TW match-making and number of squads for each territory

Prev134
OK, I don't believe devs gonna ever give us better match-making (taking average GP into account or something like that) so I'd like to ask for only one VERY EASY shift: when one guild has 50/50 members signed up and other has 42/50 (for example) - make number of squads for each territory 25 not 21. Obviously better equipped side will have to spend at least part of their advantage for defense - it's gonna more fair and lower effects of "sand-bagging", imho.

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Alternatively:
    Don't make this change.
  • SurvivorM
    79 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Waqui wrote: »
    Alternatively:
    Don't make this change.

Why? Cuz you got used to sand-bag and win? Don't see any other reason anyone can vote against changes... 50/50 guilds really need something to equalize chances.
  • TaTaKaS
    167 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Agree with op.

Even better idea would be to use your whole roster on D and then again on offense and have unlimited defenses to set even the weakest character you have. That would be the only real way to see which guild or even individual (ga) has the better roster or is the most efficient with what you have...

You could make that 3 days for setting defenses in tw and 4 days to attack. That would be exciting!! And double the rewards you currently have and there you go...
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    SurvivorM wrote: »
    Alternatively:
    Don't make this change.

Why? Cuz you got used to sand-bag and win? Don't see any other reason anyone can vote against changes...

Common sense

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    lol sandbag. seems super legit that people would often sit out a tw so their guildmates could get one extra zeta
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Waqui wrote: »
    Alternatively:
    Don't make this change.

Why? Cuz you got used to sand-bag and win? Don't see any other reason anyone can vote against changes...

Common sense

Wow what a wisdom, now you convinced me (not even close). Common sense tells me if it's called "war" - make it war when the less the number of players joined the harder to win, not vice versa.
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    lol sandbag. seems super legit that people would often sit out a tw so their guildmates could get one extra zeta

Usually ppl just have RL issues and don't have time for offense, but still it's legit to call it "sand-bagging" as rest of the guild don't have to pull their weight when they don't sign up for TW, imho.

My post is inspired by the fact our guild faces 42-46 opponents with +10-20kk GP overall and +200-500k on average most of the times (we are often 50/50). It seems fair that both sides should set 25x squads as well as kill 25x opponents' ones: they have GP advantage, we also should have some to balance things. Atm match-making system upholds guilds with less TW participation and punishes guilds which have 50/50 (more or less) members signed up. It's against common sense.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »

Usually ppl just have RL issues and don't have time for offense, but still it's legit to call it "sand-bagging" as rest of the guild don't have to pull their weight when they don't sign up for TW, imho.

My post is inspired by the fact our guild faces 42-46 opponents with +10-20kk GP overall and +200-500k on average most of the times (we are often 50/50).

I don't believe, you do. I believe you face opponents with matching overall GP.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Alternatively:
    Don't make this change.

Common sense

Wow what a wisdom, now you convinced me (not even close). Common sense tells me if it's called "war" - make it war when the less the number of players joined the harder to win, not vice versa.

Common sense tells me not to compare this game mode to wars.
  • SurvivorM
    79 posts Member
    edited January 2020

My post is inspired by the fact our guild faces 42-46 opponents with +10-20kk GP overall and +200-500k on average most of the times (we are often 50/50).

Don't see the point to argue with ppl who manipulate facts in their favor. Don't believe your mom when she says you're the smartest one in the world ;)
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

Don't see the point to argue with ppl who manipulate facts in their favor. Don't believe your mom when she says you're the smartest one in the world ;)

Guilds are matched by active GP. I don't believe you're matched, like you claim. Feel free to prove your ..."fact".
  • Gifafi wrote: »

Lol it does exist. It’s not a fairytale. Just do the maths, if 4 ppl sitting out means a guaranteed win vs 50/50 giving u a 70% chance of winning, u get an EV of 30 more zetas per round. And ultimately, this boils down to whether there are people with busy lives, and yea usually u can find 4 ppl every week who would rather sit out than do a tw battle in the middle of their busy schedule.

Guilds are matched by active GP. I don't believe you're matched, like you claim. Feel free to prove your ..."fact".

