacements for HT. Someone earlier mentioned relic'd biggs or sun fac which is ridiculous. They both get blown up by under powered fleets. Neither is a replacement for HT.

new capital ships are fine but they have to be accompanied by a multitude of new base ships and CG can't seem to keep much focus on this area of the game. I guess I just don't understand why the basic ships drip drip drip at such a slow rate? If they want people to like ships they are going to have to do better than just new capital ships.

HT does a pretty good job getting blown up by the new fleets. New kits are more likely than not to have buff/heal immunity as core parts of their kit. It won't be important as it seems now moving forward. It was a beatable ship even before HMF came out (Thrawn with Tie Advanced and Scimitar could easily take it off the board).

Y-Wing and Hyena seem like pretty viable tanks in their own right and that's without seeing any at full stars.

I think the real issue is the power imbalance in pilotless ships vs. crewed ships. Maxed Hyena + Vulture, two hard node farms. Maxed Kylo's Shuttle - ewww.
  • Options
    Yes, HT is beatable. I didn't say it wasn't. The fact remains that it is in every top 10 (probably every top 30) fleet, period. Yes, aniken can put up buff immunity. Yet, the enemy fleet still regularly gets stuck behind my HT. Diversity of capital ships isn't real diversity if the fleets only function when they all use the same ship. The solution isn't to make every new ship a HT counter. The solution is to put out more viable alternatives like hyena bomber. I don't think some of you understand what I am saying. They are creating new ships at a snails pace. This should change