Bossk is why we hate ships.

Prev13
Hear me out. I have made several meta fleets around Bossk's ship. I'm sure you have too. Yes I know there are ways to take him out but think about this. What if his ship did not exist (at least not as currently constructed). How much more fun/interesting would fleet arena be without that 1 roadblock that is in almost every meta defining fleet. I would give it up in a heart beat if everyone had to. Think about having to theory craft a fleet without it.
Thoughts???

Replies

  • Mikek
    107 posts Member
    Any current meta fleet is actually better without Bossk. And actually even old meta - Home1 does better with Bistan than HT. Negotiator and Malevolence fleet can destroy HT in 2-3 shots unless they had really bad rng.
  • Hmm,

    Falcon doesn’t use Bossk, Malevolence doesn’t either.

    Sick
  • Krashxxxx wrote: »
    How much more fun/interesting would fleet arena be without that 1 roadblock that is in almost every meta defining fleet?
    At all.
  • I see Bossk in every fleet line-up in my shard.

    It’s undeniably overpowered.
  • HT is a good plug in most any fleet and will allow you to compete at the top - but there are slightly superior options. Your point wAs that he is annoying to go up against and he is too plug and play? I kind of miss plug and play....everything is so specialized now.
  • The only time I use HT in my fleet shard is when I face another Negotiator fleet, other than that a full GR lineup works better especially against Manevolence.
  • I just posted this today, showing how I still use Rebels without HT to smash Negotiator. I agree with Mikek (above) HT is over used though, so it is annoying to see all the time. But if were not HT, it would be something else. I just wish there was more diversity in Ships period. In my shard, it's 100% Negotiator or Home One in the top 50.

    Anyway, here's my guide for rebels to beat Negotiator. I end every day in the top 3 and yes, that does include beating Kenobi, Anakin, Ahsoka or Fives with 7 relics. The match up is easy, the issue is luck from the "chance" of assists from HMF. When it fails you, you lose.

  • Mikek wrote: »
    Any current meta fleet is actually better without Bossk. And actually even old meta - Home1 does better with Bistan than HT. Negotiator and Malevolence fleet can destroy HT in 2-3 shots unless they had really bad rng.

    I run rex fives anakin in my nego fleet and it rarely fails. Does amazing stuff on offense, abit easy to get past on defense, but hey if it gets annoying i can always switch to HT for def
  • TVF
    31345 posts Member
    I see Bossk in every fleet line-up in my shard.

    It’s undeniably overpowered.

    Denied.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • ZAP wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    I see Bossk in every fleet line-up in my shard.

    It’s undeniably overpowered.

    Denied.

    You’re anecdotal denial is denied by actual data
    Your denial of his denial is denied by your failure to provide said data.
  • TVF
    31345 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    I see Bossk in every fleet line-up in my shard.

    It’s undeniably overpowered.

    Denied.

    You’re anecdotal denial is denied by actual data.

    According to swgoh.gg HT is used in 72% of rank 1 fleets.

    85% of top 10 fleets use HT



    I was referring to the "undeniably overpowered" part.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    31345 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    ZAP wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    ZAP wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    I see Bossk in every fleet line-up in my shard.

    It’s undeniably overpowered.

    Denied.

    You’re anecdotal denial is denied by actual data.

    According to swgoh.gg HT is used in 72% of rank 1 fleets.

    85% of top 10 fleets use HT



    I was referring to the "undeniably overpowered" part.

    Well I’d say if he’s used by so many rank 1 and top 10 fleets, more so than any other ship, he might just be OP, no?

    HT ranks higher than any other ship in top ranks. He also ranks higher than any other character in top of squad arena, including malak and sky guy.

    If any character or ship is considered OP, the data shows that HT is the top of the list, based on data, period.

    When people say overpowered they mean it's too strong for the good of the game. HT is nowhere near that point anymore, if it ever was.

    You are arguing meta, not OP. HT is the most effective tactic available, or at least that's how people perceive it so they're still using it via muscle memory. But it's definitely not overpowered anymore, because it's easily beatable.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Krashxxxx wrote: »
    Blah, blah, blah...
    Thoughts???

    Yes, title change. Bossk is why "I" hate ships.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • TVF
    31345 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    ZAP wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    ZAP wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    I see Bossk in every fleet line-up in my shard.

    It’s undeniably overpowered.

    Denied.

    You’re anecdotal denial is denied by actual data.

    According to swgoh.gg HT is used in 72% of rank 1 fleets.

    85% of top 10 fleets use HT



    I was referring to the "undeniably overpowered" part.

    Well I’d say if he’s used by so many rank 1 and top 10 fleets, more so than any other ship, he might just be OP, no?

