Purple defense bar

Hi there! I don't know if it is repeat question but try to ask you.

Question: How can I upgrade Characters to purple defense bar? Gear XI? or what? Your feedback will be very important. Thanks!

Replies

• what do you mean by purple defense bar? Gear level 7 is purple and unlocks protection. There is an effect called protection up which adds purple protection to your characters, bonus protection is similar to this, but those are only gained during a battle
  • smyndh6ebjvg.png
    Allenb60 wrote: »
    what do you mean by purple defense bar? Gear level 7 is purple and unlocks protection. There is an effect called protection up which adds purple protection to your characters, bonus protection is similar to this, but those are only gained during a battle

Allenb60,

You can see my characters that they don't have purple defense bar. The gears are IX but no purple bar at all. I don't understand why. Maybe I'm missing something? Any tips?

Thanks.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Protection up or bonus protection. They are buffs or unique abilities that give protection in addition to regular protection. It is indicated by the purple.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    Protection up or bonus protection. They are buffs or unique abilities that give protection in addition to regular protection. It is indicated by the purple.

Right, how can I set the setting for each character? I already updated it to gear IX and nothing showing "purple protection". Any idea?
  • The "purple protection" is a result of abilities that only some characters have. Some characters can gain protection up/bonus protection, or they can give those buffs to their allies in battle. This is the only way to get the purple protection, it is not a setting that you can alter for each character.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Right, how can I set the setting for each character? I already updated it to gear IX and nothing showing "purple protection". Any idea?

There is no stat for the purple protection. It only exists during a battle and is a function of either a unique ability, or a buff.

For example, if a character gains a protection up buff, it will be represented by the purple portion of the protection bar. This is only to differentiate it from regular protection.
  • Only certain characters can give that "purple bar". People like bastilla shan grants all Jedi purple bar if she's the leader. Ahsoka fulcrum gives allies purple bar when she attacks. But you can't get it from gears. its just a buff or protection bonus.