Is it too soon for a cap level increase?

Prev1
Bon_El
435 posts Member
edited March 2016
Recently EA announced that a level increase is in the works. Raising the cap takes us back to the grind of building our main team to stay competitive in Arena as well as finishing Galactic War. I personally think it would be more entertaining to delay the cap increase and build a more diverse team so that I can actually strategize who I'm sending in to battle against whom. More usable characters gives us more chess pieces. BUT... I'm curious what the general consensus is.
~ There is a great disturbance in the forum. ~

Is it too soon for a cap level increase? 231 votes

Too soon - I want to build a broader team and/or would rather have new content.
59%
HyperalloyDrekulviinFLIK87dantsaiManicmouseJaegerAbyssFantazyAdamWBoro_Smooth1dogwelder79BoraZtyleSlythRinnBuddhaboneDragEM650MeetraSurikJaqen_Hgharkozakjanos 137 votes
Raise it asap - I like focusing on my favorite characters and/or have already spent enough money to build most characters & I'm bored.
25%
YoYoYoda369EnigmaticienTheRenegadeGenakumaBarrokCythisdarksidediangeloSundodgerHurricaneHBu3NoReggiestupidfatfoolSlyBeatsHBOMBCOKFISTDarthNicoKAULIDarth_MangoKiniozaurPerongeluk 60 votes
Neutral
14%
IricsRonon_DexHbk146D_MillennialStarSonRonTomSekuThomasLyleIamTexbenacrowBrownieEaywenMcPot45El_DuderinoKamikazeRhombusOobydoobNikoms565YudokaRAYRAYEibbor_Tharth 34 votes

Replies

• Options
    Jeeze, already a poll on this a couple days ago, and to add, it's a moot point, itso going to happen anyway.
  • Bon_El
    435 posts Member
    Options
    Forgive me, I looked and couldn't find one. nothing happens until it happens. Dates can be pushed.
  • Options
    I could have fun with building for at least another two months and that is with having roughly three teams capable of going through Galactic War. But its happening so strap in!
  • Options
    Bon_El wrote: »
    Forgive me, I looked and couldn't find one. nothing happens until it happens. Dates can be pushed.

It's already been announced tho, I don't care either way but they will not push it back after announcement.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Neutral
    I would be fine with it, if new content (and no, another level of cantina or LS/DS battles is not really new content) would come with it.

Sadly, it seems as though "cap level increase" and "new content" are synonymous to EA/CG. Guilds would be new content. Ships would be new content. Longer "themed" events would be new content. Larger battles would be new content (we know they can run 6 on 6). LIVE PvP would be new content.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options

It's already been announced tho, I don't care either way but they will not push it back after announcement.

Wrong. There has been no announcement. They simply posted what they are working on, and that the cap increase should happen "in the coming weeks". No definite date has been set.
  • Noktarn
    401 posts Member
    Options
    Too soon.
  • Options
    :p Too soon for this poll
  • Options
    I would rather continue levelling and gearing my current roster up to level 70 as as soon as the level cap hits all of the characters I am currently working on will be neglected in favour of levelling up my arena team and unless a useable credit event is introduced there is no way a decent roster can be established whilst remaining competitive without spending major money
  • Options

Wrong. There has been no announcement. They simply posted what they are working on, and that the cap increase should happen "in the coming weeks". No definite date has been set.

It's not wrong and it didn't even really need to be announced. You can see in game that skills and gear are already set to go beyond level 70 so common sense would tell you that a level cap is going to happen without it being announced officially by EA - which they have done last Friday. Just because it doesn't have a date on it doesn't mean it's not an announcement
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Jaqen_Hghar
    491 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    It's too soon for another public poll on the level cap increase, that's for sure.

But yes.. too soon for an increase considering minimal improvements on other fronts have taken place. Putting problems behind you and simply making a number bigger helps nobody. It's a move Donald Trump would make.
  • Options
    Neutral
    I'm voting neutral for poll purposes, with the caveat that I'm opposed to a 10 level increase, and OK with a smaller increase (preferably 72, max 75).