    HT ranks higher than any other ship in top ranks. He also ranks higher than any other character in top of squad arena, including malak and sky guy.

    If any character or ship is considered OP, the data shows that HT is the top of the list, based on data, period.

    When people say overpowered they mean it's too strong for the good of the game. HT is nowhere near that point anymore, if it ever was.

    You are arguing meta, not OP. HT is the most effective tactic available, or at least that's how people perceive it so they're still using it via muscle memory. But it's definitely not overpowered anymore, because it's easily beatable.

    People are not using HT because of muscle memory, they are using it because it’s still the best ship tank in the game, period.

    Maybe when BLT becomes farmable or more people get hyena bomber maxed, that will change, but until then, just because you “feel” HT is not OP, doesn’t change the fact that most “feel” otherwise.

    I’ll take the data over your feelings any day of the week and when you’re defending CG or your own point of view you do too.



    I can see this is a pointless discussion, since you are still talking meta and not OP.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gifafi
    5727 posts Member
    I dislike arenas I don't finish in the top in too
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    31345 posts Member
    There is data that HT is meta.

    There is no data showing HT is OP.

    You are insisting that meta = OP. That is why I am done discussing it with you.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • ZAP wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    There is data that HT is meta.

    There is no data showing HT is OP.

    You are insisting that meta = OP. That is why I am done discussing it with you.

    Which just proves you always think you’re right and never are open to discussion with someone opposed to YOUR views and opinions.

    JKR was considered OP when he came out and was “meta” for 6+ months. Then DR came out and was considered OP and then malak came and definitely people considered both, especially together OP.

    JKR is not considered OP anymore, especially when looking at data of top arena teams. He was OP at time of release, but his OPness has waned as other chars and teams are released.

    DR is not considered OP anymore, but malak still kind of is as evidenced by data of top arena teams.

    Here’s the difference between HT and those toons though. Malak is the only one of those still considered OP and his use is limited to SE teams, making him a part of a meta, you don’t see people using malak outside of SE teams. You see anyone using malak on a padme team or GS team?

    The difference is that as metas fade and change, the one toon/ship that’s still being used at the top of arena for the last 18 months is HT. That ship hasn’t faded at all and is used in multiple comps.

    Obv you believe there is no such thing as an OP char/ship, cause you want to perpetuate the idea that CG actually knows how to balance their game, that’s your narrative because it’s their narrative.

    It’s cool if you’d rather not discuss something with me, but don’t tell me that you know my viewpoint is “meta” and yours is “OP” when I’m telling you straight up that’s not my stance on the issue.

    HT has been and still is the single most OP char/ship in the game, especially for as long as it’s been out.

    You've still provided 0 data, other than your opinion, that HT is OP.
  • thecarterologist958
    1052 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    ZAP wrote: »
    I provided a ton more data than you or TVF provided that he’s not.

    Snap

    Because 0 is a tonne more than 0.
  • ZAP wrote: »
    ZAP wrote: »
    I provided a ton more data than you or TVF provided that he’s not.

    Snap

    Because 0 is a tonne more than 0.

    Oh cool, I get to out and own 3 of you now.

    I have provided data and an explanation of why I think that data is relevant.

    You, 3 stooges have provided exactly nothing, knuck knuck, woohoo woohoo, pow!

    Look guys/gals, whatever, you’ve provided zero data or even an explanation of why you think HT is not OP. You could at least try and submit something?

    I did it with less words.
  • ZAP wrote: »

    You said nothing at all

    I can see from the empty quote bar.
  • thecarterologist958
    1052 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    ZAP wrote: »

    Oh cool, I get to out and own 3 of you now.

    I have provided data and an explanation of why I think that data is relevant.

    You, 3 stooges have provided exactly nothing, knuck knuck, woohoo woohoo, pow!

    Look guys/gals, whatever, you’ve provided zero data or even an explanation of why you think HT is not OP. You could at least try and submit something?
    TVF wrote: »
    You are arguing meta, not OP
    TVF wrote: »
    you are still talking meta and not OP.
    TVF wrote: »
    There is data that HT is meta.

    There is no data showing HT is OP.
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    You've still provided 0 data, other than your opinion, that HT is OP.
    ZAP wrote: »
    JKR is not considered OP anymore, especially when looking at data of top arena teams. He was OP at time of release, but his OPness has waned as other chars and teams are released.

    Or in other words, counters developed.
    ZAP wrote: »
    DR is not considered OP anymore, but malak still kind of is as evidenced by data of top arena teams.

    DR without Malak has never been OP, so it has only ever been Malak I believe. If you want to provide literally any validity, answer the points made and give a reason why meta is the same as OP to you.
Sign In or Register to comment.