Just sharing my guide for Rebel fleets to easily beat Negotiator

Hello everyone, please stay positive! We all love this game, so let's be cool about it. :)

So a while back, I nearly quit SWGOH when Negotiator came out and dominated my shard's fleet arena. I had invested so much time (and some money) into my Rebel fleet and just when I made top 5 for my first week, BOOM Negotiators kicked me back out. The timing was awful! I was so mad to have just reached the top and after a few days, a meta shift kicked me out.

However, I've since learned how to easily beat those GR & Negotiator fleets in my arena with Rebels. Today I went 4-1 against them, ended the day at #2, but held #1 for most of it. This includes beating relic 7 Kenobi, Anakin and Ahsokas. So, I thought I'd share how to do it because a lot of people felt the same way. As it turns out, winning with Rebels is pretty easy actually, though the play order is counter intuitive. As such, I made this video to share how I and a few others do it. I hope you all enjoy.

Here is my standing today after going 4 wins and 1 loss against GR-Negotiator.

8ttvnqgnw9id.png

And here is my guide on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHapfmhtSQ4&feature=youtu.be

Replies

• How do you lose when you “easily beat”?
  • How do you lose when you “easily beat”?

Easily is defined as "without difficulty". You seem to have confused the adverbs easily and always, which means "at all times or on all occasions.". I did not say I "always" win. I said you can still easily win. Yes, something can be easy, but still not work out the way you want.

If you watch the full video, you'll see that it was pretty easy to win those 4 matches, especially when compared to the previous struggles I referenced above. You gotta keep things in context. With that said, I will admit that luck is a factor that affects the outcome as HMF's assists are not guaranteed.
  • I love those hard fighting rebel fleets. They make a nice prey for Malevolence...
    >:)
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    You said Cassian takes away unending loyalty so you can kill Anakin. This is untrue, it's a locked buff.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    You got the first part of the strategy, but missed the second - which is to make anakin take his bonus turns asap to burn off Unending Loyalty by removing all protection from, and killing, other ships. Then call in cassian once it's gone, removing taunts and stealth, and taking him out. Your battles demonstrate this but it wasn't stated. One of the big reasons neg mirror matches are tough is because Neg dazes anakin, keeping underending loyalty for a lot longer.

It's a very relevant video even for players that don't use rebels in arena, as often you'll run up against negotiator on defense in TW and GAC.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    kalidor wrote: »
    You got the first part of the strategy, but missed the second - which is to make anakin take his bonus turns asap to burn off Unending Loyalty by removing all protection from, and killing, other ships. Then call in cassian once it's gone, removing taunts and stealth, and taking him out. Your battles demonstrate this but it wasn't stated. One of the big reasons neg mirror matches are tough is because Neg dazes anakin, keeping underending loyalty for a lot longer.

It's a very relevant video even for players that don't use rebels in arena, as often you'll run up against negotiator on defense in TW and GAC.

I only watched the first battle and he called Cassian while Anakin had the locked buff.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    kalidor wrote: »

I only watched the first battle and he called Cassian while Anakin had the locked buff.

Yeah, that's why that battle took so long. There's quite a few other misplays, some of which he calls out, some he doesn't - so a good exercise to the viewer to figure them all out.
  • Could you elaborate why HT is not a good tank in this strategy?
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Could you elaborate why HT is not a good tank in this strategy?

It can't call HMF to assist, which you need to get anakin on the ropes quickly. In the TW/GAC scenario, it frees HT for other squads.
  • The problem isn't beating Negotiator on offense, the problem is holding onto your gains on defense.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    The problem isn't beating Negotiator on offense, the problem is holding onto your gains on defense.

Before I unlocked Mal, I had Rebels with no Bistan, and it was 50/50 on offense depending on number of assists.
  • Could you elaborate why HT is not a good tank in this strategy?

Aside from adding to the assist fireworks, Biggs with a fast Bistan can usually taunt a lot quicker than HT. There's a good chance JKA uses his special and slaps buff immunity on your HT before he gets a turn.

That being said, I wouldn't call this an easy counter by any means. It's the easiest with Home One, but it's very RNG-y. On a bad day, you might need 3-4 tries to take down the JKA + Ahsoka lineup that everyone uses now. You'll onstantly get dazed and slapped with buff and healing immunity and you'll see tank after tank as reinforcement rather than Fives or Plo. First Clone Sarge, then Sun Fac, then Biggs or Y-Wing. Anything to lower your chances of targeting JKA. And it works. Cassian does force all against Sarge and Sun Fac. It's a huge PIA and anything but easy.
  • Wait till someone in your shard gets a 7star negotiator. Quite a difference, I’m curious as to whether you’d be successful then.
  • A little off topic, but why do you care about holding #1 for most of the day? I only care about holding it for the last five minutes before my payout.

Seems to me you’re probably ticking people off if you’re trying to stay first all day. If you keep that up, I suspect you’ll soon be targeted and driven out of the top ten everyday.
  • ok ... there are shards with no 7* nego...
    just wait some weeks and you will see hiw hard it is to kill these.
    5s in startup - you have a chance with rebells... ht, ani and snipps in startup - no real chance if they have relicts.
    All below 500k is doable with rng... above - hard work
  • A little off topic, but why do you care about holding #1 for most of the day? I only care about holding it for the last five minutes before my payout.