Overall GP of both guilds are: ours 235kk+, opponents' 250kk+. We are 46/50, not sure about them but zones requure 21x squads each. Since we have (around) same active GP they should have (around) +300-400k GP on average. It would be fair to make them use this advantage to fill additional defensive slots as well as to kill our additional def squads.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

Overall GP of both guilds are: ours 235kk+, opponents' 250kk+. We are 46/50, not sure about them but zones requure 21x squads each. Since we have (around) same active GP they should have (around) +300-400k GP on average. It would be fair to make them use this advantage to fill additional defensive slots as well as to kill our additional def squads.

Your (false) claim was, that the 42-46 players, you face, have higher overall GP than your guild. Now you claim, that both sides have matching active GP. We agree on the last bit.
  • if 4 ppl sitting out means a guaranteed win vs 50/50

This is where the mistake is.

Your (false) claim was, that the 42-46 players, you face, have higher overall GP than your guild. Now you claim, that both sides have matching active GP. We agree on the last bit.

You manipulate facts... again (it's boring already) : (1) I never claimed their active GP is higher than our total, it was (obviously) said about overall both guilds' GP; (2) average GP is way too far from being equal / well matched - that's the problem I suggest to solve by making better equipped side to set more def squads + kill opponents' additional squads. Otherwise it's a huge disadvantage for more active guild (with more members signed in for TW) which is against common sense to me.
  • if 4 ppl sitting out means a guaranteed win vs 50/50

This is where the mistake is.

It might not be a guaranteed win, but it gives much more chances to the guild that enters the TW with fewer people. Coward guilds that can't beat guilds with their same GP are taking advantage of this. This should definitively be fixed.
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    These threads happen every TW and the fact is that nobody has any proof, because there's none possible short of a discord log where the other guild discusses sandbagging.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • My two guilds were at 32 and 38 respectively and we have 49 and 48 members respectively. NO ONE PURPOSELY SAT OUT! (as in purposely, I mean to initiate any sort of sandbagging) This change willbegin to punish those guilds that are more casual and in it for the fun. No one sits out for better rewards for other players, they sit out when they are busy or don't want to play...
  • Jack1210 wrote: »
    My two guilds were at 32 and 38 respectively and we have 49 and 48 members respectively. NO ONE PURPOSELY SAT OUT! (as in purposely, I mean to initiate any sort of sandbagging) This change willbegin to punish those guilds that are more casual and in it for the fun. No one sits out for better rewards for other players, they sit out when they are busy or don't want to play...

If you do the match, in 7 TW-s (with a win) if you rotate the sitouts, everyone including the sitout players are earning more rewards. That is a fact. Sandbagging (on purpose or not) have to be addressed. Right now we are facing. 48/50 guild with 10 mill more gp. Probably 2 sitouts to match our gp and they are easily winning against us. So 46 vs our 50.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

You manipulate facts... again (it's boring already) : (1) I never claimed their active GP is higher than our total, it was (obviously) said about overall both guilds' GP;

You're obviously wrong:
    [...]
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    HJoci30 wrote: »
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    My two guilds were at 32 and 38 respectively and we have 49 and 48 members respectively. NO ONE PURPOSELY SAT OUT! (as in purposely, I mean to initiate any sort of sandbagging) This change willbegin to punish those guilds that are more casual and in it for the fun. No one sits out for better rewards for other players, they sit out when they are busy or don't want to play...

If you do the match, in 7 TW-s (with a win) if you rotate the sitouts, everyone including the sitout players are earning more rewards. That is a fact. Sandbagging (on purpose or not) have to be addressed. Right now we are facing. 48/50 guild with 10 mill more gp. Probably 2 sitouts to match our gp and they are easily winning against us. So 46 vs our 50.

Or just win without sitting out?

No one can prove anyone is sandbagging on purpose.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • HJoci30 wrote: »

So 2 people. You are complaining about 2 people not joining.... OK man. Also, why are you guys not tagging 2 members to sit out since thats such an insane matchmaking issue.....? Since it is a guaranteed win and over 7 TW (how many months??) you'll bbe even...
  • HJoci30 wrote: »

Would you mind providing the math you did? (I also believe that some few guilds do intentionally sandbag, and have posted some of my own numbers on these forums, but I don’t recall 7 Winning TWs as a profitably break point in any of the scenarios I’ve looked at - I also don’t think that in most cases participation of 46 or more By the opposing guild is intentional - my own 258M guild is still voluntary TW join, and we usually run 46-48 joined - and often face 42-44 opponents from higher guilds....) Thank you!
  • Balthasar666
    254 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Alternatively:
    Don't make this change.

