Kylo Ren immune to drain life?

vincentlondon
4527 posts Member
edited January 2020
Is Kylo Ren immune to Malak’s drain life ?

410e4quy8jpy.png
m4hnbd1wahvz.png

Replies

• jawa7778
    283 posts Member
    edited January 2020

410e4quy8jpy.png
    m4hnbd1wahvz.png

You didn't take a 4th picture showing Kylo Ren actually dead/not dead. The last image was just Revan doing the animation. Unless the pictures are out of order.
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    2nd picture is after the 1st one where malak does drain life on Kylo Ren. And Kylo Ren is still alive
    Anyway you can test it in the Bonus Tier of the Hero of resistance marquee event and see this by yourself
  • Both kylos take reduced damage from percent health effects. Things like damage over time, expose, padme’s courage stacks, and Malak’s drain life do very little damage to them. Read their unique abilities and you will see.
  • Nova44 wrote: »
    Both kylos take reduced damage from percent health effects. Things like damage over time, expose, padme’s courage stacks, and Malak’s drain life do very little damage to them. Read their unique abilities and you will see.

This
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    edited January 2020

He takes reduced damage from percent health attacks.

Edit: Nova44 beat me to it.
  • littleMAC77
    2397 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Yes, read KRU's kit. He takes reduced damage from % health based effects (just like Malak himself actually)

Edit: wow, everyone was posting at the same time lol
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • I see
    But i feel like he takes 0 damage at all.
    So i feel there is a difference between taking reduced damage and no damage
  • I see

Prove it. Slow it down to 1x speed and record it. Should be easy enough to see if it’s reduced or 0.
  • I see

He’s the same as Malak.

They both take almost no damage to drain life / max health abilities
  • Read his kit
  • I see

It seems like this because that honestly is how it’s WAI. Even with Kylo Ren masked that’s how it’s always been. Reduced health % damage is how he and KRU, and even Malak are designed. Trust me, I’m a huge CG criticalist, but this is how it was meant to be designed
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    I see

That's normal. He does take a teensy bit of damage but it's so tiny you won't even see his health bar move. Same thing happens when you pop an expose on him.

WAI.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    I see
    My Malak has died to an opposing Malak's drain life 2 or so times in the past :neutral:
  • Ultra wrote: »
    I see
    My Malak has died to an opposing Malak's drain life 2 or so times in the past :neutral:

Anecdotal.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    I see

Prove it by posting the video you didnt record.
  • I see

When they say reduced, they mean it. The 20% from expose becomes something like 0.05%. It's negligible. Not sure what it is for drain life, but it's certainly less than 1%.
  • Based on a quick test in arena, looks like Malak takes approximately 2% damage from health based effects. Hit one with a combined hp+ prot pool of 203k for 4190 damage.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Based on a quick test in arena, looks like Malak takes approximately 2% damage from health based effects. Hit one with a combined hp+ prot pool of 203k for 4190 damage.

that's bc malak takes reduced damage from heath % attacks, fyi
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    Based on a quick test in arena, looks like Malak takes approximately 2% damage from health based effects. Hit one with a combined hp+ prot pool of 203k for 4190 damage.

that's bc malak takes reduced damage from heath % attacks, fyi

Really, never noticed that in his kit😉
    Yes, read KRU's kit. He takes reduced damage from % health based effects (just like Malak himself actually)

Edit: wow, everyone was posting at the same time lol

• lolz
    89 posts Member

Right answer. It does exactly 2% damage. I used Kru as my fifth in arena for quite some time. He would soak up a lot of those opposition Malak's drain life
  • I see

"Feel" is not good. Data and evidence are. Kylo takes damage but then is healed because if his unique. His net ends up being 0 (really he gains life), but technically if he was low enough it could kill73r7e3oc44gp.jpeg
    him.
  • It’s absolutely possible to kill KRU/kylo/malak with malaks drain life of they’re low enough. It doesn’t do 0 damage it typically does around 2000-3000 Dmg. If they only have 2000-3000 hp left they can surely die from it
  • Makes me want to relic KRU. Who am I kidding, I'm doing it anyway. Curious to see how ridiculous his self heal gets when he's R7 modded for defence and health.