Game crashing on load screen

Prev1
Anyone getting errors?

Replies

• I can not login, game crashes at checking for updates - IOS phone
  • Same supposedly it’s been resolved but not more me. Guess I miss GAC?? For trying to buy a pack?!
  • They say fixed, but can't still login.
  • Take some hours for the roll out, they said
  • Lucky for me I was able to sign in from IPad for GAC, phone is still locked out 😵
  • Yea. I don’t have an iPad lying ariund
  • This happened to me on my iPhone when Resistance Hero Finn came out. Got a crash while trying to buy the pack, tried reinstalling and have been locked out ever since.

I do have an iPad so I have been able to play on that until this morning when the same thing happened trying to buy a pack. I also deleted and reinstalled the app on my iPad and got locked out. I completely erased my iPad (twice) and was finally able to log in. I guess I should wipe my phone but I need it for work stuff.
  • I really hope I don’t have to erase all data on my phone to get this game to load, I tried rebooting, deleting and reinstalling game, no luck 😭
  • Yea this is some crap. Friday too- so we won’t be getting a fix this weekend. No GaC. Either
  • Oh I forgot to add to save others time don’t bother with support. I put in a ticket w EA support, they contacted back by phone and told me to try the common stuff (remove app, reinstall, reboot phone, connect with Cell data only and WiFi) none of which did anything.
  • Yeah, there are multiple people in my guild trying to log in, but are unable to. Looks like they are missing GAC...
  • Same issue. Again EA support is going to tell you to factory reset your device. Don’t do it.

I expect some compensation for what I’ve been through today not to mention what I’ll be missing in game as a result of trying to pay money. Especially considering how hard I’ll question ever paying again out of this same fear.
  • Yeah wife out for the evening. Just spent to build up in prep for gac and its the spending that breaks. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you:)
  • This actually compounds the issue with GAC locking on join instead of at the deadline too. That’s really why I’ll be missing GAC.
  • Has anyone tried resetting to factory settings and restoring your phone? Does it work? @MikeG311 why should we not reset? Other than it’s a pain.
  • I did the resetting factory settings on my iPhone, did not work.
  • Let’s say I do wipe the phone, what about all my other data?
  • Same issues for me on iPhone
  • In no event should this require a factory reset. That is absurd. My worry is that CG says that this was apple’s screw up and points the finger at them instead of fixing the game.
  • Well, no GAC now. Hopefully it will be fixed before TW lock.
  • Only wipe if you have a recent backup. I wiped my iPad this morning and it's still in the process of reinstalling all the apps. I will try to wipe my phone this weekend when I have time.
  • Do I need to sign out of anything or do anything before I wipe it
  • I believe it asks you to sign out of your Apple ID...might want to Google it just in case. I didn't really care about my iPad, so I just blazed through it.
  • And obviously make sure you have a recent backup, haha
  • I do, I just backed up
  • Factory reset doesn’t fix it
  • This doesn’t work. I said that.

I don’t recommend doing anything until CG responds to something telling us what to do. I’m locked out and nothing works to fix it.

I’m assuming this won’t be fixed until my “pending” transaction in the App Store is also resolved. Just my guess though.
  • I tried different apple IDs as well , Game Center , App Store etc, the fail to load is appears to be directly linked to the Device ID and not Apple ID or Game Center ID.
  • Have you tried buying a new Phone? I know iphones are like $1,000 but that's less than unlocking some toons...and you dont need a iPhone that's part of the problem.

Getting a new device or buying an android can definitely fix it... has anyone tried? Or u guys all too locking into having apples?
  • I can concur it’s a Device ID issue. I was just able to find and boot up an old iPhone and get into the game.