Common sense

[Removed - CM]

if a 230m gp guild with 49 participants gets matched with a 272m gp guild with 41/42 participants the lower gp guild is at a clear disadvantage even with the active gp being equal

1. there is the progression advantage (g13 wats, 7 star negotiator (in addition 5 star malevolence) more skywalkers
    2. the gp per team advantage
    the whole gp gets into the calculation which means every useless g8 character of 49 people vs the useless g8s of 41 people (guess which guild adds up more matchmaking gp that is irrelevant in the fights)
    so on average the relic level of used teams (which are less because its just 21 teams per sector) is way higher on the side of the higher gp guild with less participants

so it doesnt matter that the 49 player guild has 8 revan teams more if they are g12 or partially g13 if there are 41 full reliced g13 grievous teams on the opposing side
    you can make that comparison for every common counter
    r7 geos vs g12 traya is another one

this matchmaking gives completly stupid matches for both sides
    of course the ones with lesser participants wins most of the time, but it has to be boring a f if you roll over your enemies everytime without being challenged even a tiny bit

and it doesnt matter at all if it is sandbagging on purpose or because of holidays or whatever
    the outcome is trash and cg (according to their Q&A) doesnt even know what the problem is
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
  • Jack1210 wrote: »
    HJoci30 wrote: »

So 2 people. You are complaining about 2 people not joining.... OK man. Also, why are you guys not tagging 2 members to sit out since thats such an insane matchmaking issue.....? Since it is a guaranteed win and over 7 TW (how many months??) you'll bbe even...

Because it is unfair, and there are still people who dont want to exploit this garbage matchmaking. We have 220 mill with 50. They have 230 with 48. The left out 2 people to match our gp. Thats it. Think about it, 46 players have the same gp as our 50 players......
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Alternatively:
    Don't make this change.

Common sense

sorry, but every single answer of yours in here is completely ****

if a 230m gp guild with 49 participants gets matched with a 272m gp guild with 41/42 participants the lower gp guild is at a clear disadvantage even with the active gp being equal

Chill, dude. Or read my post again. Perhaps have a friend help you read it and explain it to you. I never disputed that the shorthanded guild has an advantage. Your long list of arguments that it's an advantage is wasted on me. It's pointless. I never disagreed, that it is an advantage.
    Just.....just chill, dude.

• It might not be a guaranteed win, but it gives much more chances to the guild that enters the TW with fewer people. Coward guilds that can't beat guilds with their same GP are taking advantage of this. This should definitively be fixed.

Could you provide evidence to prove this advantage? Or evidence of a "cowardly guild" doing this intentionally?

• It might not be a guaranteed win, but it gives much more chances to the guild that enters the TW with fewer people. Coward guilds that can't beat guilds with their same GP are taking advantage of this. This should definitively be fixed.

Could you provide evidence to prove this advantage? Or evidence of a "cowardly guild" doing this intentionally?

Some guy just joined our guild he said he wasn't allowed to participate in tw for 6 months because his last guild wouldn't let him join because they wanted to sandbag it and go in with 49 members only. Poor guy he was forced to get nothing so they could get a huge advantage by being 1 man down and go 16 and 0 in tw. Poor poor guy so sad... I started a go fund me if anyone is interested in donating...idk if forums allow me to post it here tho...
  • Some guy just joined our guild he said he wasn't allowed to participate in tw for 6 months because his last guild wouldn't let him join because they wanted to sandbag it and go in with 49 members only. Poor guy he was forced to get nothing so they could get a huge advantage by being 1 man down and go 16 and 0 in tw. Poor poor guy so sad... I started a go fund me if anyone is interested in donating...idk if forums allow me to post it here tho...

Ah, it must be true, my entire attitude towards life and Territory Wars has been transformed forever.