I don't think a level cap increase should take place at the same time Fortitude is introduced. Too much to change at one time.
  • Options
    we want guild events, a chance to see whos best. tired of my arena pool
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    Neutral
    It's too soon for another public poll on the level cap increase, that's for sure.

But yes.. too soon for an increase considering minimal improvements on other fronts have taken place. Putting problems behind you and simply making a number bigger helps nobody. It's a move Donald Trump would make.

Lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Bon_El
    435 posts Member
    Options
    Now that both religion AND politics have made their way on to this forum, we should have no problem continuing the arguments.
    I'll just sit back and Cruz...
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I would be fine with it, if new content (and no, another level of cantina or LS/DS battles is not really new content) would come with it.

Sadly, it seems as though "cap level increase" and "new content" are synonymous to EA/CG. Guilds would be new content. Ships would be new content. Longer "themed" events would be new content. Larger battles would be new content (we know they can run 6 on 6). LIVE PvP would be new content.

I would go further and say ANY changes are synonymous to EA/CG!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Neutral
    I would think most people under level 70 would REALLY have a concern with it. If you are struggling in GW against fully geared level 70 teams now, imagine facing level 80 ones. And "fully geared" at level 80 is an entirely different animal.

Good luck.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    Jeeze, already a poll on this a couple days ago, and to add, it's a moot point, itso going to happen anyway.

Well the reason that these polls/treads keeps coming is that even as the level cap is increased in a couple weeks from now, people like to discuss their views on the subject, that's why we have the "General Discussion"
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    Neutral
    It's about time actually. I won't be upset if they don't raise it for another week but it has been long enough.

I just want the upgrade costs to be reasonable, that's all.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Neutral
    It's about time actually. I won't be upset if they don't raise it for another week but it has been long enough.

I just want the upgrade costs to be reasonable, that's all.

If you consider 2.5 million credits to raise a single hero from level 70 to level 80, then they will be.

• Options
    They should raise it two levels every 3 weeks. It would be nice to see mini shifts in meta as some toons can get upgraded abilities and gear.
  • Puglio
    161 posts Member
    Options
    The sooner they raise it to 80 the sooner we can face level 80 teams in GW. No thanks. It's bad enough facing all 7* 70s for nodes 6-12.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Dupe polls are pointless
  • Options
    I have 4 cold sores in my mouth :'( there are bigger issue here
  • Options
    Ztyle wrote: »

Well the reason that these polls/treads keeps coming is that even as the level cap is increased in a couple weeks from now, people like to discuss their views on the subject, that's why we have the "General Discussion"

To some degree, it's a discussion but let's be real, most are here to vote against the cap increase hence the, ' moot point'.
  • Options
    It's probably always going to be too soon for someone. Still, I lean more towards more characters and/or content than levels. Also, it's disheartening to see level 90 on the horizon before we even get level 80.
    I really hope there is a hard level cap of 100; gear is enough of a chore as it is and it only seems like it will get worse.
    314-187-745 || Event Suggestions | Bounty Hunting || #JuhaniNextJune #PadméPlease
  • Options
    Neutral
    I voted neutral myself and in new here hi!!

I've played a lot of EA games on mobile and they pander to the top a lot so if you're lvl 70 with a dozen or so 7* that's who they are doing this for. As I only have a couple 7* and am grinding hard on 3 more that are close I'd tend to think it's too soon....
  • Kabbes
    430 posts Member
    Options
    The reason we see small variations on the same team is that the priority is to raise the obvious best characters. Once that's done, there is opportunity to explore the merits of less obvious heroes.

I'm just getting to that point myself. And now they're going to raise the cap and I'm going to have to go back to grinding the same characters as everybody else. It's hardly a help for game diversity, is it?
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Neutral
    A level cap increase on its own is too soon. However, if that level cap increase is combined with more content (other than higher levels of the same tables), then I am ok with it. If they raise the level cap and add regular worthwhile events, fix bugs, improve balance so more toons are viable in arena and GW, and add new tables to give us other ways to level and find upgrades, then I am all for it.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    bad poll...people have been screaming for content since January...and new content has nothing to do with a level cap increase, they can do both in the same patch.