Seems to me you’re probably ticking people off if you’re trying to stay first all day. If you keep that up, I suspect you’ll soon be targeted and driven out of the top ten everyday.

Yeah. But that’s not in the spirit of the game.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • kalidor wrote: »

Doh... now I feel silly. Thanks for clarifying, I thought I understood this, seems I still got some learning to do.
  • Easy is inappropriate. You only have 50% chance winning if Negotiator goes before your Home One (which is almost always the case among end game players)
  • Gerbil thank you SO much for this :) Found myself in a similar situation where I'd invested heavily in Rebels and the Negotiator changed this overnight. I really wanted to find a way to keep the squad I have because I enjoy Rebels a lot, and was worried if I Relic'd a few Rebels in my fleet in an attempt to compete, that that could go wasted and I'd ultimately still have to join the Kenobi bus like the others. Major thanks man, I'm super excited to try all this and appreciate you making this video to help folks!
  • gusyud
    41 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    I'm also a rebel user. win against negotiator 3 out of 5. what causes me to lose is RNG. my loss was due to low accuracy or very low assist percentage.
  • AntiHeld
    237 posts Member
    kiar1404 wrote: »
    ok ... there are shards with no 7* nego...
    5s in startup - you have a chance with rebells... ht, ani and snipps in startup - no real chance if they have relicts.

Thats gear dependant, as always. With some relics on your Rebels, you can kill those all reliced 7* Negotiators with Ahsoka in starting lineup, too. It's more difficult than 5s ofc, and even more rng dependant, but you can still win a good portion.
  • Thanks for sharing that. It worked very well!
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    A little off topic, but why do you care about holding #1 for most of the day? I only care about holding it for the last five minutes before my payout.

hogging the top spot all day or getting smacked down for doing so?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • joelgs23
    251 posts Member
    Gerbil thank you SO much for this :)

You're super welcome! Update, I'm still hanging in top 10 against Neg and Mel, though I gotta admit that Mel is really hard. :( It occurred to me too, that many of my ships are only around 70% max damage and health cause some pilots are only G11, where as I'm beating R7 Kenobi, Ahsoka and Skywalker! :) What a great feeling! However, I've decided to start relic'ing my team, starting with Biggs, then Bistan and Scarif Rebel. It's could be a waste as they don't help in Arena or GAC, but my aim is to keep getting 300-400 crystals daily in Fleets, which will help me relic other characters much faster later on. I've never seen a R7 Biggs and Bistan, but I suspect they will walk over Neg with ease since you can do it with G11 / 12 crews.
  • joelgs23
    251 posts Member
    AntiHeld wrote: »
    kiar1404 wrote: »
    ok ... there are shards with no 7* nego...

Thats gear dependant, as always. With some relics on your Rebels, you can kill those all reliced 7* Negotiators with Ahsoka in starting lineup, too. It's more difficult than 5s ofc, and even more rng dependant, but you can still win a good portion.

See my post above, but yes I'm already doing it. I can beat a full R7 Kenobi, Skywalker, Ahsoka, etc, with a few rebels still at G11. HARD, but doable. Now I'm adding G13 and relics to Jyn, Biggs and Bistan, I expect to easily beat those same "harder" Neg. teams.

• joelgs23
    251 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    A little off topic, but why do you care about holding #1 for most of the day? I only care about holding it for the last five minutes before my payout.

hogging the top spot all day or getting smacked down for doing so?

I've learned.... I don't hold 1st now, I just wait till 1 hour before payout and then climb as high I can, get crystals then back off for 23 hours. Works well. I'm always top 10, often #1.
  • Hortus
    621 posts Member
    joelgs23 wrote: »
    Now I'm adding G13 and relics to Jyn, Biggs and Bistan, I expect to easily beat those same "harder" Neg. teams.

Relics on Jyn (and any other Cassian's U-wing crew) probably isn't the best investment unless you are going to use Rogue 1 team elsewhere. Cassian's ship do it's job even at low-gear. Imho purely for HMF fleet it's better to put resources to Biggs and Bistan/SRP (after HMF, of course) - survivability of starting lineup is usually the key to victory here.
  • AntiHeld
    237 posts Member
    And it helps to get Bistan to move before HMF. Takes out a bit rng. If Han/Chewie are R7 that means your Bistan/SRP should be around R3/4 (and yes - it hurts big time to G13 them - especially Bistan :wink: )
  • NicWester wrote: »
    The problem isn't beating Negotiator on offense, the problem is holding onto your gains on defense.

My shard has rank 1 through 100 Negotiators. The problem if you don't have a Neg. or Malev. is 1st an inability to climb by beating the lunch-line of Negotiators. Before defending, you 1st need to climb.
  • AntiHeld wrote: »
    And it helps to get Bistan to move before HMF. Takes out a bit rng. If Han/Chewie are R7 that means your Bistan/SRP should be around R3/4 (and yes - it hurts big time to G13 them - especially Bistan :wink: )

This is what I've come to realize too. My Bistan is currently slower than HMF and it's a complete crapshoot whether I'll get good RNG to pop unending loyalty on Anakin. I've seen vids from others with faster Bistan and they seem to work much more consistently.